COVID-19 Coronavirus...

BB will be helpful to people who need certain things to work remotely. But no, not "essential" in the strict sense of the word.

Here’s the form to hand to the police on way to work.
FF42-A95-E-0-B4-C-46-A4-AFAB-8154-A17-F668-F.jpg

Anyone know how you qualify for and how quickly the 30 days paid leave starts
Not sure how quick it starts but you qualify if you’re 65 and older, pregnant, or have underlying health conditions that make you a higher risk. I’m hearing you would need a doctors note

Not naming my state, but our fitting room
closed yesterday (I was off and don’t have details). Are others’ still open?
Our fitting room closed a few days ago. They took all our tables and chairs/microwave/refrigerators out of the break room and Starbucks. They are wiping down cart handles but nothing else. Some people are wearing masks and gloves.

I never got one of those team member cards that has my number on it and the bar code. Will I need that?

It is good to have. It is required for entry at opening and discounts. You are supposed to show it with your ID.

It can be ordered through Workbench but it may take 2 weeks to get.

Our store does not offer team member identification cards. We receive TM discount cards but these clearly state, "This Card Not To Be Accepted As Proof of Identification".

I am wondering why my family members I live with are obviously not important. I am not high risk myself, but my son and my father whom I live with are both high risk and I can't take the chance of bringing this coronavirus home to either of them. I was basically forced to take 30 days LOA without pay which I can't afford to do but I feel their lives are ALOT more important than money. 30 days paid leave for underlying health conditions should also include your whole household. Just my opinion.

indeed it is not proof of identification anywhere except for target
Even at Target, it's not really identification, mainly because there's no picture on it and perhaps because it's not a tamper-proof document. I have no idea why Team Member ID cards aren't issued other than the expense, but in emergency situations like this (and other emergencies like tornado/hurricane/earthquake/9-11) it would be invaluable for TMs when questioned by law enforcement while going to-and-from their work shifts at an "essential" business.

Years ago some Target stores had photo ID name badges with a bar code on the back that you could use to scan into devices and a magnetic strip that you could slide through the time clock slot to punch instead of typing in your number. For those running late they were lifesavers sometimes 😁. Great for security, too. Don’t know if this was a test or what, but they were discontinued a few years ago. They sure would be handy now.

Our fitting room closed a few days ago. They took all our tables and chairs/microwave/refrigerators out of the break room and Starbucks. They are wiping down cart handles but nothing else. Some people are wearing masks and gloves.
Our fitting room is closed too. But they took away your break room? What are TMs supposed to do for lunch and breaks?

I finally talked to HR about my parents, who would be extremely susceptible if they got this. I was surprised she brought up LOA at all but I signed the papers today. I suggested I work tomorrow because I don't want to leave anyone hanging at my store on short notice but that is likely my last day for awhile. The problem is, it is only for a little over 2 weeks. Would I potentially be able to extend it if the situation is worse in 2 weeks?

Last edited:
I finally talked to HR about my parents, who would be extremely susceptible if they got this. I was surprised she brought up LOA at all but I signed the papers today. I suggested I work tomorrow because I don't want to leave anyone hanging at my store on short notice but that is likely my last day for awhile. The problem is, it is only for a little over 2 weeks. Would I potentially be able to extend it if the situation is worse in 2 weeks? Also can my supervisor refuse to sign to approve this? My only other option right now would be to quit. I can get a new job, but not new parents.
Yes, they can extend the LOA. Just give them enough time to contact L&D because they are swamped.

Back