Archived Compucom MyDevices

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was trying to figure out how to use Compucom and CampusShip today. I think I understand, but was wondering if anyone might have some tips. I'm trying to send in two MyDevices (one is completely F'd up, the other stalls on startup -apple logo then dies, won't take a charge). What would you do? Do I call CSC first? Do I ship them individually? Do I need to know anything that isn't mentioned on Compucom's site?

Any info is helpful. We've been allotted, 20 MyDevices. We're down to about 11 with 5 completely missing and 4 not working. The previous TM that did this is long gone. Kinda going blindly.

I just sent a bunch of mydevices in that had languished for awhile. You can send them individually or separate. I sent a few in one box as one order and 1 in a separate box and order after. They replace/fix all in one order before shipping so the more in a box the longer it takes. I got one back before the bunch. Follow the instructions on workbench. Put the serial numbers and make sure the campuship tracking number is in the compucom order. Also make sure to send to paulsboro nj not mn. I got mine back within a week or two. I didn't get any of my original ones back, all refurbished ones.

Also didnt call csc at all until I wanted to track the order on compucom site. You can see the status there afterwards by going to resources tab and typing the po# of your store to bring up the order.

I always call CSC and they mail a shipping label to my STL and ETL-SF. That way they have all the information they need for the job in the system already. Box them up, tape on the label, and give it to receiving.

I usually get them back in a week or two.

Ahh all good info. I thought sending them individually might be better. The CSC thing still seems hit or miss. CSC told me I didn't need an incident number when I called this afternoon.

I always call CSC and they mail a shipping label to my STL and ETL-SF. That way they have all the information they need for the job in the system already. Box them up, tape on the label, and give it to receiving.

CSC no longer deals with shipping them off. They will be no help unless for troubleshooting.

They sent one that wouldnt connect to any network so here I am on the phone for an hour only to be told to ship it back. I swear we can't have all of ours at once before another goes down.

As said above, call CSC first to troubleshoot them. They tend to have people that know what they are talking about during the day so you might luck out and get them to work. If they tell you to ship them out just box them up, record the serial numbers on the DRC tool with CompuCom and include the tracking number from CampuShip. If you don't know how to ship them get with your receiver who can tell you the login info (would rather not post here). Also as Joe said, make sure it goes to the NJ address, you might need to add it to the address book though since it wasn't there at my store.

Does anyone get these to work on a consistent basis? I think our team spends at least 20 minutes every morning trying to see which device will work. I don't think any price change or instocks team member has ever had one last through an entire shift. Let met know what tips or tricks you have used to keep them charged, get them charged or just plain work. Our battery life is zilch. They are pushed down into the cradle, the cradle banks are plugged in and working. Junk just junk

Um I run through ours daily. We have more than a dozen working consistently. For charging if it's not blinking green on sled - it's not charging. If it is blinking and the itouch isnt charging then while it is on the dock press the two scanning buttons at same time until orange light comes on- at the top. This should reset the sled. To save battery you can put it in airplane mode to charge faster and I bought the cable to charge the sled with a portable power bank if we don't have any charged at all.

Ours usually last a full 8 hour shift if they're fully charged when we sign them out. The battery lasts a lot longer if you turn down the screen brightness.

Yep we do all of that. When tms go on break/lunch they put them in airplane mode and put them on the charger. They just seem to be always dead, or not scanning. We did have a few that were even configured for a different store. Also just curious how many of your plano team members take my devices or PDAs? This entitled team has one for each. 5 devices daily. Price change and istocks has to beg every single day to use one! They say they cannot do their job without. While it may make their job a little harder, they can still DO their job. Price change and Unstocks can't!

Pricing has one PDA, POG has 2, Market has one, Instocks uses one of the backroom PDAs/My Devices. If they need more than that, they take from the unassigned My Devices.

Check to see if the firmware is updated for the sleds in targetsync. Instocks comes in early so they always get enough and price change usually use pdas mainly.

I think it needs to be a store wide offort to keep all devices in working order. I am over all of our devices, but I also hold everyone accountable and will confront if need be. We have 18 myDevices. 17 are in 100% working order. 1 is out being replaced. We have 10 PDAs, 9 are in 100% working order. 1 is out being replaced. If your teams want working equipment then they need to be held accountable for their condition. If they are not working then someone responsible needs to have them sent off, or if you know how to you can do it yourself. I know the myDevices are crap but that's all we have to use.

I think a lot of people just don't have time to spend trying to fix equipment or trying to track someone down who can. When something breaks, it's because they were in the middle of using it or were about to start working on something that requires using it.

Even if a store does happen to have a TM who is awesome at troubleshooting equipment issues, it would suck up a lot of time that they should be spending in their workcenter.

If you are still a POG TM, then it is pretty awesome that your TL lets you spend POG hours working on equipment issues.

I think a lot of people just don't have time to spend trying to fix equipment or trying to track someone down who can. When something breaks, it's because they were in the middle of using it or were about to start working on something that requires using it.

Even if a store does happen to have a TM who is awesome at troubleshooting equipment issues, it would suck up a lot of time that they should be spending in their workcenter.

If you are still a POG TM, then it is pretty awesome that your TL lets you spend POG hours working on equipment issues.
He was a former Digital Advisor and understands working equipment is needed to do our jobs. Sometimes I can spend an hour troubleshooting but I do no more than that. My last POG TL was not understanding because she didn't understand any of it an we clashed a lot.

I'm also the only DA in my store so there's that, too.

Yep we do all of that. When tms go on break/lunch they put them in airplane mode and put them on the charger. They just seem to be always dead, or not scanning. We did have a few that were even configured for a different store. Also just curious how many of your plano team members take my devices or PDAs? This entitled team has one for each. 5 devices daily. Price change and istocks has to beg every single day to use one! They say they cannot do their job without. While it may make their job a little harder, they can still DO their job. Price change and Unstocks can't!
Just out of curiosity what work center are you? And to be fair, yes, pog does need them. If per chance 2 people are working on an aisle then yes, they can share. But let me ask you, have you ever taken down 40 pegs in a section and had to put them back up? And 7 of them say Smdogclrgry? And all 7 have different dpci codes? And you only have 4 hours to do THAT pog which actually has 200 pegs and the next 2 sections has 8 shelves of cat snacks and they all say friskies 8oz. This pog is 2 hours you are scheduled for 7 and you are thanking god that your TL had the foresight that spot was stupid and didn't calculate the hours right but you still know you are not going to get it done. A little exaggerated perhaps, but I am not exaggerating the realness of the reality. And unfortunately the workload does not always afford you to work with someone. The bigger problem lies with spot not allocating enough equipment. Between TL's LOD's GSTL's you start the day out with like 7. Then process tems... And you are down to -4. I often wonder why spot puts this on the BTS every year, and I can only assume it fails miserably, and yet they NEVER, do anything about it. But I stray from my original thought. And you are correct, pricing and instocks does also need them.
In reality every TM in the store should get one. I mean after all, they want us to do our jobs effectively. And as for as pog needing them, we are under super time constraints with most pogs, if we had to look at all the lets say.. 100++ dpci' son each aisle we set, we would lose our jobs from all the OT we would be spending.

So I was trying to figure out how to use Compucom and CampusShip today. I think I understand, but was wondering if anyone might have some tips. I'm trying to send in two MyDevices (one is completely F'd up, the other stalls on startup -apple logo then dies, won't take a charge). What would you do? Do I call CSC first? Do I ship them individually? Do I need to know anything that isn't mentioned on Compucom's site?

Any info is helpful. We've been allotted, 20 MyDevices. We're down to about 11 with 5 completely missing and 4 not working. The previous TM that did this is long gone. Kinda going blindly.
so first do the basic troubleshooting. call 701 or look at work bench to figure it out. a lot of times basic troubleshooting has never been done. if you pm with equipment i can walk you through.

cash office has a ups campus ship log in, and apparently they don't care which you use to send it.

use the black boxes. otherwise things get lost and you will get yelled at. you can order it on sap.

Yeah just smash em. We've got over 30 mydevices and only a few of them scan....the rest have to be shut off periodically and restarted....numerous times. It's so unproductive for TMs. Flow TMs have started taking PDAs when they clock in and that is a big no-no

That is no longer the process. You have to use the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back