Cursing in front of guests.

The only link between swearing and intelligence in this article is that people who have the ability to recall the most english words in a set time also have the ability to recall the most english swear words in a set time. It doesn't say anything about them actually using the swear words in their day to day life.

Cursing out on the floor is a big no-no at my store, and I can't remember the last time I heard a TM using inappropriate language on the floor. imho, it's not appropriate anywhere in a work environment. Some would say that we're all adults and we've heard that language before. But I say we're all adults and can choose to use inoffensive language that isn't ugly and crass while in the work place. It's not that hard to control what comes out of my mouth.

Cursing out on the floor is a big no-no at my store, and I can't remember the last time I heard a TM using inappropriate language on the floor. imho, it's not appropriate anywhere in a work environment. Some would say that we're all adults and we've heard that language before. But I say we're all adults and can choose to use inoffensive language that isn't ugly and crass while in the work place. It's not that hard to control what comes out of my mouth.
As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, slips happen occasionally, but never in front of guests. I try very hard to keep it clean though, given that there are numerous amounts of children going through SCO throughout the day and even one slip, especially on a quieter day can be bad news. Thankfully, it's not happened to me personally, but I've heard other TMs do it.

Last night, there were only two cashiers scheduled at one point and there was a long line, leading to some grumblings from guests waiting in line as to why there weren't more lanes open. However, the GSTL was talking to one of the cashiers with her light off, I wasn't even sure if it was work-related.
The closing team member overseeing the front said "I don't know what the f that was about" referencing the conversation between the GSTL and cashier since the GSTL was taking the cashier away from her duties to take guests. He said it in front of guests that were at self-checkout so some of them heard his language.
This is the same GSTL that has been at the store for 15+ years and I think she came from the pricing and presentation team. A lot of other team members have expressed frustration at her tendency to disappear from the front-end for long periods of time and avoid her responsibilities so I can understand his anger and frustration at her.

I can't help but empathize with him though in that most front-end team members are sick of this GSTL and a lot have already quit because they don't want to put up with her anymore. It's not an excuse but this wouldn't have happened if they had scheduled more cashiers on a Saturday night.

Back