Covid protocol

Hell, they traced 71 cases to a women who rode up an elevator and she wasn't on it when they were.
She was following all the rules, when she found out she was sick, went home, stayed there, didn't come out.
But the elevator she rode in made 71 people sick
The more we learn about this disease, the more we learn it's mostly contracted through inhalation, particularly in areas where there is poor ventilation (lack of air turn over) such as an elevator.

The more we learn about this disease

Forgive me for being bitchy, but I don't understand why we are still at the point of "learning". It's been on everyone's radar for almost a year, which is forever when you look at the life cycle of a virus. Microbiologists should easily have figured out all this shit months ago. They've figured out the genes and what the little proteins the genes make do. They clearly should have firm answers on just about everything - transmission, what determines mild symptoms vs ventilator, why some people are having ongoing lung problems and how to cure those and prevent future shit, exactly what kills it on surfaces or in the air, immune system response, long term immunity...basically everything. I could understand "we don't know for this virus" early on, but it's no longer early on. Science moves fast these days and they need to actually utilize the tools that exist. They need to start giving hard facts that are certain, because they've dicked around far too long with the mamby pamby "we don't know, maybe, works that way in similar viruses." If you know the genome and the purpose of the proteins it makes, you certainly should know without any doubt all likely transmission methods and how long immunity will last and what's going to sterilize everything in the personal bubble.

Forgive me for being bitchy, but I don't understand why we are still at the point of "learning". It's been on everyone's radar for almost a year, which is forever when you look at the life cycle of a virus. Microbiologists should easily have figured out all this shit months ago. They've figured out the genes and what the little proteins the genes make do. They clearly should have firm answers on just about everything - transmission, what determines mild symptoms vs ventilator, why some people are having ongoing lung problems and how to cure those and prevent future shit, exactly what kills it on surfaces or in the air, immune system response, long term immunity...basically everything. I could understand "we don't know for this virus" early on, but it's no longer early on. Science moves fast these days and they need to actually utilize the tools that exist. They need to start giving hard facts that are certain, because they've dicked around far too long with the mamby pamby "we don't know, maybe, works that way in similar viruses." If you know the genome and the purpose of the proteins it makes, you certainly should know without any doubt all likely transmission methods and how long immunity will last and what's going to sterilize everything in the personal bubble.

I'm totally with you, I feel like a lot of this was handled poorly and there is something to be said about the powers that be withholding information, HOWEVER. I do feel like scientists have been working on figuring out this virus, but the nature of the virus itself is preventing them saying--without a shadow of a doubt--what is and isn't dangerous. They've said that the virus is constantly mutating and manifesting differently in different people. That's part of why it is so dangerous. Covid has been around before, if it was just a normal covid virus then we'd kick this shit. But this strain is what is so weird and new.

That being said, it's just my two cents as a person who is not a scientist and is also annoyed that we've been so decimated as a country by something like this.

I'm not an expert but from my friends who are way smarter than I am there are a couple of problems with this virus that makes it tricky to keep up with.
It mutates fast, there are already three distinct variations on the damned thing, the one running around Europe is different than the one in the Middle East.
It has also found ways to burrow into parts of the body and hide out.
They are discovering that it is damaging not just the lungs but the heart and brain.
At DVR we are getting ready for long term Covid cases showing up as cases for rehab.
When you have a disease that makes it hard to think clearly months later even when you are supposed to be over it, this is a serious problem.

It doesn't help that certain people have turned this into a political issue when it should be a science issue.
That pisses me off beyond belief.

i'm laughing from NY right now as my store had over 20 cases....by law, they are required to tell you if you are in direct contact with the person as you are to quarantine, target "does not know"

my store called a team member 7 days into his two week quarantine after testing positive and told him we needed him back at work because it was too busy and he could not spread it with his mask on and he returned to work 5 days before being cleared by his doctor.

best of luck to the rest of the country

I had a fever and had to call out for an entire week while waiting for my test results and they got mad at me for calling out ? ... Thankfully I was already starting my LOA process so once I got really sick I was already on leave . But still they shouldn’t be getting mad at us for calling out while waiting for results -_-

Back