COVID-19 Coronavirus...

The BBC had a show on Covid#19 as I was driving to work. They had an epidemiologist on who said that, so far, 30% of children are testing positive for the virus, but are asymptomatic, and never develop symptoms. With schools closed in my area, I can't wait for the bored Karens to bring in their hyperactive, spewing spawn in and have them touching everything in sight.
Yuuup, i had a lady bring 2 young kids into electronics yesterday sure you can pay for your dongle, but not those chips that your two kids are rubbing their faces all over no thanks. That's front ends problem

I will NEVER forget the look on one of my coworkers faces when I tried to return to work Thursday, got sent home (caveat : "We can't MAKE you go home sick, but..." repeated over and over lol) while I was stocking up on some canned foods. He zipped by with an OPU cart, (works GM usually,) stopped short, and asked me if I was about to clock in and just shopping first. (A bit of an "Oh Yes Relief has ARRIVED" sorta vibe) and I said " I tried to work but, I'm still sick so.." and he jetissoned from the aisle yelling "YAH,. Go home Go home!"

I don't even know what i have but i don't think i have ever felt shittier or more humiliated. And I've had a lot of shitty humiliation in my lifetime 😹
OMG. I didn't hit "like" on your post b/c that incident was beyond distressing.

TTOG: I normally don't like cops. You, however, were nice and polite and told me why you need hand sanitizer for your job. Sorry we didn't have any left when you came in even though we got it on today's truck. I told you to come back early tomorrow. But, if you can't make it early, don't worry. I talked to AP and we're going to set some aside for the local PD next time we get it in.

TTOG: I normally don't like cops. You, however, were nice and polite and told me why you need hand sanitizer for your job. Sorry we didn't have any left when you came in even though we got it on today's truck. I told you to come back early tomorrow. But, if you can't make it early, don't worry. I talked to AP and we're going to set some aside for the local PD next time we get it in.
I like this.

We had a huddle last night, for the first time since the signing training, and maybe the second time this year. It was to let us know about the policy changes (call in sick if you're sick, no absenteeism policy, HR may be talking to you about any changes to your schedule for childcare, you get sick pay if you get sick, etc.)

Only makes sense if you brought your towel.

90258130_3185700094988335_6709909458148917248_n.jpg

Side Note: the Seattle Metro area is well-known for traffic congestion. It is a major reason truck freight delivery times get messed up. Well over the past week, traffic congestion has..... disappeared. With tens of thousands of people off the roads (i.e. school, college and university closures, plus nearly all staff at big companies like Amazon and Microsoft telecommuting), traffic on highways is probably down at least 25% so traffic flow is now excellent.

Side Note: the Seattle Metro area is well-known for traffic congestion. It is a major reason truck freight delivery times get messed up. Well over the past week, traffic congestion has..... disappeared. With tens of thousands of people off the roads (i.e. school, college and university closures, plus nearly all staff at big companies like Amazon and Microsoft telecommuting), traffic on highways is probably down at least 25% so traffic flow is now excellent.
"Always look on the bright side of life"

Back