COVID-19 Coronavirus...

LOAs went way up at my store, apparently, which I think is kind of eye-rolly. We have thousands of guests in the store a day. Have for 2 months now. More thousands than normal, except in Q4. And yet, one person gets a "presumptive" (not confirmed) positive and y'all suddenly get scared? C'mon, man..... So, we have hours up the wazoo, and nobody to take them, which is awesome. I was the only one in GM tonight. Style had nobody. They called for backup and our closing TL was like, uh, grocery? Can you guys help? Normally grocery never backs up the lanes at my store, but there wasn't really anyone else. GS was a fucking disaster.....
It's a big contrast with our store, where our hours have been cut and we definitely could have used more staff to handle returns at the service desk.

It's a big contrast with our store, where our hours have been cut and we definitely could have used more staff to handle returns at the service desk.

It's nuts. We're still exceeding stretch forecasts by 30%+. Tonight was the busiest Wednesday I've seen in months. I'm sure they're trying to hire but I don't know what the orientations will look like or how that all works. I think Spot keeps expecting us to slow down and...we're not.

In my state (Washington), our online UI application system has been far more successful than in other states. Our UI benefit payments are higher than many states, plus the $600/week emergency stimulus for UI claims. As a result, many jobless people are reluctant to take a lower-paying job right now when they earn more than their previous job on unemployment! It's nuts.

It's nuts. We're still exceeding stretch forecasts by 30%+. Tonight was the busiest Wednesday I've seen in months. I'm sure they're trying to hire but I don't know what the orientations will look like or how that all works. I think Spot keeps expecting us to slow down and...we're not.

At my store they have more orientations run the same way, just with fewer people in each group

I'm going in for COVID-19 testing in a couple of hours, with a bit of anxiety. Recently, our store notified us of a couple of COVID-19-affected TMs.
Depending on results, I have questions about the difference between eligibility for the 14-day LOA and the 30-day paid LOA.
In particular, copying from Target's team member coronavirus FAQs as of May 6th, if I'm placed on quarantine is the 14 days paid as it seems to say in the FAQs:
Extending benefits to help all of our team members navigate the impact of the coronavirus. This includes waiving our absenteeism policy, offering quarantine pay for 14 days and confirmed illness pay at 100% of their pay for 14 days, and making backup care available to all team members.

Last edited:
I'm going in for COVID-19 testing in a couple of hours, with a bit of anxiety. Recently, our store notified us of a couple of COVID-19-affected TMs.
Depending on results, I have questions about the difference between eligibility for the 14-day LOA and the 30-day paid LOA.
In particular, copying from Target's team member coronavirus FAQs as of May 6th, if I'm placed on quarantine is the 14 days paid as it seems to say in the FAQs:
That's the way it reads to me, but someone else said you only get the first 14 days of quarantine paid if you test positive. That sounds sketchy AF.

I believe that the 14 day quarantine pay is if you go into a mandated quarantine, not if you self quarantine.

Well, there was no social distancing going on at my store today. At one point the line for check out was half way down the main aisle of A and B, and clusters of fuckers congregating at the TV wall. At least everyone was wearing a mask. Though I expect to see a rise in cases in my area in 5 to 14 days.🙁

Our gov is relaxing earlier orders so now hair & nail salons have opened up & masks are 'optional'.
Majority of restaurants didn't want to settle for 25% occupancy so they said "Thanks but no thanks" & are continuing carry out.
Time will tell if cases spike.

Well, there was no social distancing going on at my store today. At one point the line for check out was half way down the main aisle of A and B, and clusters of fuckers congregating at the TV wall. At least everyone was wearing a mask. Though I expect to see a rise in cases in my area in 5 to 14 days.🙁

Same with mine today, but maybe half wearing masks. From what I can tell everyone has decided that the quarantine doesn't matter anymore, and it's birthday & Mother's Day parties for everyone.

What do you mean "starting to be"? Children have been getting sick from it this whole time, but rarely seriously.

But now we have over a hundred in the rest US (more in the rest the world) children sick with a toxic shock syndrome similar to Kawasaki disease that appears to related to Covid-19 and it is nasty.
At least six children have officially died from it.

Back