I seem to wear a permanent screw, yeah
I've been down on the rock so long
I seem to wear a permanent screw
But I'm, i'm gonna stare in the sun
Let the rays shine in my eyes
I'm a gonna take a just a one step more
Cause I feel like bombing a church, now
Now that you know that the preacher is lying

Arson is a horrible, horrible crime. I just hope that once the likely perpetrators/suspects are found, the local prosecuting attorney has the backbone to actually prosecute the perps. Too often these days, prosecutors wimp out because the perps claimed to be part of some privileged group. I can't totally blame them, judges are known to exclude a lot of evidence from trials b/c of fear of being accused of "racial", "sexual","homophobic", "islamophobic" or "disability-phobic" discrimination against defendants.

Do you have any source backing this up whatsoever?

Yeah arson is bad folks

Not always

I'm not the least bit religious but violence and destruction are not the way to get your point across, on either side.

My neighbor, a friend, is unconcerned about the pandemic. He has had girlfriends over his house, his daughter who doesn't live with him, and several strangers in the past couple of weeks who have purchased large items he sells on Ebay or other apps. No masks. Standing within two feet talking, helping them load stuff into their cars. I tell him (at a safe distance) that he's killing me and he's crazy, and he laughs.

Doesn't give me the right or the moral authority to burn his house down.

I'm not the least bit religious but violence and destruction are not the way to get your point across, on either side.

My neighbor, a friend, is unconcerned about the pandemic. He has had girlfriends over his house, his daughter who doesn't live with him, and several strangers in the past couple of weeks who have purchased large items he sells on Ebay or other apps. No masks. Standing within two feet talking, helping them load stuff into their cars. I tell him (at a safe distance) that he's killing me and he's crazy, and he laughs.

Well no because you want him to stay inside. So burning his house down would be counterproductive. What you're going to want to do is slash his tires.

Saying he's killing you is hyperbolic.

Well no because you want him to stay inside. So burning his house down would be counterproductive. What you're going to want to do is slash his tires.

Saying he's killing you is hyperbolic.
Um, not literally killing me, I mean like when people say "You're killing me, man!" Meaning your behavior is concerning me. I'm not getting anywhere near him, not after the cavalcade of randos he has parading in and out of his house. I'm obviously expressing concern that he would be so cavalier with his own health and the health of others.

It is a horrible crime. Debasing and obliterating consecrated ground just adds a whole new level of horror. Doesn't matter what religion consecrated the ground, doesn't have to be Christian, it is a foul violation against all that is good, an attempt at annihilation.
Was anyone hurt

Just talked to my neighbor and they are going to Vegas with the kids, you know, with a lot less restrictions. I hope both them and their kids stay well, but it seems like a very flippant attitude. This is not over by a long stretch.

Hi all, I'm an academic researcher looking at how COVID-19 impacts workplace interactions amongst employees. Target was one of the first workplace I thought about in terms of how things might have changed.

If interested, you can participate in a very short survey for 5 workdays, and earn up to $60. See details below:

Study details:
· Eligibility: Employed in the U.S., 18+ years old, working 30+ hours and 4+ days per week in a daytime job where you are frequently in the physical presence of other employees.
· Study starts June 1 and lasts for 5 workdays that week (1 survey per day)
· Can't have previously participated in this study
· Open to the first 85 workers who sign up

Hi all, I'm an academic researcher looking at how COVID-19 impacts workplace interactions amongst employees. Target was one of the first workplace I thought about in terms of how things might have changed.

If interested, you can participate in a very short survey for 5 workdays, and earn up to $60. See details below:

Study details:
· Eligibility: Employed in the U.S., 18+ years old, working 30+ hours and 4+ days per week in a daytime job where you are frequently in the physical presence of other employees.

Your eligibilty info is flawed. I meet all you qualifications. However, you seem to be assuming a 9 to 5 job. We work in retail. We can work fulltime around others without having those hours.

Also, read carefully...it says you can earn up to 60. Can earn doesn't mean you will earn that, or anything. Also, for one and all, be careful not to run afoul of Target policies with this.

A few details....the study is for day shift and not night shift...but don't have to be 9-5. Butts is my last name. :) You can look me up...my information is on the first page of the informed consent. "Earn up to 60" because you have to fully participate to get the $60 (and it's a check sent to your house). It's not a scam. However, I don't want to run afoul of soliciting on your forum if unwanted. Some of my relatives work for Target, so I was told to try and post here since you all are very impacted by COVID-19. Thanks and I appreciate all of your work on the front line!

to Hi all, I'm an academic researcher looking at how COVID-19 impacts workplace interactions amongst employees. Target was one of the first workplace I thought about in terms of how things might have changed.

Study details:

Somebody who meets those requirements is most likely to be a TL or ETL (or whatever they are calling them these days), not your average worker.
We have some of those people here but not that many.

Do you want the focus to be on management and middle management because that's what you've done by setting your parameters the way you have.
Most employees work 32 hours or less, 3 to 4 days, nobody is full time.
9 to 5 is just about unheard of as a standard shift.
Many people work 6-10 or shit like that.

Thanks for all of the feedback. My study is a daily survey, so it helps to have participants that work similar shifts...thus, the request for them to work some type of day shift rather than the night shift. For the 5 daily surveys, the link is sent out at around 4pm and must completed by midnight. If that fits your typical shift, that would be fine. However, if you don't get off until after midnight, that would preclude you from participating. Also, if you work 25 or so hours, that is fine. We just want folks that are working more than less. If you work 25, just say you work 30. That is close enough. Thanks!

Back