Archived Counterfit/Fake Coupons Are Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJH212

Electronics TM
Yep! Title says it all. Our store was hit with at least 35 fake coupons yesterday. They are easy to spot, so keep an eye out for them. Typically the print looks smudged, the paper is thick and the barcodes look blown out. When in doubt, hit that check lane light. Had to stop one cashier yesterday from accepting them. Just so happened that I was walking by at the time.

Reactions: PMR
They still try the fake $10 diapers / Tide / paper towels coupons all the time here. Usually its the same group of people that are just on the lookout for new/backup cashiers.

Keep an eye out for guests with full carts of these items, especially lots of $8 diapers.

Yep! Title says it all. Our store was hit with at least 35 fake coupons yesterday. They are easy to spot, so keep an eye out for them. Typically the print looks smudged, the paper is thick and the barcodes look blown out. When in doubt, hit that check lane light. Had to stop one cashier yesterday from accepting them. Just so happened that I was walking by at the time.
Tell your new/easily scammed cashiers if it’s over $10, call GSTL.

Where they for specific items?

God I got SO many of these yesterday and today. And the GSTL made me accept them because the guest pitches a fit :(

What does one do when it says coupon amount is too high call Supervisor to override? Do you actually override it? What causes you to do one or the other?

Feckin' coupons.com. I have so many problems with those.

This is such a huge problem at my store that today one of our GSTLs printed out our store’s coupon policy and put it at every register and each cashier has to get a one-on-one talking to and do an exercise about which coupons/how many can be accepted...

If you're a GSTL you should know what a fake coupon is. Period. If you don't, talk to your etl ge

Problem is my GE doesn't know either. He's pretty much washed his hands of us in favor of his SF responsibilities.

On top of that, we have a local chain that has a kiosk where you can print coupons.com coupons....in UNLIMITED quantities.

Last edited:
If corp really cared, they would TRAIN people. Otherwise, accept. If I'm in the middle of setting a 15 hour POG and called to backup, I don't have time to teach myself how to spot fake coupons. And there isn't any sense in calling me up just to turn my light on for the first guest and then sit there and wait .... And wait .... And wait for someone to acknowledge it and help. I'm not blaming the gstl or gsa, they are busy too.

So accept. Accept. Accept. Accept. That way, Target will realize there is a problem.

And if someone doesn't like what I do, then they can do MY work, and I'll become a more proficient cashier. But I can't do both.

Very simplistic view. I had one that no one knew, including the APBP who happened to be in our store at the time. Not so simple all the time.
That’s true, I guess I should have said in general GSTLs should have a good idea of what’s fake or not.

My SrGSTL told us that we couldn’t accept any online printed coupons (btw target website links to coupons.com to print them).
A GSA told me we couldn’t accept any coupons for free items (there was a manufacturer coupon for free chobani yogurt....then the next day there was a target coupon for free chobani yogurt...).

Ultimately it’s up to them to make the call if they want to accept the coupon, but be aware they might not actually know any more about coupon policies than you do...

My SrGSTL told us that we couldn’t accept any online printed coupons (btw target website links to coupons.com to print them).
A GSA told me we couldn’t accept any coupons for free items (there was a manufacturer coupon for free chobani yogurt....then the next day there was a target coupon for free chobani yogurt...).

Ultimately it’s up to them to make the call if they want to accept the coupon, but be aware they might not actually know any more about coupon policies than you do...
Lol. Theyre both half right. We can’t accept online coupons for free items. We can accept online and we can accept non printed free item coupons. Feel free to print out the coupon policy and show them

We accept IPs (Internet Printed). Now I had a guest who presented 2 of the same IP, the problem was that both coupons had the same serial number. I called over the GSTL for approval/denial, he accepted them.
It's coming from ETL and/or STL to accept pretty much anything to avoid negative feedback on the surveys.
Store's position to accept anything is the opposite of corporate's goal to make money.

Reactions: Dog
I would've accepted it unless it was more than $5. Our policy states 4 identicals per day. But over $5, you have to start checking.

I would've accepted it unless it was more than $5. Our policy states 4 identicals per day. But over $5, you have to start checking.

Was 4 coupons all under $5. However, they ALL had the same serial number, so either a print from a pdf or a photo copy. GSTL accepted them. GRH!

Was 4 coupons all under $5. However, they ALL had the same serial number, so either a print from a pdf or a photo copy. GSTL accepted them. GRH!
That’s annoying. However our policy does state they can be identical up to four UNLESS the coupon has a smaller max, which most do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back