Archived Cut hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a set schedule and work 3 nites a week. They hired more people and now my schedule changed and they gave one of my nites to a new employee. Are they trying to get rid of me? A whole night really cuts into my pay!

I had a set schedule and work 3 nites a week. They hired more people and now my schedule changed and they gave one of my nites to a new employee. Are they trying to get rid of me? A whole night really cuts into my pay!
They must schedule you 4hrs a week. You are a part time employee. Anything between 4 and 40 is a blessing.

You don’t own those nights. They are not “your nights”. They are targets nights, and they can schedule whoever they want.

That being said, just because you’re being scheduled a little less than normal I don’t think they’re trying to get rid of you. Talk to schedule writer with any concerns.

You don’t own those nights. They are not “your nights”. They are targets nights, and they can schedule whoever they want.

That being said, just because you’re being scheduled a little less than normal I don’t think they’re trying to get rid of you. Talk to schedule writer with any concerns.

Target owns my nights????

Those are his nights to work, stop being such a shill

It's September, which is one of the slowest months for payroll. But it's also the time to start onboarding people for Q4 and beyond (depending on whether or not your store will be hiring them on as seasonal). Hours will go back up closer to Halloween.

You don’t understand. My Hr head told me he was going to schedule me M-W-Th as a permanent schedule then changed it several weeks later. Why tell me that if it isn’t true!

You don’t understand. My Hr head told me he was going to schedule me M-W-Th as a permanent schedule then changed it several weeks later. Why tell me that if it isn’t true!

In regards to Spot and schedules: Trust no one. Especially an ETL talking about permanent schedules/hours. I doubt that they know themselves what the schedules/ hours will be like in several weeks, which is why they shouldn’t make commitments that they can’t keep. Unfortunately some people will tell you anything to get what they want at the moment, whether it’s to make you temporarily happy, keep you quiet, or keep you motivated and not thinking about quitting. It’s usually all about them, not about you.🙄 If you need 40 hours and a permanent schedule, Spot is probably not the place to get them. Good luck.🍀

Last edited:
It's September, which is one of the slowest months for payroll. But it's also the time to start onboarding people for Q4 and beyond (depending on whether or not your store will be hiring them on as seasonal). Hours will go back up closer to Halloween.
this explains why all of softlines at my store ( except for one ) got cut extremely.

If your hours have suddenly been cut to 4 per week, they are sending you a message. Trust what they are trying to tell you.In the next few months there will suddenly be people constantly getting 4 hours a week when they use to get 20-30. And then they will disappear. Much like Milton in Office Space, the glitch will be taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back