COVID-19 Coronavirus...

Call your store and speak to the SD or ETL-HR to see how they want you to proceed.

I don't agree with this precise direction. Asking leadership on what a person should do about their own health is absurd. When asked, many leaders are telling TMs to come in if they are not showing symptoms. This is not good advice. An adult does not need to ask permission to stay home because of possible Covid; they will call to tell leadership they are not coming in and why.

I don't agree with this precise direction. Asking leadership on what a person should do about their own health is absurd. When asked, many leaders are telling TMs to come in if they are not showing symptoms. This is not good advice. An adult does not need to ask permission to stay home because of possible Covid; they will call to tell leadership they are not coming in and why.
This. Call out and say “I’m sick, can’t come in”. Don’t ask questions.

Indoor gatherings of 50 people are a lot, wow. To put that in context, indoor gatherings of 50 people is part of New York’s phase 4 of reopening, and we have the virus very much under control.

When we had big spikes, all indoor gatherings were banned
50 is huge. Back in March or April my husband went to a scaled down wedding. The state banned gatherings of 10 or more people, and he said police drove by three times, clearly doing a headcount of the wedding's nine people.

50 is huge. Back in March or April my husband went to a scaled down wedding. The state banned gatherings of 10 or more people, and he said police drove by three times, clearly doing a headcount of the wedding's nine people.
Yeah for real. Way to take action governor :rolleyes:

Louisiana has gone to requiring masks now after resisting it.
I wonder how high a spike some of the southern states will have to get before following.

109005846_10221979383461058_1779997282439555151_n.jpg
I'm in Louisiana. People in the cities tend to follow it but just outside the city limits is a huge rebel attitude against "restricting our freedoms". We're not doing well guys, stay away.

All this talk has had me people watching while waiting for my daughter to get off work.

The only time I've seen people not have a mask on is between car and close to the sidewalk outside the store, and then they put it on. That's been 2 or 3 people in the last several weeks.

There have been the chin mask people, but very few and most of those are putting it up walking in, taking it down walking out. I'm in the store so rarely that I can't get a good impression, but the most I've seen are a few noses peeking out.

I looked up the county population. Roughly 165,000 people. Number of known cases is about 1550. Number of deaths is less than 90.

Math class was a long time ago, but that seems to be minuscule numbers when compared to the population count. And while my trips out of my house are getting the kid from the grocery store, shopping for groceries, shopping for the fuzzy walking stomachs, the occasional drive thru for dinner and one guilty pleasure trip to Best Buy for a cable, I see no reason why the shopping areas wouldn't be representative of other public areas locally and possibly other towns in the county.

Too bad there's really no way to advertise what I see with what the numbers are. Low population area, but less than 90 seems like it should be a big deal.

My SD consulted with our HR and she basically said if I don't have symptoms then I'm supposed to come into work. I don't feel totally comfortable with that because I haven't gotten my results back, but it doesn't seem like I have a choice in my own health which is troubling.

When we had a confirmed case at our store, SD told me they weren't going to give advice, I had to make my own decision. I believe absenteeism policy is still suspended.

It's your call whether to go in or not.

My SD consulted with our HR and she basically said if I don't have symptoms then I'm supposed to come into work. I don't feel totally comfortable with that because I haven't gotten my results back, but it doesn't seem like I have a choice in my own health which is troubling.

Unless you HR has specific direction, in writing, that the absentee policy has been reinstated and that you have to be at work unless you are symptomatic, they cannot hold it against you if you call in. You are not comfortable going to work before getting your results back and that is a perfectly acceptable way to feel. Don't let your leaders make your health decisions, they're not the ones paying those bills.

All this talk has had me people watching while waiting for my daughter to get off work.

The only time I've seen people not have a mask on is between car and close to the sidewalk outside the store, and then they put it on. That's been 2 or 3 people in the last several weeks.

There have been the chin mask people, but very few and most of those are putting it up walking in, taking it down walking out. I'm in the store so rarely that I can't get a good impression, but the most I've seen are a few noses peeking out.

I looked up the county population. Roughly 165,000 people. Number of known cases is about 1550. Number of deaths is less than 90.

Math class was a long time ago, but that seems to be minuscule numbers when compared to the population count. And while my trips out of my house are getting the kid from the grocery store, shopping for groceries, shopping for the fuzzy walking stomachs, the occasional drive thru for dinner and one guilty pleasure trip to Best Buy for a cable, I see no reason why the shopping areas wouldn't be representative of other public areas locally and possibly other towns in the county.

Too bad there's really no way to advertise what I see with what the numbers are. Low population area, but less than 90 seems like it should be a big deal.
What if it was a serial killer that so far this year "only" killed 90 people from your county. Pretty sure everyone would be freaking out. What if this killer mostly targeted people not wearing face masks

Seriously?

The number of cases rate is 0.9%. The number of deaths is 0.05% Mask use is near 100% from what I've seen.

Compare those rates to national and international numbers. Percent of cases, percent of deaths, percent of mask usage.

You really think I live in an area with such high numbers that it is not a good example of what happens when people do the right thing by sanitation? Sorry, I think it is. I think this area has shown something valuable.

Seriously?

The number of cases rate is 0.9%. The number of deaths is 0.05% Mask use is near 100% from what I've seen.

Compare those rates to national and international numbers. Percent of cases, percent of deaths, percent of mask usage.

You really think I live in an area with such high numbers that it is not a good example of what happens when people do the right thing by sanitation? Sorry, I think it is. I think this area has shown something valuable.
I thought you were trying to say masks aren't necessary because of the small number of cases. Yes keeping it so low should be commended. But safety measures need to stay in place until we have it under control everywhere

What if it was a serial killer that so far this year "only" killed 90 people from your county. Pretty sure everyone would be freaking out. What if this killer mostly targeted people not wearing face masks
I interpreted Tessa’s post more as “virtually everyone is wearing masks here and they’re working”, and not downplaying the number of people who died. Same thing in my county. We went through a hellish 2 months, but then we were required to wear masks and brought the number of active cases virtually to zero in my town. We were at 35,000 at one point.

I thought you were trying to say masks aren't necessary because of the small number of cases. Yes keeping it so low should be commended. But safety measures need to stay in place until we have it under control everywhere
Be a jerk, whatever. I don't want to have to put you on block, so please ignore me for a while.

I don’t see Tessa arguing against safety measures.

Mandatory lockdowns enforced with guns and insta-death until it goes away I'm not being sarcastic.
I "joked" about tanks rolling down the streets back in March. I was actually only half-joking, because I knew there would be assholes who would make imaginary issues out of protective measures. Because too many Americans are extraordinarily selfish and thoughtless, not to mention uninformed and/or ill-informed.

Last edited:
I "joked" about tanks rolling down the streets back in March. I was actually only half-joking, because I knew there would be assholes who would make imaginary issues out of protective measures. Because too many Americans are extraordinarily selfish and thoughtless, not to mention uninformed and/or ill-informed.

And I 100% support it.

I also support cutting off all Internet and electricity during this theoretical mandatory lockdown with guns and insta-death.

Back