Archived Coupon Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are TM's allowed to give guests coupons that other guests do not want? Is it against company policy?

I certainly do it, I've certainly never been told not to do it, and really cannot imagine why there would be a rule to not do so.

If it's a Manufacturer Coupon then Target certainly should have no objection since it doesn't lose the store any money and just results in happier guests.

If it's a Target coupon, Target does lose money, but I still can't imagine it being much of an issue.

don't do it if your GSTL or ETL has something up their ass but I would say yes. It is a good example of the VIBE

Really ? For coupons?

I mean if someone is consistently retaining them, I could see it -- but just once?

Really ? For coupons?

I mean if someone is consistently retaining them, I could see it -- but just once?

The one I know of, she would take the coupons guests refused to take, so throwaways, still a term.. I just leave them on the check stand, and give them to the next guest.. If not, crumpled in the trash.

Really ? For coupons?

The one I know of, she would take the coupons guests refused to take, so throwaways, still a term.. I just leave them on the check stand, and give them to the next guest.. If not, crumpled in the trash.

Idk, that's like a victimless crime...

Really ? For coupons?

Idk, that's like a victimless crime...

She said they refused to take them, but who knows really? Probably true, but not worth the trouble.

We had a cashier who was pocketing coupons. He wasn't giving them (or even offering them) to the guests. In between transactions he'd 'clean up' the pile of coupons, pocketing the good ones (Starbux, Target Cafe, etc). My FATL noticed him using coupons every. single. time. he came over to FA or SB so they mentioned it to the ETL.
He got AP's attention & was eventually termed because he was also switching out & pocketing giftcards.

@redeye58 we just had a TM termed at my store for that exact reason.

The little things (pocketing coupons) usually tends to lead to bigger thefts (gift cards), in my experience.

We have to rip up unused coupons and through them away. As per stl..can't just crumble them or toss them. Must be ripped first.
It makes me sad because I am a big couponer but wouldn't want to lose my job over it.

We had a cashier who was pocketing coupons. He wasn't giving them (or even offering them) to the guests. In between transactions he'd 'clean up' the pile of coupons, pocketing the good ones (Starbux, Target Cafe, etc). My FATL noticed him using coupons every. single. time. he came over to FA or SB so they mentioned it to the ETL.
He got AP's attention & was eventually termed because he was also switching out & pocketing giftcards.
Busted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back