Archived Completed Planograms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything you are saying is so familiar, if I didn't know who targetoldtimer was, I would think greydot was me! LOL!

I am really trying to take a step back to allow the new ptl to become the leader I know she can become. For too long, the team looked to me for answers and help, and now its time for me to step back and allow them to make mistakes or go to their leader for help.

I have a ummm.."fixer" personality, so this is reallllly hard for me.

Of course, I still help the ptl when she asks for it or ask cihyds if she has that "look". Hey, I'm not stupid, I know who writes my review! LOL!

We have a new PTL too. I end up doing a lot of the work. People come to me with questions because they know I know what to do. I finally showed them how to pre-tie so I didn't have to do it anymore.

For my store I built the trees, infant furniture and most of the patio furniture. Luckily I like building this stuff. The only thing I don't build is furniture that Impact is supposed to do. I also do all the TIPP ordering and mysupporting for plano on top of my own workload.

For displays and swatches I try to give them to the plano team to do, but most of the time I do it because they get confused or run out of time.

these posts make me sad for the signing tm. i went to train a ptl and gave feedback to their stl. basically, her team couldnt do displays, build stuff, sign stuff, or even get their strips and pogs and know where to go on their own. the stl said that the tm weren't capable, they wasted time, etc. told her that's not on the team. thats on the tl and etl. it's their job to make sure the team is fully trained and hold them accountable for their actions.
my team does every thing related to the pogs they are assigned. the only exception is overhead signing. 3/5 of my people are trained to do that. the other two are not comfortable with the heights. there is no reason you guys should have to do this stuff alone. it's ridiculous. my signing guy does tipp orders for everyone too, but i require that they send it in email form, with all tipp # and quantities, and cc me. if they don't do that, their stuff doesn't get ordered.

I guess we are actually doing a bit of bragging disguised as whining. In all honestly I like being so busy and if I have to sit in a chair more than a half hour, I'm bored, my foot gets to tapping and I'm ready to get back to the floor.

Good to hear you make everyone take responsibility for completing their planograms correctly, but what does your signing person do? Overheads take up such a small amount of our time....

Last edited:
...i was going to ask the same thing. or do you not have a signing tm and just allocate the workload to the team? i could see that working out (aka ok, YOU get to do overheads today....etc) but who breaks down the pallet? i've had our new PTL come up to me and ask if i wanted help breaking down my pallets (like when just recently got around 5 in at once) and i was like......it would actually be not helpful since if i don't break it down, i don't know if it came in or not if someone misplaces it. i have my own game of jenga/tetris i have to get everything staged to go out.

my signing guy does tipp orders for everyone too, but i require that they send it in email form, with all tipp # and quantities, and cc me. if they don't do that, their stuff doesn't get ordered.

i wish i could get tipp orders done like this. it is like pulling teeth to get anyone to email me anything. everyone will wait until that one or two days a week that their schedule will line up with mine, call me to the floor, point to something that is broken, wrong, or missing and be like, get this fixed/replaced/etc. i've only recently - through months of repetition (and staring at them blankly and asking, "do you have a POG # for this?") been able to get some TLs to at least present POG #'s to things they need. haven't gotten up to part numbers or quantities, but i'll have to count this as progress.....

I just tell them, "you know where the board is, could you please go write it down?" I have to say this over and over and sometimes my frustration shows, especially when its the same person, but it is getting better..........

time spent # looking up the part numbers for people for their TIPP orders;
time spent # getting a fixture for someone because 'I can't find it' even though I told them exactly where it was over the walkie;
time spent # building furniture that Impact was supposed to build;
time spent # emptying shelves, peg hooks, signs and fastbacks out of a shopping cart which is jammed into the fixture room

Where did the day go?

*sigh* do you guys get allocated into the plano workload like I do sometimes? 3 out of 5 days I'll spend the first 3 or 4 hours of my shift setting a valley AND filling back because we don't like to have those transition pallets on the floor past 8! I have almost never had the opportunity to *gasp* prebuild something to have it ready for hanging the next day! lol I THINK I'm using my time efficiently! Maybe I'm dead wrong though.

*sigh* do you guys get allocated into the plano workload like I do sometimes? 3 out of 5 days I'll spend the first 3 or 4 hours of my shift setting a valley AND filling back because we don't like to have those transition pallets on the floor past 8! I have almost never had the opportunity to *gasp* prebuild something to have it ready for hanging the next day! lol I THINK I'm using my time efficiently! Maybe I'm dead wrong though.

I don't get half shifts like that. I might get three or four days signing and one day on plano. If I am done with signing early for the day I will help out plano stock.

...i was going to ask the same thing. or do you not have a signing tm and just allocate the workload to the team? i could see that working out (aka ok, YOU get to do overheads today....etc) but who breaks down the pallet? i've had our new PTL come up to me and ask if i wanted help breaking down my pallets (like when just recently got around 5 in at once) and i was like......it would actually be not helpful since if i don't break it down, i don't know if it came in or not if someone misplaces it. i have my own game of jenga/tetris i have to get everything staged to go out.

I have a signing tm who has been with the company for a decade. he's not interested in promotion, he loves his job, and his motto is he gets paid the same regardless of what he's doing.

our receiving gal brings our signing to our old optical room, which is what we use for storage. we have it sorted by dept. she usually sorts it because she is super awesome. if there's a lot, he'll go get it and help out or i'll grab it.

our signing guy usually hops in and sets with us. he'll go get our signing and lay it out by aisle. we usually put it up. but if he's busy with overheads or something tricky i'm not familiar with (like building furniture--i'm horrible at it), we'll do it ourselves. we walk the signing area every friday and the team helps with any signing left over or stuff we can do ahead. the only issue i have is that sometimes he does the bare mininum because he's been doing it so long, he knows what he can get by with. but i'm going to mirror his schedule with him this week so i can better understand his job and how he does everything. hopefully that will help me with the "shouldn't you be done by now" issue his former tl had and i am beginning to develop with him.

Same here ISM.

Formina, I'm not a big believer in prebuilding anything that won't take me longer than 8 hours. (Christmas and Halloween is usually the exception).I do prebuild the bins for plano, just so they will set them for me and save me time there.

Like the Rainbow and Easter....my thinking is it will take more time to be able to load up all the individual pieces, have a mess in the fixture room, take the chance of loosing pieces & having to reorder, than it did for me to pop the box on the sl carpet and just build it then. I just ask to come in earlier.

Have you asked if you could spend, say, 4 days signing and 1 full day plano? Really hard to do anything to the best on half days.

our signing TM only does signing and might do a few revisions here and there ... but the POG team are the ones who build everything

time spent # looking up the part numbers for people for their TIPP orders;
time spent # getting a fixture for someone because 'I can't find it' even though I told them exactly where it was over the walkie;
time spent # building furniture that Impact was supposed to build;
time spent # emptying shelves, peg hooks, signs and fastbacks out of a shopping cart which is jammed into the fixture room

Where did the day go?

That's my day right there.
With an added:

time spent # fixing any jammed printer or computer problem in the store

With an added:

That is my most hated thing in existence right there

6:10 am "XXXX can you come to the fixture room"
Me: "What do you need?"
Them: "The printer miraculously jammed and I can't read the pictures that show step by step how to fix it"
Me: "I'm sorry I'm doing my own job on the opposite side of the store, have one of the 15 people working around the backroom show you again how to fix it"
Them: "But I don't have time to sit here and fix it, I'll use the alternate signing printer and break that one as well"

1 hour later I end up in the fixture room, Error paper jam AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I feel like I'm the only person in the store who knows how to fix anything ... even my SFT calls me for help.

I think there is an opportunity for a lot of signing TMs in this thread to become more efficient by partnering with your SFTs. They have field projects specifically for things like the infant furniture and patio. These field projects are even available under My Facilities Management on Workbench so you can view them!

If you culture a good relationship with your SFT, you two will be able to help each other out on things that may be slightly out of your workcenter. I helped my SFT take down the gondolas for patio, BTS, etc and he will help me with my projects like building the patio furniture. As silly as the mantra seems, I think remembering that we are "one team" is a good thing because signing, plano, and the SFT affect the whole store.

edit:

"time spent # building furniture that Impact was supposed to build"
Real laughter was produced at this comment. This year we didn't wait for them, the SFT and I had every single display built and on the floor before I ever heard from or saw them. Waiting for them to show up saves you time sure, but it's not worth leaving empty gondola space staring at the guests until they decide to show. My advice is not to rely on them ever, for anything. They need to be scrapped.

Last edited:
I think there is an opportunity for a lot of signing TMs in this thread to become more efficient by partnering with your SFTs. They have field projects specifically for things like the infant furniture and patio. These field projects are even available under My Facilities Management on Workbench so you can view them!

If you culture a good relationship with your SFT, you two will be able to help each other out on things that may be slightly out of your workcenter. I helped my SFT take down the gondolas for patio, BTS, etc and he will help me with my projects like building the patio furniture. As silly as the mantra seems, I think remembering that we are "one team" is a good thing because signing, plano, and the SFT affect the whole store.

edit:

"time spent # building furniture that Impact was supposed to build"
Real laughter was produced at this comment. This year we didn't wait for them, the SFT and I had every single display built and on the floor before I ever heard from or saw them. Waiting for them to show up saves you time sure, but it's not worth leaving empty gondola space staring at the guests until they decide to show. My advice is not to rely on them ever, for anything. They need to be scrapped.

My SFT and I are thick as thieves.
When I say building anything I should always add the caveat that he is right there helping out.
I can't tell you how many GTCs and shout outs at the huddles I've done for him.
I couldn't do my job if it wasn't for him.
And I'm always willing to help him out every chance I get.

And we have never had good luck with Impact.
They show up out of the blue, with a list of furniture that we often don't have and never show up again if you can't it built right that minute.
Frell them and the horse the rode in on.

I almost died when I heard they were contracted. Where do I sign a contract to never show up, not communicate when I am going to show up, and still get paid even when I don't do the job?

With an added:

PLEASE come fix our registry printers. They jam up all the time and I always hear the ****ing message on the walkie: "Registry kiosk, paper jam! Last request incomplete! Who's responding?" Some days I just want to do this:

5143180652_3f23fe8d95_z.jpg

We have to staple pog's and ppa together and keep them for year, not much room but if you get assessed by corporate it's major win if your actually do what they want.

I keep the current month and last months planograms only. There are so many revisions, that if you keep any longer then two months they have become obsolete.

We fill out the PPAs if there are no issues and toss the POG. If there is an issue we write down what the issue was and keep it until the issue is resolved. Unless it is softlines, we chuck those and don't even fill out a PPA on them. Not sure why, I have never asked. On another note when I left work this morning the sales floor was busy tying sales planners which won't be set until Monday. I can already hear it tomorow morning, I can't put this out, there is clearance where it is supposed to go! What do I do? They caught me at a weak moment and I agreed to work truck tomorrow.

we filed the PPAs but not the plano. only time I keep the plano is like when the other people said , theres an issue. When I did used to have to save them I have a file cabinet where I had a separate file for each department number and organized by area of the store. my signing TM is pretty awesome at organization and she is in charge or ordering fixtures and signing we are missing because she knows what we got in and didnt get in so she will go through them and order what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back