COVID-19 Covid LOA

B

BRCHECKUPREMINDR

Some background: There’s been 2 confirmed cases of covid at my target and I know at least 3 people who have called out due to illness in the past week. I go off to university in august (i planned on taking an LOA until holiday break in august) but at this point i don’t think i feel safe enough to work until then.

I want to take an LOA ASAP, and I was wondering if there was a 14 or 30 day paid leave available for me since I feel like I should get tested and stay home at this point. I read somewhere that you did not have to actually have covid to receive those benefits. Additionally, would I still receive the $200 bonus?

Wondering if anyone can answer my questions/share similar experiences. Thanks

Do you have symptoms, is that why you want to be tested?
I don’t have symptoms but since I know I’ve been in close proximity to people who have it, I thought it would be a good idea. I also want to be sure before I get anyone else sick.

The big flaw in that thinking is that you could easily not have it yet but then get the germy germs a few days from now, and you and the doctors are lulled into false security by your pre-infection negative test.

The socially considerate fact is that there are far, far more sick people than tests, so your prophylactic test denies someone who is hacking up a lung with a low pulse ox from getting a test.

The big flaw in that thinking is that you could easily not have it yet but then get the germy germs a few days from now, and you and the doctors are lulled into false security by your pre-infection negative test.

The socially considerate fact is that there are far, far more sick people than tests, so your prophylactic test denies someone who is hacking up a lung with a low pulse ox from getting a test.
ok

Some background: There’s been 2 confirmed cases of covid at my target and I know at least 3 people who have called out due to illness in the past week. I go off to university in august (i planned on taking an LOA until holiday break in august) but at this point i don’t think i feel safe enough to work until then.

I want to take an LOA ASAP, and I was wondering if there was a 14 or 30 day paid leave available for me since I feel like I should get tested and stay home at this point. I read somewhere that you did not have to actually have covid to receive those benefits. Additionally, would I still receive the $200 bonus?

Wondering if anyone can answer my questions/share similar experiences. Thanks
You are told to stay home if you do get tested, until you get the results back (unpaid). You get 2 weeks paid if you test positive. You get 1 month paid if you are considered at risk by cdc guidelines. You can take 30 days unpaid if you wish.

I think it depends on the state you live in. In my state, starting about 3 weeks ago they opened testing up so you no longer need a doctor's referral but do need to fill out a quick survey to get an appointment. Living and/or with someone who is considered at high risk is enough to get the greenlight. In some states they have enough testing and really want to get pretty much anyone who possibly has had contact or even has mild symptoms or is traveling to an area (like Hawaii) that has testing requirements to avoid 14 days of quarantine. In other states you are waiting in long lines even with a referral and appointment and they are limiting the test.

testing was pretty widely available a few weeks ago but numbers are skyrocketing in my area so they’re a little harder to come by now

That's uncalled for. @Hardlinesmaster is completely correct. You will not get guaranteed accurate answers here, you will get personal experience only. Some stores apply the criteria for leave differently from other stores. Some people have a certain life situation that means even within a store their leave request will be treated differently from their coworkers.

Answers here are a guide from lay people. HR at your store who knows your living situation is the one that has all the correct answers for you.

That's uncalled for. @Hardlinesmaster is completely correct. You will not get guaranteed accurate answers here, you will get personal experience only. Some stores apply the criteria for leave differently from other stores. Some people have a certain life situation that means even within a store their leave request will be treated differently from their coworkers.

Answers here are a guide from lay people. HR at your store who knows your living situation is the one that has all the correct answers for you.
did anyone actually read my post. i also asked for personal experiences, of course i’m going to ask my hr as well

You asked for personal opinions.
One opinion you are going to get is that we can't answer a store question.
Don't get snippy.
Hardlinesmaster helps people everyday on this site and is considered a valuable member.
ok well can you do me a favor and just ban me from this site this place is garbage

Mod Edit: User was banned for this post

Last edited by a moderator:
ok well can you do me a favor and just ban me from this site this place is garbage

tenor.gif

No, the OP found that when he got mean people chewed him out right back, and he ran off pouting like a little kid.

I wasn't trying to be mean.
Just a polite reminder of how the board runs.
I've slapped down a number of people here a whole lot harder and they've stuck around to be great members of the board.

Back