Archived I was fired...here's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after working at Target for 5 years, I was fired on June 29th 2015. They said I was giving discounts to friends and coworkers that used to work there. Which isn't true. I let them use cartwheel. That was it. They called me in the office and there was an "investigator" there waiting on me. Her and my wonderful AP decided that what I did was extremely wrong. Again, I literally used cartwheel. On top of that, they made me pay back what my "friends" have saved on cartwheel for the past year. Yeah, it was ridiculous. I found out from some coworkers that they heard them talking about the June 26th Supreme Court hearing and that they were taking care of it. They fired 3 gay people within a weeks time. The AP at the time got a promotion and the HR-ETL got her own store. I think that I'm more mad that they got away with this. Personally, I'm doing great now that I got away from Target. I'm now an Assistant Store Manager at a smaller retail store. For everyone that hates Target, don't stay there. There are better things out there.

I doubt this is the whole truth as well. You had to pay back what your friends saved on cartwheel? Nope

I'm just going to throw this out there-- nobody cares. Esp since this was back in June.
We get it.. you've moved on. lol

Well aren't y'all nice. Lol. That is actually the whole story. Yes, I have moved on. The whole point of this post was to show people that there are other, better options.

What was their justification for your not being able to use cartwheel for discounts since as others have said they use it for customers all
the time.

They said I was only doing it for those select people even though I do it all the time for other guests. Probably shouldn't have checked them out at all.

This is just bizarre. Fired for letting friends use your cartwheel? Did you have your cartwheel, TM discount and RedCard all combined in 1 barcode?

Didn't garnish my paychecks. Had to pay when I left. Didn't use TM discount or anything

I agree with everyone else.

Do you have 'receipts' that this happened or are we to take your word for it.

It's probably just their way of performancing you out. They probably just need an excuse to let you go, and this was likely the only thing they could come up with. I've been told by my ETL-GE not to use my own phone for the guest's cartwheel under any circumstance.

I actually do have a receipt. They were trying to send it for collections at a law firm in New York but I just paid it that day. And I do believe you are right. I had a TL interview 1 week prior that went extremely well. I was planning on going to a new store.

So....no coachings, corrective action or final write-ups?
Were you ever warned NOT to use your cartwheel for anybody else?
You overheard ETLs talking about the Supreme Court decision regarding gay marriage & several gay team members were termed in short order?
If you're gay & you feel that you, et al were targeted (no pun intended) because of recent events, you will have to have some eyewitnesses to back you up.
At the very least, you all could have a lawyer look into wrongful termination & see what they find.

Nope. I asked them why they didn't tell me not to do it and they said it didn't matter. I didn't overhear the gay marriage talk, 2 coworkers did. I've never even had a coaching or write up.

Talk to the others that were termed; might be time to lawyer up.

I tried to talk to a lawyer. They said that Tennessee was a right - to - work state and there wasn't anything they could do. It was a big mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back