Archived I was fired...here's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had people fired for absolute BS at my store. One person was fired for asking a guest to get their unruly child to quiet down while that team member was on the phone with another guest. Another was fired on the spot for sitting on the Operator's desk. It's absurd but it does happen. The OP lives in a state where you can be fired just because your boss doesn't like you or likes someone better.

Last edited:
We've had people fired for absolute BS at my store. One person was fired for asking a guest to get their unruly child to quiet down while that team member was on the phone with another guest. Another was fired on the spot for sitting on the Operator's desk. It's absurd but it does happen. The OP lives in a state where you can be fired just because your boss doesn't like you or likes someone better.

I think that's all that happened here, assuming the OP isn't leaving out details about his worth ethic. My store just dropped the hammer recently and fired about 6-7 people. They weren't technically doing anything wrong, but they were just dead weight essentially. So they cleaned house before hiring the seasonal help. So a lot of these people got fired for stupid reasons.

I understand employment law. My point is, if they were LOOKING for a reason to fire him or "his boss just didn't like him," why wouldn't they just let him go to the other store? Why would they allow him to interview for the TL position?

I understand employment law. My point is, if they were LOOKING for a reason to fire him or "his boss just didn't like him," why wouldn't they just let him go to the other store? Why would they allow him to interview for the TL position?

I know where I'm at the stores HAVE TO have a certain number of interviews for each position from internals. They probably saw him as a way to meet that quota.

Im surprised you didn't get written up for loafing. Something doesn't add up, using your discount or cartwheel for someone else is a HR policy thing...which you could be fired for. Getting pulled by the investigater you're stealing.

The only way you would be forced to pay Target back is if they garnished your paycheck. If you paid them back on your own, that's your own fault.

Something doesn't add up here, I don't think we're getting the full truth.

Im surprised you didn't get written up for loafing. Something doesn't add up, using your discount or cartwheel for someone else is a HR policy thing...which you could be fired for. Getting pulled by the investigater you're stealing.
It's unlikely he is using his discount, it wouldn't apply if he's logged in. Unless he was doing it while going through the line with a friend - which yes you can get in trouble/termed for - i got in trouble for it once.

As for cartwheel, that would be a no-no... Although i know we're supposed to promote it, and I know cases in Electronics where we would help guests out with Cartwheel, and sometimes use the IOS Devices to get them a discount... Grey area i guess.

Didn't garnish my paychecks. Had to pay when I left. Didn't use TM discount or anything
I hope you didn't pay them cash, because I think it may have gone into their pockets... Who was the "investigator"? Someone who works for target or someone who was a friend with the AP person - It all sounds pretty bizarre.

If you returned the money, how does it get logged back into the store? I don't think I know what buttons I would push on the registers, or where to log it in the cash office - does anyone know? I don't ever recall a button called - found money..It would probably get mixed into one of the register money bags. I am not sure, just speculating. I now do cash office sometimes at another place I work. Targets system is pretty much a joke - but I thought that from the first day I did it when I was there.

As far as using Cartwheel for guests, I used it all the time - oh wait, let me correct myself, I used it when the person wasn't annoying me or when I felt like taking my phone out of my pocket..It does show that I have 1200.00 in savings, but I think the savings that are my personal savings are about 10.00.

Either the ETL's didn't know about the internal or they didn't want to tip off the OP about the investigation.

12109131_1081109815292227_236969859519276345_n.jpg

I remember a year or so a guy got fired and he claimed it was for unjust reasons and he was apparently going to take them to court and needless to say that never happened. I guess Target won or he gave up who knows...... He will still pop into Target occasionally mostly to grab a starbucks but he still does come in.

Would that also count if he was interviewing for a DIFFERENT store though???

Absolutely it would. I've seen it happen and talked to an ETL about it, who even admitted that the only reason they let the person stay as long as they did was because they knew that person wanted the TL position and would interview for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back