Archived Could possibly be getting fired. Help?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been stocking and unloading for the last 4 weeks and I'm doing the best I can. My manager says I've been slow and will not last my 90 days if I keep going at the pace I'm going. Any tips on how to stock faster and more efficient so I don't lose my job?

Your TL is a dick.

If they are so concerned about speed, then you should focus more on that and less on accuracy.

I highly doubt they will let you go though. Stores always need extra help on Flow.

What would this place do w/o you telling the mods what to do?

Coffee's on!!!

HLM is the most active of this of this forum.
He helps people, does research and is here everyday.
Without him our job would be much more difficult.
Giving us a heads up on threads like this is very helpful and appreciated.

It takes some time to get fast on flow.
I can tell mostly now just by looking at the box where to stage it.
Some boxes have the name of there product written clearly. Look for those boxes.
How do you put the boxes in your basket to stage? I usually put 2 rows in my basket and work at the back of those two rows to stage boxes.

Sounds like your TL isn't being helpful. "Go Faster" isn't behavior correction. Ask him what his expectation is, how many cases per minute, and at what point during your stocking process are you slowing down.

You have a shitry team lead. Go to your logistics etl, say "my team lead told me I was too slow and that I wouldn't last, but he didn't offer any suggestions on how to improve. Can you show me the proper way to work at the correct pace so I can do my job more effectively?"

As others have said your TL isn't doing his/her job. A good leader would want you to be a success....so if you are not performing up to Spots standards...they should had offered suggestions to help you.

You have a shitry team lead. Go to your logistics etl, say "my team lead told me I was too slow and that I wouldn't last, but he didn't offer any suggestions on how to improve. Can you show me the proper way to work at the correct pace so I can do my job more effectively?"
This sounds like my former store. The Flow TL and Logistics ETL were basically told in so many words to heavily crack the whip and yell at the flow team to go faster. Guess what! The TL refused to be a complete tyrant and got fired right before I quit. A lot of stores care more about time out that accuracy. They expect the flow team to run around like they are on cocaine and stock til they drop. Target is hardcore on this.

If you mean unloading the truck, as in throwing it, go faster is really the only thing they can tell you. Chances are they need truck throwers and you're not up to par

If you mean unloading the truck, as in throwing it, go faster is really the only thing they can tell you. Chances are they need truck throwers and you're not up to par
If someone is too slow at throwing the truck, the TL should recognize that within a few minutes and try someone else in there. Or the TL should just do it himself (my former TL did that frequently if the unload was going too slowly).

Learn your pick labels esp the section. There is a pick label description on this site. ?- where? Excellent advice about brand names on boxes. Come in rested and hydrated esp as summer approaches. Good luck we all were beginners (and will be again)

Thanks @RetailWorld :
On the pick label, there can be a few "indicators" that dictate what to do with the product. On the label, it will be near the "Ad 08/21" in the example. If there is a "P", it means it needs to be pushed out. If there is an "S", it means stage. "B" means it's backstock...and part of the backrooms metrics is making sure that all product that has a "B" indicator gets backstocked. Otherwise your team is being inefficient and taking stuff out to the floor when they don't have to. If your store is a "Push All" store, this is how you tell the difference between what you need to take to the floor and what stays in the back without scanning everything on the line.

With the change to myPerformance though, it could be that this isn't a key metric anymore. I haven't dived into the backroom metrics with myPerformance.

Typically your NOP product will have some kind of info on the pick label that will give you a bit of insight on what's going on with it. If it's on AD, it could be there will be staged off area on the floor...or it could be that the planogram isn't in the system yet, so there will be a T indicator(Transition) with the date letting you know when it will be set. But if it's NOP or D-Code at this point, been in your store for awhile, and it looks like there will be no space or planogram for it in the foreseeable future...mySupport it, and request a CLR markdown on it.

318718_orig.png

There is so much good info in your response! I dont know what some of it means, but I wishI had known it months ago. I read your pic label info when I first started, but it didnt sink in. Thanks for the detailed response.

Thanks @RetailWorld :
On the pick label, there can be a few "indicators" that dictate what to do with the product. On the label, it will be near the "Ad 08/21" in the example. If there is a "P", it means it needs to be pushed out. If there is an "S", it means stage. "B" means it's backstock...and part of the backrooms metrics is making sure that all product that has a "B" indicator gets backstocked. Otherwise your team is being inefficient and taking stuff out to the floor when they don't have to. If your store is a "Push All" store, this is how you tell the difference between what you need to take to the floor and what stays in the back without scanning everything on the line.

With the change to myPerformance though, it could be that this isn't a key metric anymore. I haven't dived into the backroom metrics with myPerformance.

Typically your NOP product will have some kind of info on the pick label that will give you a bit of insight on what's going on with it. If it's on AD, it could be there will be staged off area on the floor...or it could be that the planogram isn't in the system yet, so there will be a T indicator(Transition) with the date letting you know when it will be set. But if it's NOP or D-Code at this point, been in your store for awhile, and it looks like there will be no space or planogram for it in the foreseeable future...mySupport it, and request a CLR markdown on it.

318718_orig.png
I think I need this tattooed on my arm for reference...wonder how much temp tattoos cost to print?

Don't get too excited about the asterisk. It is a nudge in the right direction, but it may have a 2nd location now, or it did a week ago or it might in the coming week.

This. It just means that the item had multiple locations when the label drop occurred at the DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back