Archived Covert operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of my fellow TMs have had the pleasure of playing along with a guest trying to hide purchases from child(ren) who are with the adults? I think I've successfully completed about 5 missions so far this holiday season. My question is: why bring the kids with you?

Every year...
I had guests tell their kids they are not getting the toy and motion me to go ahead and ring it and bag it at the bottom.

Or a guest sneaks up to the lanes without their kids and tell me to hold an item until they reach the lanes, and scan/bag it without their kids knowing.

I always covered the thing with the red bad and bagged it on my side of the counter while the parent(s) distracted the kid and I discreetly handed it back to the parent(s) :D
I think parents either have no other option or they just figured they can get it don't depending on how young the child is.

My covert operation may or may not involve Mc Lane candy and dayside.

My primary area is now guest service so I have the opposite problem. I'm having hide what they're returning from the kids.

My primary area is now guest service so I have the opposite problem. I'm having hide what they're returning from the kids.
Yep! I've had that!

Fun is trying to hide the flex orders from parents. They have to verify the item is right, but they can't see it because the kids will.

Last week I checked in a STS order...two of those 3 foot Elsa dolls. I had a feeling I should just leave them in the brown boxes they were shipped in, so I did. When the guest came to pick them up, she said she didn't want the kids to see them. So she was thrilled when I said they were still in their shipping boxes so I would just tape up the top.

Now, I am pretty sure the two young boys who were with her weren't going to be the recipients of those dolls...but I suspect had they seen them, they would have ruined the surprise for whoever they were for.

And yes, when she returned one of them the next day, we again had to hide it from the kids.

My covert operation may or may not involve Mc Lane candy and dayside.
Mine is throwing trash and pushing pulls in chemicals and paper! :D

I've helped parents hide toys from their kids. It's pretty fun to do I think. I haven't gotten to do that this year though.

My covert is avoiding my ETLs. I don't hate them or anything. i just find it somehow fun to be able to avoid them this Q4, haha :p

You want skill?

Try convertly to use the bathroom during the cafs while having diarrhea

I'm mixed with my leadership. Some actually know how to do their job others can't wipe their own ass without help

Yep! I've had that!

Fun is trying to hide the flex orders from parents. They have to verify the item is right, but they can't see it because the kids will.

Last week I checked in a STS order...two of those 3 foot Elsa dolls. I had a feeling I should just leave them in the brown boxes they were shipped in, so I did. When the guest came to pick them up, she said she didn't want the kids to see them. So she was thrilled when I said they were still in their shipping boxes so I would just tape up the top.

Now, I am pretty sure the two young boys who were with her weren't going to be the recipients of those dolls...but I suspect had they seen them, they would have ruined the surprise for whoever they were for.

And yes, when she returned one of them the next day, we again had to hide it from the kids.

I haven't had this but in October or so, I had a guest take a TMNT display from softlines and come up to guest service wondering what I could sell it to them for or if I could just give it to them because it was "just lying there and didn't look like it was being used." The kid wasn't happy and didn't want to give it back.

I slipped a few cards in the mailboxes of some of my fav TLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back