Archived Cross training to AP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if it is possible for a Salesfloor TM to cross train in AP? What kind of qualifications/experience do you need to have to work AP? Thanks in advance for the help.

And in some cases they wont let you stay at the same store either. But thats usually only if there is another store near by. I remember when I was working ap at target in the los angeles area where there are many targets close by, they preferred that anyone who was to either become a member of ap or leave ap for regular tm to get moved to another store within the district. but if you are in a more spread out or rural area then you will most likely get to stay at your current store.

just my $0.02

Also if you get an AP position at your store and you don't like its pretty mandatory you transfer.

--Basically what Evan said.

As for requirement's go on careers
And it tells you

There's no cross training. I know of a TPS who used to do SF/BR, and she is occasionally asked to help out during busy times to pull batches if everybody else is unavailable.

Yep, pretty much what everyone else has said. No cross training. But you might be able to transfer completely.

I started off as a seasonal SF hire. After the holidays, my hours got cut from 32/wk to 8/wk. I couldn't stand my ETL either, so when I heard of an opening, I asked to transfer. I had to interview for the position with 2 APS's, the ETL-AP, and a random ETL. I only had a high school diploma, but was attending college for an AS in Criminology. I got the position, transfered departments, and I was allowed to stay in my store. That was years ago. Since then, we've had a few people switch from SF/store side to AP and stay in the location, but only 2 have been able to switch from AP to store side and stay at the location. This is usually frowned upon because you'd know camera placements and confidential information. And even though I was a TPS, I was occasionally allowed to walk around the SF and assist guests.

To the best of my knowledge, a high school diploma/GED is the only requirement. College experience (graduate or currently attending) is preferred. You must be good with computers/technology (writing reports, operating camera system, etc). Apprehension certification will be instructed by your district/group team. You should know that much of the job consists of standing for hours with only your 15 mins/lunch breaks. Above all, you have to be someone your ETL team trusts and respects since you have moderately high responsibilities. If you have more questions, I'd suggest you talk to your direct ETL to let them know you're interested and ask if it's okay if you schedule a meeting with your ETL-AP (I didn't do this and my ETL got angry when he found out I was interviewing for the position).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back