Answered Cross-training?

I’m in fullfillment and I do fairly well but my problem is my hours. I started with 20+ and every week it decreased a little. I tried picking up a shift but my LOD was super busy and said he would sign later so I called the next day(today) to ask hr if he signed or to remind him and I sat there waiting until the phone eventually disconnected. He seemed a bit “shocked” when I asked but idrk. This newly released schedule is so bad I only have 10 hours. Now I thought everyone’s hours were getting cut but some other tm’s are hitting 25+ for that week. I’ve been thinking about cross training to pick up gsa shifts, but I don’t want to “hurt” my lead’s feelings. Our inf and pack cancel rates have been high and when he’s not here opu’s are a mess which he’s been yelled at for. I don’t want him to feel like that's why I want to be cross trained so I could get out of ff. Or for him to decrease my hours even more. I just want more hours but I don’t know how to go about it.

Have a face to face with your leader. Let them know what you want, and ask if you could pick up shifts in other areas so that you can get back to 20 hours. Make nice with your HR TM as well, as they often have to fill call-ins, and also pester leaders to sign off on swaps.

Back