COVID-19 Covid Cases Rising

Cleaning is just for show. It really does very little to reduce the spread of Covid. Covid is primarily spread via particles/droplets transmitted in the air.
Every day I wonder why I am being paid $15/hr to clean. That coupled with the tedious, boring nature of the job means I feel both useless and tired of it all.

It's better than going through the enormous pressure of being on the floor or doing SFS or DU though, so there's that.

My sister who unknowingly went out to dinner with a friend sick with COVID somehow tested negative. And it’s been 10 days, I’m shocked.

She was tested 10 days after her friend turned up positive?
She got 2 tests, one right after she found out and a second yesterday, which would’ve been 9 days after she went out to dinner. Today is the 10th day and she has no symptoms still. Amazing considering they were in the same cab.

My theory is that my sister got Covid months ago and didn’t know it, and built up some immunity. Either that or she got extremely lucky.

There's a lot of weight to extremely lucky. Think of every other virus out there and how it's not a 100% guarantee it'd be passed on. She can't rely on a belief that she must have already had it and is immune because she may not be immune.

Covid seems to be making its way around our TLs, including the two TLs that generally close weeknights. One of them is back at work now but the other was last in last Wednesday. It's just speculation that it's Covid, but she's been out since then and she doesn't call in, and we got an "out of abundance of caution" text giving the date we know she was last in store, so...

I hope she recovers quickly and am guiltily grateful that she was working with SFS last Wednesday so I didn't really get a chance to see her (normally I would on Wednesdays).

She got 2 tests, one right after she found out and a second yesterday, which would’ve been 9 days after she went out to dinner. Today is the 10th day and she has no symptoms still. Amazing considering they were in the same cab.

My theory is that my sister got Covid months ago and didn’t know it, and built up some immunity. Either that or she got extremely lucky.
Similar thing with two friends of mine who are roommates - they went to a museum with one of their friends. It's a two hour drive, so four total of them being in the car together, plus the amount of time spent at the museum. They all had masks on properly for the entirety of the trip. A few days after their trip, the outside friend started showing symptoms and later tested positive. Neither of my two friends got it. I was really surprised by that.

Welp, looks like it's finally hitting the fulfillment people at my store :/
One positive case, one potential. I told all my fulfillment TMs who it was (found out because the TM who has it told me). We've all been around this individual and each other, and we've been around other TMs in the store. The text went out today, none of management has said anything to us about it though, so now I know they're not reporting it properly. I'm waiting for all the Christmas cases to pop up, and I expect New Years to be bad. If we end up having it, with how many TMs we interact with on a daily basis, a good chunk of the store team may have it.

This is what happens when you double your store capacity for no good reason. I don't know why they did that, but yeah. Thanks for exposing us even more.

I'd be surprised if it didn't hit fulfillment disproportionately to other areas, as fulfillment is the one area where TMs are stuck at stations close to one another.

As for doubling capacity, my store's mixing station (or whatever it's called) got overwhelmed and shut down, so SFS from my store and at least one other store was shut down for something like 5 days. My store is not a lightweight for SFS, so presumably other stores nearby had to have their capacity boosted to make up for it.

It could have been something like that your store, JiJi.

The text went out today, none of management has said anything to us about it though, so now I know they're not reporting it properly.

Technically they might be "reporting it properly" because the requirements for reporting fucking suck. Instead of saying "hey, TM who tested positive, we know you worked this area with these people in the days before your positive test, so we'll let them know" they follow the CDC guidelines which rely on the person who tests positive to give them the names of people they've spend more than 15 minutes in "close contact" with in however many hours. There's no objective measure that the stores are required to use to notify employees, which really fucking sucks.

I just got a text saying “Out of an abundance of caution, we're sharing that positive COVID19 cases were reported. The TMs were last in the store on 11/30, 12/21, 12/23 and 12/26.”

Like thanks for the quick heads up! 🤦‍♂️

We had about 6 last week - dunno why they don't just shut the store down and deep clean it at that point.

I just got a text saying “Out of an abundance of caution, we're sharing that positive COVID19 cases were reported. The TMs were last in the store on 11/30, 12/21, 12/23 and 12/26.”

Like thanks for the quick heads up! 🤦‍♂️
11/30 may have been on leave for other reasons, but since that's the last time they worked that's what's in the text.

Because it’s not being transmitted from surfaces. If Target really was serious about cleaning, they would do something about purifying the air through UV lights or HEPA filters or something.
Yeah everyone still goes on about cleaning and hand-washing like they are the most important things you have to do. I mean, they are fine, especially handwashing for those that can't keep their fingers out of their orifices, but masks and distancing are more important. How do people not get this?

Yeah everyone still goes on about cleaning and hand-washing like they are the most important things you have to do. I mean, they are fine, especially handwashing for those that can't keep their fingers out of their orifices, but masks and distancing are more important. How do people not get this?
Really though, there shouldn't be any problem with this. Colds and flus and other respiratory viruses did not croak and die when COVID-19 hit the scene, they are also trying to swarm and overcome human immune defenses. Yeah, handwashing may not be that great with preventing COVID-19, but do you really want to be so sick you're dragging from an ordinary cold because someone decided that handwashing didn't help against COVID-19 and didn't think about other things? Do you want a double whammy of flu induced pneumonia coupled with COVID-19 because the traditional flu advice about handwashing was ignored?

got a text yesterday and today that someone tested positive. and all of a sudden, several months later my TL reminds us to make sure we are socially distancing while working and if we need any cleaning supplies or hand sanitizer to let them know right away. sooo my theory, our store is starting to “worry” because they are reminding us all of a sudden of the do’s and don’ts

Really though, there shouldn't be any problem with this. Colds and flus and other respiratory viruses did not croak and die when COVID-19 hit the scene, they are also trying to swarm and overcome human immune defenses. Yeah, handwashing may not be that great with preventing COVID-19, but do you really want to be so sick you're dragging from an ordinary cold because someone decided that handwashing didn't help against COVID-19 and didn't think about other things? Do you want a double whammy of flu induced pneumonia coupled with COVID-19 because the traditional flu advice about handwashing was ignored?
Yeah, we don't want flu and COVID doing the horizontal tango and squirting out super-COVID or something. I'm hoping as the flu season ends things get a LITTLE better

Colds and flus are transmitted by respiratory droplets as well as close personal contact and contaminated surfaces. Of course we should be washing hands and cleaning surfaces, but masks and distancing also need to be emphasized and certainly need to be reinforced as important to TMs.

Last edited:
Back in the Spring when this first started, we received texts for every positive employee case at the store. Management got irritated at the wave of call outs these texts generated and stopped that practice over the summer. This fall they started up again but sporadically. Now we have had a lot of texts over the last two and a half weeks - 25 cases and there might be more. Some TMs are out because of exposure to other TMs and can't come back until they have a negative test. Staffing has been a crap shoot.

There are a few Walmart stores around our county that were closed for cleaning for a few days per the news media release. Hmmmmmm

Back