Archived Could I get in trouble for using my Cartwheel for guests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can access your cartwheel on a my device, because it will log you in, if you open the app. It's separate from the spot app for scanning & such.
Basically, log out of all apps on a my device. Spot could be watching you.
Sorry, I missed the part about it being on a myDevice vs their phone.

I always did it for any guest if I noticed they had an item that I knew was on there.
Like when the Beat Solo2s were on a nice discount.

At my store, we're not allowed to use cartwheel for guests because apparently the more you use it, the more spaces that get unlocked in the cart. So it's "benefitting" the target team member that constantly lets guests use their cartwheel and we can't have that.
It's so silly. Everyone else's store seems to allow the use of it for guests but not mine.

Best practice for Cartwheel errors is to change the price as an ad substitute. That's what I had my cashiers do when cartwheel wasn't working. The wi-fi at my store is terrible at the front lanes.

My store generally lets us do it if the guest doesn't have a smart phone or iPod, or if their battery dies as they're in line. Either way, at my store, it's viewed as encouraging guest loyalty through helping save them money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back