COVID ?

Bumping for another question.

I'm starting to feel better, but I've still got a lingering hack. I'm eligible to return tomorrow, however with the cough still sounding pretty bad I don't think I should go in. The question is: It'll be day 4 in a row of CIS, should I get a doctor's note through Cirrus to be safe?
Doctor's note really isn't worth much (maybe for pity if you have a history of attendance issues) as you're still held accountable for the shifts missed. If you use sick hours, the Doctor's note is essentially worthless.

Doctor's note really isn't worth much (maybe for pity if you have a history of attendance issues) as you're still held accountable for the shifts missed. If you use sick hours, the Doctor's note is essentially worthless.
Correct. PDDs (Performance Discussion Documentation) are still put in for EVERY attendance occurrence regardless of whether you are sick or not and your leader should still talk to you when you return and have a seek-to-understand conversation. What you say in that conversation does not affect the PDD. The PDD is a record that the leader spoke to you and is a basis to escalate to corrective action if it becomes too frequent (reliability concerns). A doctor's note will only help your case if you are in danger of corrective action but will not help with the PDDs.

PDDs do nothing on their own. They are what they say. Documentation.

Correct. PDDs (Performance Discussion Documentation) are still put in for EVERY attendance occurrence regardless of whether you are sick or not and your leader should still talk to you when you return and have a seek-to-understand conversation. What you say in that conversation does not affect the PDD. The PDD is a record that the leader spoke to you and is a basis to escalate to corrective action if it becomes too frequent (reliability concerns). A doctor's note will only help your case if you are in danger of corrective action but will not help with the PDDs.

PDDs do nothing on their own. They are what they say. Documentation.
Are you saying that your leaders have a conversation with every TM that calls out? Because if so, that is definitely an ASANTS situation. Not happening at my store.

Are you saying that your leaders have a conversation with every TM that calls out? Because if so, that is definitely an ASANTS situation. Not happening at my store.
Ours do. It might not be immediately on return, but you do get spoken to about the absence/late/etc. within a week or so.

They have a binder that has all current attendance infractions that require a conversation and entered into Workday. If they take too long, they get a PIP.

Yeah, I had my PDD last week. It went fine. As soon as I said COVID my TL said he'd erase the documentation, but still had to do the PDD (Which I understand) but then he told me "not to make calling out a habit, which disappointed me a little because in nearly 8 years, I've never called out 4 days in a row until I got COVID. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, I had my PDD last week. It went fine. As soon as I said COVID my TL said he'd erase the documentation, but still had to do the PDD (Which I understand) but then he told me "not to make calling out a habit, which disappointed me a little because in nearly 8 years, I've never called out 4 days in a row until I got COVID. 🤷‍♀️
Seriously? A habit? That would disappoint me, too. What an asshat... reading from the playbook instead of treating you like a human individual.

Back