COVID-19 Covid Cases Rising

25+ cases at my store since the beginning of November. I don’t think the cleaning is working. Guests not kicked out that don’t wear masks. Stating 6 feet apart is realistically impossible. I wish there was a way to know they were disinfecting properly but who really knows.

The big surge is going to be from people spending time with friends and family over the holidays... in the house without masks.

At work we wear masks. Running errands around town we (by and large) wear masks. Most people I know have decent mask/social distancing practices in public and around strangers.

But around family? No. Did you visit family over Christmas? Did you keep your mask on the whole entire time? I doubt it.

My husband brought covid home to our household. He got it from someone who visited her family w/o masks. She felt fine, attended and presented at a meeting. You could take your mask off if you were presenting. 2 days later she was sick, and bam, all other presenters at that meeting got sick from her too.

So that’s how my husband brought it home. And because we don’t wear masks around the house, we were sitting ducks and got covid too.

I’m not so worried getting covid at Target. Because everyone masks. But around family, it doesn’t feel so natural to be masked up. And that’s where it spreads so easily.

25+ cases at my store since the beginning of November. I don’t think the cleaning is working. Guests not kicked out that don’t wear masks. Stating 6 feet apart is realistically impossible. I wish there was a way to know they were disinfecting properly but who really knows.
There is a difference between them getting it at work and them getting it outside of work. Most cases at my store are from them getting it from friends or family members.

It makes no difference to me where someone else has picked it up. People are going to be stupid, we can’t control that. The fact is there is always a chance when you’ve been around someone who tested positive, or you’re in the area they were in, that you can get it. Yes, you take all the precautions you can (wash hands, hand sanitizer, keep your mask on properly.) but there’s no guarantee. I’m just saying that there have been a lot of cases in my workplace and I don’t trust their cleaning procedures. I don’t trust that they’re telling people to stay home when they’ve been exposed but don’t have symptoms. In fact I know they’ve told people to go ahead and come in regardless as long as they aren’t showing symptoms yet. This is aggravating to me and leads me to believe this is a blatant disregard of the safety of others. This may only happen at my site. I worry for my babies who were born preterm and have pulmonary issues on a regular basis. If I get it there’s not a good chance they won’t. Does anyone believe they are disinfecting the areas of the store these team members worked in per the CDC guidelines? Is there anyone who feels things aren’t being handled correctly at their store? That’s all I’m wondering. How common is this?

I know my store is being cleaned - I see the cleaners when I'm running batches.

I am going to call the store later today after I get out of my day job, but figured I would see if anyone here has any info. What is the official policy about working if you have been in contact, but it isn't considered close contact? Or maybe there isn't an official policy and it is ASANTS issue. So I spent a good deal of time with my brother last week-at his house, in the car, ate dinner with him Monday-Friday. Yesterday he tested positive. Asymptomatic, had to get tested for his job. I haven't seen him since Friday, but I thought one of the questions they are supposed to ask when doing temp checks was about being in contact with someone in the past 14 days. DPH told my day job I was ok to work, but I was just wondering if Target is going to tell me to stay home from my next shift on Saturday.

They’ll probably tell you to go get tested.

Yeah, maybe but from what I can figure out from Target co-workers in the past month or so who have had household members with positive cases, they didn't get tested, they were just out for 2 weeks. I don't know...I just hate all the conflicting info.

You know they don't clean because every day the registers have the same trash and dust from the day before.

Yeah, maybe but from what I can figure out from Target co-workers in the past month or so who have had household members with positive cases, they didn't get tested, they were just out for 2 weeks. I don't know...I just hate all the conflicting info.
Yeah if you live in the same house with someone they make you stay home. Target isn’t playing around with this from the higher up levels. If your store leadership is playing nice they’re they’re also in the wrong.

Can anyone confirm that guests are not supposed to be eaten in our stores? In other words, all food they purchase should be taken home to consume.

Can anyone confirm that guests are not supposed to be eaten in our stores? In other words, all food they purchase should be taken home to consume.
Target did make that a badly enforced rule with an official sign to print out. But again no one follows it just like the masks.

If one of your household members tests positive then we tell them to stay home and get tested. It’s a grey area since you don’t live with him but you spent a lot of tome with him. If you start showing symptoms you also need to stay home.

31 cases now. At what point do they close down the store? Seems to be a hotspot. I bet I’ll get another text later today and the number will grow.

things just got real.....got talk to that our department has cases and they are asking if i would like to take a home kit to get tested. and they discussed the 30 day leave.
my lead wasn’t sure about the 30 day leave. does anyone know the mechanics. target has like new stuff going on with this covid leave and we are not sure what’s valid and true.

Target did make that a badly enforced rule with an official sign to print out. But again no one follows it just like the masks.
Yeah, at SB or Cafe they grab their grub & walk away noshing on it sans mask :rolleyes:

things just got real.....got talk to that our department has cases and they are asking if i would like to take a home kit to get tested. and they discussed the 30 day leave.
my lead wasn’t sure about the 30 day leave. does anyone know the mechanics. target has like new stuff going on with this covid leave and we are not sure what’s valid and true.
If there is anything new, it should've on Workbench with the other Covid info.

Back