Archived Computer glitch or asshat management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of my shifts have been removed from the system this week and so have a few other team members. Hr told me thats weird said theybwould look into it. Got the no one did it speech. Then they have the nerve to call me and other tms who had shifts taken off on those days but at different times for their truck convience. I am not stupid and know this game well. Before I call wolf has anyone else had shift drops with mytime being cranky these last few days?

Personally I have already gotten a second partime job and am currently filling out apps for another fuller time job. Definitely done with this company and its sad excuse for business management.

I haven't had any shifts dropped, but there was a schedule out there for May 6-12 when I looked a couple days ago (it's down now, so I'm not sure what the deal was there, but I'll be curious to see if it looks the same when it officially comes out this week).

Alright not a glitch got fed a line from hr about how a new hr tm was cutting hours and "forgot" to call us. . . So I said well I didnt agree to cut my shift so I would like to work it please and she said no its already cut and we need to cut the payroll. . .I am currwntly turning the color of my shirt. . .

Hears the deal...
Always go by the posted schedule at your store. That is your Go-To Documentation for scheduling.

In many states, once a schedule has been posted, employers must inform the employees of any reduction or modification of schedule. And the employee must sign off or verbally consent.

So if the posted schedule still has those original shifts, you can still show up. But if HR catches you...

Last edited:
Always take a snapshot or make a copy of the posted schedule. And follow it. Don't take any crap they give you.

Alright not a glitch got fed a line from hr about how a new hr tm was cutting hours and "forgot" to call us. . . So I said well I didnt agree to cut my shift so I would like to work it please and she said no its already cut and we need to cut the payroll. . .I am currwntly turning the color of my shirt. . .
Then they can cut payroll on another day. If I'm off, I'm off. I'm not waiting for them to call me to come in. If I'm scheduled to work that day, I come in. No this or that.

Dont know about my state but from what I googled seems like they can legally do this

Dont know about my state but from what I googled seems like they can legally do this

HQ is different than state laws so you should go by the schedule. If they end up saying "too bad, hours were already cut" call the hotline if you have tried all other options (ie, talk to your ETL). I would only go this route if it is a routine thing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back