Archived CRAZY capacities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember getting whole palettes of this baby doll because the capacity was 8000. These are some costly errors for target. Especially when prices are set too low because they fail to reset the clearance price when they re-use the DPCI. Beats for 50 dollars? 70 inch TV for 100 dollars? How can you have errors this badly....

I really don't think it takes that much time. As you push something to the floor, click exf, update capacity and floor count. Sure, it adds a couple of seconds per DPCI pushed. But, it hardly seems to be a big burden. I don't really know though. Not my normal job to push things anymore. It should be unecessary. Seems like a quick though.

Great. When's the last time you reset Maybelline and were told to do this? We're not talking about pushing an empty aisle. One, 1 foot section, might have over 100 dpci's.

And yes, Maybelline is an outlier. But the issue is .... Why is this a continuing problem?

Great. When's the last time you reset Maybelline and were told to do this? We're not talking about pushing an empty aisle. One, 1 foot section, might have over 100 dpci's.

And yes, Maybelline is an outlier. But the issue is .... Why is this a continuing problem?

Maybelline specifically? I don't know when was that beauty transition? 5 months ago? I got called into cover a beauty shift and push that stuff. Changed capcities as I pushed.

I agree it shouldn't be a problem, but I don't think it's that much work to fix.

I really don't think it takes that much time. As you push something to the floor, click exf, update capacity and floor count. Sure, it adds a couple of seconds per DPCI pushed. But, it hardly seems to be a big burden. I don't really know though. Not my normal job to push things anymore. It should be unecessary. Seems like a quick though.
This is what we do. Yes it sucks at times and takes longer, but it’s the right thing to do. I tell my team if everyone verified everything they touch, eventually it will all be fixed. And that’s exactly what happened. We had to bite the bullet to get it right but it’s so much better knowing you’re not pulling full for depth for nothing. I have to mysupport everything too and I wish all stores would. It’s literally a tracking system. Every time we have a revision/plano for liquor we have to change capacity. They’re all off by 1, 2, or 4. Very annoying. Oh and gotta love when we get a capacity of 2000 for cheese. As soon as we pulled the pog for that we knew it was bullshit.

Maybelline specifically? I don't know when was that beauty transition? 5 months ago? I got called into cover a beauty shift and push that stuff. Changed capcities as I pushed.

I agree it shouldn't be a problem, but I don't think it's that much work to fix.

It was a month ago. It is that much work to fix when you are asked to fix every single dpci in the aisle. The guy who did that aisle spent 2 hours at the end of the shift updating and didn't even get 1/4 of the way through, if that.

And yeah, like I said, that an outlier because it contains so many items, but all it is unneccessary. But when we are already behind because we have to pull our own pulls, backstock, backup cashier, get carts, jump in to help opu's, etc, one more thing isn't getting done.

When I come across ridiculous numbers like 1800, I wonder why even bother, because someone somewhere else sure doesn't care.

As you push something to the floor, click exf, update capacity and floor count. Sure, it adds a couple of seconds per DPCI pushed. But, it hardly seems to be a big burden.
I do the HBA repacks, with I don't know how many DPCIs in each one, let alone the total number of repacks I get in a day (usually in the double digits somewhere). Maybe if I limited capacity checks and corrections to one or two aisles per day, but even then - ug, I don't want to think about it.

Capacities in Cosmetics is such a struggle. Ugh. Every peg of face masks holds 120 and all the nail polish is wrong. I like when we get stuff in shippers and there's a spot for three of whatever and the capacity in 20, and there's like 30 of those spots.

Capacities in Cosmetics is such a struggle. Ugh. Every peg of face masks holds 120 and all the nail polish is wrong. I like when we get stuff in shippers and there's a spot for three of whatever and the capacity in 20, and there's like 30 of those spots.

With those cosmetics they make the total shelf capacity they apply that to every item on the shelf. Frustrating as fuck it was frustrating when we still did In-Stocks still frustrating now.

It was a month ago. It is that much work to fix when you are asked to fix every single dpci in the aisle. The guy who did that aisle spent 2 hours at the end of the shift updating and didn't even get 1/4 of the way through, if that.

And yeah, like I said, that an outlier because it contains so many items, but all it is unneccessary. But when we are already behind because we have to pull our own pulls, backstock, backup cashier, get carts, jump in to help opu's, etc, one more thing isn't getting done.

When I come across ridiculous numbers like 1800, I wonder why even bother, because someone somewhere else sure doesn't care.

Gah. I did the trial and travel aisle a few weeks ago during remodel. That was a trip. Zone the aisle nicely to guesstimate what would actually fit instead of the ridiculous quantity corporate had listed, then push and readjust from there. Took me all night to do that and the suncare. I never left A1.

Gah. I did the trial and travel aisle a few weeks ago during remodel. That was a trip. Zone the aisle nicely to guesstimate what would actually fit instead of the ridiculous quantity corporate had listed, then push and readjust from there. Took me all night to do that and the suncare. I never left A1.

Oh silly. Changing capacities and sfq's doesn't take any time. It exists independent of time and space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back