Archived Could I get in trouble for using my Cartwheel for guests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scan my Cartwheel for guests who come up and tell me that something was say 30 percent off, quite often. (especially for elderly guests, and guests who don't have smart phones) I try to explain that it's with our app but some guests get upset and tell me "the sign didn't sat that" mmhm yeah right. But I hate having guests get upset with me and I like helping them out. We'll my total savings on Cartwheel is now at almost $400, only about $50 being from me. So could I get in trouble for scanning my phone for guests too much? I've seen my supervisor and some gsas scan their phones for guests but I don't know if I should keep doing it.

Ask your gstl or lod.

Ours allows it so long as we are educating the guest on what cartwheel is so they can do it themselves when they won't hold up a line.

Also, don't let the guests tell you that the sign didn't say it was an app they had to download, because all the signs for cartwheel 100% do say that....

My store allows it, but I don't carry my phone while I'm on a register. You're also limited to how many times you can use a deal in one day, IIRC.

It was actually highly encouraged when Cartwheel first came out. I kept my phone on me so I could show guests how to use it. However, I don't particularly feel comfortable using my personal phone for this. It was too embarrassing to be showing a guest and then a pop-up text would come up. I also just don't really like keeping my phone on me, because I have a big ass phone that doesn't fit in my pockets.

So what you COULD do...is just keep a MyDevice on you. All the MyDevices should have Cartwheel on them as well as some generic log-in information. Ask your GSTL or LOD about it. In my store, most of the MyDevices have a sticker on the back of them with the log in information for Cartwheel.

It was actually highly encouraged when Cartwheel first came out. I kept my phone on me so I could show guests how to use it. However, I don't particularly feel comfortable using my personal phone for this. It was too embarrassing to be showing a guest and then a pop-up text would come up. I also just don't really like keeping my phone on me, because I have a big ass phone that doesn't fit in my pockets.

So what you COULD do...is just keep a MyDevice on you. All the MyDevices should have Cartwheel on them as well as some generic log-in information. Ask your GSTL or LOD about it. In my store, most of the MyDevices have a sticker on the back of them with the log in information for Cartwheel.

I wish I could keep a MyDevice on me but there aren't that many at my store and cashiers never have them, the gsa rarely has one even. But that would make life so much easier.

I wish I could keep a MyDevice on me but there aren't that many at my store and cashiers never have them, the gsa rarely has one even. But that would make life so much easier.

Darn. Then in that case, feel free to use your own phone then, assuming it's okay with your GSTL. Pretty sure it's okay. Just keep in mind, it's all at your own risk. Like Target isn't liable for your phone if it breaks for example.

I think at this point its against best practice, but some stores are ok with it. Some stores encourage it. From what I remember best practice is to educate the guest on cartwheel. (Read: Hold their hand through the process of downloading and setting up the app) This method ensures higher guest loyalty due to you making sure the app is on their phone.

Some of our TMs do it. I refuse to use my cartwheel for a guest. The worst part is, that these guests will learn to expect it, and will ask other TMs to do it for them. "Well, so and so did it for me." Yeah, good for them...I'm not doing it. Either download it yourself or go away. Your choice.

Ask your gstl or lod.

Ours allows it so long as we are educating the guest on what cartwheel is so they can do it themselves when they won't hold up a line.

Also, don't let the guests tell you that the sign didn't say it was an app they had to download, because all the signs for cartwheel 100% do say that....
Most guests are pretty stupid and don't read the whole sign or they see what they want to read!

At Starbucks those who had smartphones would do it if the guest was nice & didn't have a smartphone (yeh, SOME folks don't) but they didn't offer if a rude guest asked because they always kept their phones out of sight.
Our prev TL used his when there was a hot promo on drinkware; helped him clean out a LOT of clearance.

My store didn't set up a generic login for the mydevices, but even if they did, I think we might hit the daily limit (6 transactions in a day) on the popular coupons often. I use my phone if I'm on register. My ETLs are fine with it, but I don't know that this is allowed company-wide.

I have like 34 slots so I try to keep the big ones in it just in case. That way I'm not holding up the line by waiting for them to sign up. If they have a tonnn of items, I'll let them sign up and what not as I scan and I'll do as much explanation as I can.
Disclaimer: I don't think using your phone should be required. I don't think anyone should feel obligated. I just don't particularly mind it.

If I'm on the floor and they have a smartphone, I help them get the app.

Assisting with cartwheel is highly recommended at my store. I have my own sales pitch when it comes to items that are on cartwheel. I always ask the guest if they know about the coupon that is being offered on a Cartwheel app. Currently I'm at 45 slots open for Cartwheel. I'm also a avid everyday checker for cartwheel deals. between me and a SrTl at my store store we are the top Cartwheel savers in our store and prob our whole district. Tho the SrTl has some catching up to do lol.

My leadership was fine with it and I always let them know when I did it.

Most of the time I only did it for people that were downloading it in line. I'd tell then how to use it for next time, and scan the deals with mine so that they wouldn't hold up the line.

I only did it for guests who were signing up and couldn't figure it out and I tell them to "play around with the app when you get home" so they can learn how to use it. If the guest was rude.... no way in hell id ever let them use my cartwheel!

Our store doesn't like it they like the guest using the app but however if the guest aka complains and you happen to have your phone on you may use it otherwise it's a no go.

I'll do it only if I've talked the guest through downloading it and they can't log in for some reason, but I don't necessarily feel comfortable doing it on a regular basis. Good question though, as it was something I was wondering myself (I just returned to my roots as a GSTL before Christmas).

I use mine for guests all the time. It's a great, quick way to educate guests on how to use the app and I make sure to let them know that not all TMs keep their phone on them so definitely have it downloaded for their next trip. I'll log in to the myDevice and let other tms use it for guests as well as long as I know I won't be shopping myself or hitting my limit of 6 scans a day. The only thing that bugs me is *someone* keeps clearing my offers from my barcode and it thoroughly annoys me. I have 41 slots and very rarely do I get close to filling them all up. I like to keep the regulars on there (milk, cheese, etc) so why someone keeps clearing my barcode is beyond me.

I use mine for guests all the time. It's a great, quick way to educate guests on how to use the app and I make sure to let them know that not all TMs keep their phone on them so definitely have it downloaded for their next trip. I'll log in to the myDevice and let other tms use it for guests as well as long as I know I won't be shopping myself or hitting my limit of 6 scans a day. The only thing that bugs me is *someone* keeps clearing my offers from my barcode and it thoroughly annoys me. I have 41 slots and very rarely do I get close to filling them all up. I like to keep the regulars on there (milk, cheese, etc) so why someone keeps clearing my barcode is beyond me.
Just log out of my cartwheel on the my device will stop any changes, when you leave for the day.

Sounds like someone has access to your cartwheel; change your password ASAP.
If it keeps happening, watch for any other suspicious activity.

Sounds like someone has access to your cartwheel; change your password ASAP.
If it keeps happening, watch for any other suspicious activity.
Anyone can access your cartwheel on a my device, because it will log you in, if you open the app. It's separate from the spot app for scanning & such.
Basically, log out of all apps on a my device. Spot could be watching you.

I remember someone on here saying they got fired for using their cartwheel for a guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back