Archived 'Count Report'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
..that our new AP TL has been giving us lately to complete. He does almost half of it before turning the rest over to us. Unlike our Drastic Count Report, this one's a little different, just called 'Count Report'. It's also like 5 pages long and takes -much- longer to do than the drastic report.

My question is: Is this actually something that the Instocks team is supposed to be doing? I've been doing Instocks for 5 years now and I've never heard of this thing. But before I start fires over this, I wanted to check with you guys. I just can't believe that this report suddenly shows up that is supposedly our job that only AP can print and give to us and expect it returned by the end of the weekend.

Weird. Never heard of it. Sounds like an AP only thing. I haven't read about any new reports to be worked...

Well it looks similar to the drastic count report, but you have to find items and write down their system OH and actual OH. If the two are different, you have to stand alone RSCH it to make the system and the actual the same.
One other major difference is that it does not show aisles like the drastic count report does and the items aren't always grouped together. Part of the reason that it takes so long is because it has stuff for Block A on the first, third, and fifth pages, for example.
It also shows count changes on the items, like if I 0'd out a 3 OH toothbrush it'd show -3. Seems to keep track of items that have had count changes in the previous 3-4ish weeks. I recognized a few of the items as RIGs that I did two or so weeks ago.

Personally I suspect our old AP TL did this and our new one just doesn't know how to RSCH and somehow thinks it's our job to do. Of the ones he does, he writes down in the comment box 'Needs update'.

I thought as much. Thanks for the confirmation! Time to start some fires.

It is suggested to check on workbench for best practice & for who has the responsibility for that report.

Thats Ap's report that flags adjustments on items they specifically have a filter on. Sort of an integrity issue for instocks to research it. Maybe your APTL needs some training with how to do research?

It's called the Count Update Report. It's high dollar merchandise that has been adjusted in research. It's just like the Drastic Count Change Report, except it's less about the eaches and more about theft trends and dollar amounts. The AP team should be working it, but it's not "sensitive" information, so it could be delegated to someone in instocks I guess.

It's called the Count Update Report. It's high dollar merchandise that has been adjusted in research. It's just like the Drastic Count Change Report, except it's less about the eaches and more about theft trends and dollar amounts. The AP team should be working it, but it's not "sensitive" information, so it could be delegated to someone in instocks I guess.

my a/p does ours at my store.

The AP team should be doing the PITL (perpetual inventory tracking log). It allows them to follow up behind the instocks team as well. We all know most shrink is internal. Its kinda pointless to have the same person/team checking both the drastic count and PITL

The AP team should be doing the PITL (perpetual inventory tracking log). It allows them to follow up behind the instocks team as well. We all know most shrink is internal. Its kinda pointless to have the same person/team checking both the drastic count and PITL

And why do you say that?
Just saying that I check the DCP for changes its helped me twice so far finding theft.

Or do you mean actually checking the DCP and really digging through the store and finding those items.

Last edited:
And why do you say that?
Just saying that I check the DCP for changes its helped me twice so far finding theft.

Or do you mean actually checking the DCP and really digging through the store and finding those items.

The PITL contains items that the company, district, and store determine to be high risk items. The entire point of the PITL is to have someone from AP ensure no suspicious activity is happening to those items.

Having the same person that controls the drastic count report control the PITL would be a conflict of interest.

The PITL contains items that the company, district, and store determine to be high risk items. The entire point of the PITL is to have someone from AP ensure no suspicious activity is happening to those items.

Having the same person that controls the drastic count report control the PITL would be a conflict of interest.

I got what your saying now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back