Archived Could I get rehired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. I don't know if this is the right subsection forum to post this in, but I need an answer. Back in 2013 I was hired for Hardlines for the holiday season. Once January happened I was laid off, not fired. Laid off. Since then I've tried applying but to no avail. It wasn't until this January when someone from HR told me try calling them to see if they "need more people" during the holiday season. Is this true? Would I really need to just give them a call or would I also need to apply again and hope for the best? Would they take me back even if I was laid off?

Has anyone been through a similar experience? If so, what happened?

Sounds like you were a seasonal hire. If you didn't screw up too badly during your time with Target, I don't see why there would be an issue with re-hiring you.

NEVER call asking if there's work. Show up three or four times a week in red and khaki and ask to speak to an ETL or even better the STL.

Show them that you mean business!

^ Please don't do this. Leadership finds that kind of stuff annoying. You can call HROC at 1-800-394-1885 to find out your rehire status. But, I will say, since you keep getting turned down, it sounds like you were marked non-rehirable.

^ You can call HROC at 1-800-394-1885 to find out your rehire status. But, I will say, since you keep getting turned down, it sounds like you were marked non-rehirable.

That's what it looks like to me as well. If the didn't rehire you last XMas season, really appears that they are not interested fir whatever reasons.

I would definitely go there in person at least once. Calling on a phone... it's easy to be dismissed. If you show up, make eye contact with a smile, a door may open for you that wouldn't have been opened by simply calling and asking for work. If they still turn you away, it may not be in the cards for you.

^ Please don't do this. Leadership finds that kind of stuff annoying. You can call HROC at 1-800-394-1885 to find out your rehire status. But, I will say, since you keep getting turned down, it sounds like you were marked non-rehirable.
Thanks for the tip, I will call. I'm really curious as to what the status is.

And to be fair, I didn't apply last time for the winter season since I was too busy with school. Though I did apply about a month after my being laid off and around the summer of last year. Those seem like wrong times to apply seeing as they're not really looking for more people. Though I could be wrong, maybe you're right.

By the way, I called the number but I have no idea how to find out the status or not. The options they give are rather confusing. I managed to log on to my paperlessemployee account and view my tax forms but nothing about the status. Help?

I did call. They said they were in the process of accepting applications but they weren't currently hiring. They also said they MIGHT (she emphasized this word) accept a "few" people in June or July, but that was it.

I did call. They said they were in the process of accepting applications but they weren't currently hiring. They also said they MIGHT (she emphasized this word) accept a "few" people in June or July, but that was it.
I would still drop by & hi.

If you call HROC, just choose the team member questions option. Don't choose employment verification or benefits options. I hope this helps. You can try your former store's HR, but they are sometimes evasive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back