Archived Compucom MyDevices

Status
Not open for further replies.
so first do the basic troubleshooting. call 701 or look at work bench to figure it out. a lot of times basic troubleshooting has never been done. if you pm with equipment i can walk you through.

cash office has a ups campus ship log in, and apparently they don't care which you use to send it.

use the black boxes. otherwise things get lost and you will get yelled at. you can order it on sap.

I wasn't aware of the black cases (do you know the SAP number?) we're a SFS location. Just wrapped the MyDevice in bubble wrap and through in a 128 box with a Lithium label on it.

Also, the campus ship login in our cash office only has the bank address in their corporate address book. I didn't know the full NJ address, so we didn't use it. The receiver had a login, just had them print a label up.

I was told mydevices did not require the black boxes but anything going to MN did. Also CSC told me it was ok to send it without a black box for price scanner and such and I prob would get a black box back anyway when the item will be returned, but it is on sap just havent checked the number.

I wasn't aware of the black cases (do you know the SAP number?) we're a SFS location. Just wrapped the MyDevice in bubble wrap and through in a 128 box with a Lithium label on it.

Also, the campus ship login in our cash office only has the bank address in their corporate address book. I didn't know the full NJ address, so we didn't use it. The receiver had a login, just had them print a label up.

i'll get the sap number/description to you next time im in. we were a test store, but i'm pretty sure corp switched to have a coupon ship to el paso instead of sending them through store mail.

I was told mydevices did not require the black boxes but anything going to MN did. Also CSC told me it was ok to send it without a black box for price scanner and such and I prob would get a black box back anyway when the item will be returned, but it is on sap just havent checked the number.
the biggest thing i'm facing is i never get to see all my equipment in one place, or know when things are in. i have serial numbers for most, but trying to figure out if the serial number i sent out is in use is impossible.

if its not in a black box no one cares what it is and it can spend a month received but never replaced.

the biggest thing i'm facing is i never get to see all my equipment in one place, or know when things are in. i have serial numbers for most, but trying to figure out if the serial number i sent out is in use is impossible.

if its not in a black box no one cares what it is and it can spend a month received but never replaced.

You use the Ios report or PDA report on workbench to see when they were last used/by whom? Also for the black boxes I told the manager and she said to just send it so out of my hands for that one.

Curious if anyone knows what the statuses mean. I can't find anything on the Compucom site that explains it. Seeing "Order in Config" now.

Curious if anyone knows what the statuses mean. I can't find anything on the Compucom site that explains it. Seeing "Order in Config" now.

Order in config means it's being configured for your store and they will update the serial number on the iOs report for your store and remove the old serial you sent in. Should be sent out in a day or two back to your store. That's from experience.

Just a little clarification. I have been a TL of every area in the store. Yes that even includes Plano. So I know how important working equipment is. However there are work centers that absolutely must have a device to do their job, pricing, backroom and instocks. Sure it would be great if everyone could have one but that is just not possible. I know what its like to work Plano without devices. BUT you can do it. If you havePrice change cannot complete their work without one.KWIM? Most departments are under time restraints. Instocks has to get scanning done by 10am in our store. The first half hour every day is spent trying to get a charged device. When they do get one it is only partially charged because someone had been using it all morning. The time that is wasted each and every morning looking for working equipment is a huge waste. All you hear is crickets when you ask for a working device. It is ridiculous that I have to pull up the report to see who is signed into what and then I have to make my rounds getting the equipment to give to process teams.So while I feel Planos pain, they may need to adapt, work in teams and share. TLs need to think about the big picture when bringing in extra TMs for projects. If you have 20 devices spoken for don't bring in 6 extra people for a project that needs equipment at the same time. Actually this is one reason price change working evenings would possibly work.
Now what I originally asked was tips or tricks stores have used to keep theirs working. Of course we all put them in airplane mode to recharge, lower the brightness and make sure there are no other apps running. A peer in another store said they hold the two side buttons while the device is in the cradle. The top light will flash red and it seems to charge faster,
I would just really like a trouble shooting guide. Sending them in is no problem however they cannot possibly be this fragile can they. (sorry just hoping I guess) I think there must be some simple tricks to help keep them running, get them charged and keeping them connected to the network

Does anyone get these to work on a consistent basis? I think our team spends at least 20 minutes every morning trying to see which device will work. I don't think any price change or instocks team member has ever had one last through an entire shift. Let met know what tips or tricks you have used to keep them charged, get them charged or just plain work. Our battery life is zilch. They are pushed down into the cradle, the cradle banks are plugged in and working. Junk just junk
Best battery saver is to turn the brightness down until you can barely see the screen. That gives me a couple extra hours of life.

Just a little clarification. I have been a TL of every area in the store. Yes that even includes Plano. So I know how important working equipment is. However there are work centers that absolutely must have a device to do their job, pricing, backroom and instocks. Sure it would be great if everyone could have one but that is just not possible. I know what its like to work Plano without devices. BUT you can do it. If you havePrice change cannot complete their work without one.KWIM? Most departments are under time restraints. Instocks has to get scanning done by 10am in our store. The first half hour every day is spent trying to get a charged device. When they do get one it is only partially charged because someone had been using it all morning. The time that is wasted each and every morning looking for working equipment is a huge waste. All you hear is crickets when you ask for a working device. It is ridiculous that I have to pull up the report to see who is signed into what and then I have to make my rounds getting the equipment to give to process teams.So while I feel Planos pain, they may need to adapt, work in teams and share. TLs need to think about the big picture when bringing in extra TMs for projects. If you have 20 devices spoken for don't bring in 6 extra people for a project that needs equipment at the same time. Actually this is one reason price change working evenings would possibly work.
Now what I originally asked was tips or tricks stores have used to keep theirs working. Of course we all put them in airplane mode to recharge, lower the brightness and make sure there are no other apps running. A peer in another store said they hold the two side buttons while the device is in the cradle. The top light will flash red and it seems to charge faster,
I would just really like a trouble shooting guide. Sending them in is no problem however they cannot possibly be this fragile can they. (sorry just hoping I guess) I think there must be some simple tricks to help keep them running, get them charged and keeping them connected to the network

I feel the MyDevices are quite fragile in the end. At this point I see 1-2 sent out a week for either physical or sled issues, I see the sled stop charging itouches if they get dropped or the infamous sled rattle which is an actual issue to send it in on the compucom page. Troubleshooting is quite minimal I feel, since there's not much you can do with it. We aren't supposed to unscrew the tops to remove the Itouch, I have done that to see if the itouch can turn on with a itouch cable or to get serials, but if it aint charging it has to be sent out since I cant expect HR to use a itouch cable and to screw it back everyday. The few things I do is The quick reset pressing the home and power button or the two scanner button trick to reset the sled. If it doesnt scan put it on a charger and the scanner should reconnect. Meaning it needs time to charge the sled battery. If mywork is having issues reinstall it in SAM. Check the firmware of the sled in Targetsync to see if it is updated, but updates needed all appear in the iOS report. In the end if charging times are the issue I strongly suggest buying the charging cable and a powerbank or even just the cable to charge your device at a computer during your break, which is what a few Tl's have done to keep equipment charged for their teams. See if your store is willing to buy a few cables they are like $20-30 and get a powerbank for like $5-10, which you can get even from Bulleye's playground. One powerbank usually is about 1 full charge of a mydevice.

What issues have you had with the network?For troubleshooting is there any other situations you would need to know in specific. Can't think of much more off the top of my head.

In the end, the good news is compucom seems to send them back within a week so at least they do not disappear for months

Last edited:
alot of money would be saved on all this back and forth sending to CRC if they would just use removable batteries or allowed us to order extras on sap so AP can just swap out the craddle batteries.

as for the POG team needing that many devices/PDA's. is this really because they NEED it or because they have never been forced to actually use other methods to get a pog done? I have worked with our POG team before and usually when they put pegs and items back on the aisle they know pretty much where it goes and if it is a big aisle they keep the old label on the merchandise so when they push them back up they compare dpci's. 9 out of 10 times the same dpci group stays close by. If you look at a veteran pog TL or TM that has worked 15+ years they will tell u all the little cheats and tricks. Our pog tm is mostly these tms mixed with a few new ones so they only get 1 PDA for pulls and 2 mydevices when in the same block they only get more if they work opposite ends of the store.

alot of money would be saved on all this back and forth sending to CRC if they would just use removable batteries or allowed us to order extras on sap so AP can just swap out the craddle batteries.
Don't think they trust the stores to do it/ willing to send $40-$50 batteries as spares to all the stores rather than having them in a central location/ Compucom when need arises.

Hopefully if they get new devices soon they'll have removable ones though.

Thank you Joe858. With all of the experience on this site I know that we could come up with some simple yet tried and true shortcuts. Currently we are isolating charging banks to see if we can figure out which charging slots are bad. So far we have identified 5 individual charging slots that do not maintain a good contact to charge. I know it sounds early but we (I) want the equipment issue fixed before October 1. I refuse to go into another 4th quarter without a solid group of working equipment (including printers and PDAs)

Thank you Joe858. With all of the experience on this site I know that we could come up with some simple yet tried and true shortcuts. Currently we are isolating charging banks to see if we can figure out which charging slots are bad. So far we have identified 5 individual charging slots that do not maintain a good contact to charge. I know it sounds early but we (I) want the equipment issue fixed before October 1. I refuse to go into another 4th quarter without a solid group of working equipment (including printers and PDAs)

Hmm I was thinking of reorganizing our equipment lockup. Cleaning with alcohol the two contact points might be useful for the mydevice cradles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back