COVID-19 Coronavirus...

Shouldn't we stop doing huddles? We're still doing them for some reason, it doesn't seem like a smart thing to do right now.
we are already hosed by every germ, bacteria and virus that comes around and gets spread by Karen's crotch goblins. but yes jamming ourselves into a vertical plague pit not the best of ideas.

The government is now talking about giving payments to every adult. If it’s enough, I wouldn’t mind the stores temporarily closing.

They probably won’t though, people still need food and medicine.
I heard something about $1,000. That would cover 2 weeks for me. I'll stay home if they want (after I go hoard some snacks and food, since im used to picking things up daily cuz I work in a grocery store).

@dannyy315 We are living in exceptional times right now and if taking a LOA is best for your family please take it! Talk to your HR and call the benefits center. I had a TM who called to take a LOA and the benefit center denied him FMLA for this, I told him he should have stretched the truth to get himself covered (his wife has a heart condition and he should have used that instead of his young daughter who has no school for a few weeks). Do absolutely whatever you have to in order to take care of yourself and your family.

@dannyy315 We are living in exceptional times right now and if taking a LOA is best for your family please take it! Talk to your HR and call the benefits center. I had a TM who called to take a LOA and the benefit center denied him FMLA for this, I told him he should have stretched the truth to get himself covered (his wife has a heart condition and he should have used that instead of his young daughter who has no school for a few weeks). Do absolutely whatever you have to in order to take care of yourself and your family.
Thank you, I will try. My mom has sarcoidosis and she’s 60, so we’re all worried for her. Everyone in the family is avoiding going outside unless necessary. Last thing I want is to be responsible for bringing the virus in the house. If she were 40 and healthy, that would be another story.

if the stores are closing at 9pm, are schedules changing immediately? if im 7-11pm tomorrow do i spend 2 hours doing other things or ??

If I was the closing TL, I'd have you stay to get the store into shape. I've done abandoned lately but the zone is just a mess. Not that it has to be perfect but it's so bad that TMs doing freight are just flexing everything it seems.

if the stores are closing at 9pm, are schedules changing immediately? if im 7-11pm tomorrow do i spend 2 hours doing other things or ??
The article mentioned more time for cleaning, so you might be sent with a spray bottle and roll of paper towel to clean surfaces prior to the store opening the next day? Totally guessing here. The regular cleaning crew will still take care of restrooms, floors, and trash bins.

TMs doing freight are just flexing everything it seems.
I'm flexing out all the hand soap I get in, but not other stuff. Our Paper DBO is flexing out all the household paper he gets in. Same for Chems and disinfecting wipes, some other cleaning supplies. Don't think anyone else is flexing much.

If I was the closing TL, I'd have you stay to get the store into shape. I've done abandoned lately but the zone is just a mess. Not that it has to be perfect but it's so bad that TMs doing freight are just flexing everything it seems.
if you were the closing tl would you have tech help other depts or leave them to theirs? (im adamantly against leaving tech because the tls are dicks about it sometimes
I am SOOO qualified for this! 😠
you'll have to fight me for that position

I'm flexing out all the hand soap I get in, but not other stuff. Our Paper DBO is flexing out all the household paper he gets in. Same for Chems and disinfecting wipes, some other cleaning supplies. Don't think anyone else is flexing much.

Well I've been in HBA so that's my frame of reference. :)

Back