Archived Cutting hours while ordering delivery for the store 3 days in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.
So very recently our HR Leader left and after her departure I can't help but feel that whoever is scheduling things just doesn't know what their doing...I'm a cart attendant I've been with target for over 2 years and in those 2 years my hours had only ever been cut twice or once a year...but recently I've been getting bumped down from 34 hours to 25...normally I wouldn't care but this is the third time this is happening within a 2 month span..again it all wouldn't bother me normally but what got me scratching my head is just the amount of days on our callander where they are having food in the breakroom and not cheap stuff from the deli..like delivery from pretty pricey places...at the start of the month which was the second time my hours were cut for the week we had delivery from Jimmy John's, Qudoba,and papa John's which btw every 4 hours they get more delivered to the break room...I just look at that and it just irritates me and ik I'm not the only one...I've talked with different team members who also got their hours cut and a lot of people are upset about it...I just want to know if that is an ok thing to do..cut people hours while ordering delivery 3 days in a row the same week...it just doesn't make sense to me...sorry for the lack of punctuation never was my strong suit lol

The money they have for FFF Events has nothing to do with Payroll hours. It’s separate. At times hours get tight at the end of the month and unfortunately TMs hours get cut. That’s just the nature of the business. Also, many retail jobs/jobs in general don’t provide as much food as target does for the team. You should really take that into consideration and appreciate it.

I can't pay Bills with food...call me ungrateful if you want but I prefer actual money..no need to try to make me feel like I'm the ass hole for daring to talk out against the great and wonderful target overlords...its a corporation for God sakes they have the money

I can't pay Bills with food...call me ungrateful if you want but I prefer actual money..no need to try to make me feel like I'm the ass hole for daring to talk out against the great and wonderful target overlords...its a corporation for God sakes they have the money
Not trying to make you feel that way, just telling you that what you said wasn’t true. Payroll and FFF budget aren’t the same.

The money they have for FFF Events has nothing to do with Payroll hours. It’s separate. At times hours get tight at the end of the month and unfortunately TMs hours get cut. That’s just the nature of the business. Also, many retail jobs/jobs in general don’t provide as much food as target does for the team. You should really take that into consideration and appreciate it.

Can you give us a breakdown on how much stores get for FFF monthly, or is it quarterly? I believe the amount is based on store volume. So if that's correct, can you give us s breakdown by volume?

My store didn't offer up any bribes for BTS 😢.

And our FFF seems to be quite a bit less expensive compared to last year. We used to have chips and soda, now just chips. We've had popsicles one day, cookies (Chip's Ahoy) on another, and let's not forget PB&J.

Just wondering if this expensive has been cut company wide or if the funds have hit a logjam somewhere.

Can you give us a breakdown on how much stores get for FFF monthly, or is it quarterly? I believe the amount is based on store volume. So if that's correct, can you give us s breakdown by volume?

My store didn't offer up any bribes for BTS 😢.

And our FFF seems to be quite a bit less expensive compared to last year. We used to have chips and soda, now just chips. We've had popsicles one day, cookies (Chip's Ahoy) on another, and let's not forget PB&J.

Just wondering if this expensive has been cut company wide or if the funds have hit a logjam somewhere.
I actually am not sure how the breakdown works. All I really do is help my ETL-HR create the events and requisition the items when the day comes. Hopefully another HR person will be able to answer this question!

Stores each get a budget based on their size. Each month has an amount tied to it, but some stores roll month over into or borrow from the next month. Super Freaky stores will have higher budgets during BTC because they’ll have a lot more TMs in doing a lot more work than a normal BTS store.

There is a large university not too far away but we’re a normal BTS. The store down the road is the Super Freaky and their BTC for two weeks will be more insane than the week before Christmas.

New ETLs or ones that are supporting between ETLs are most likely to blow the budget.. they don’t realize how expensive it can be to feed the Team during Q4. HRTMs should all feel empowered to ask their Leader about the NPCE report and how to read it and when it updates 😊

No bennies this year during survey days. Last year there were BUCKETS of candy beside every computer.

Last year we got a snack size bag of chips. This year it was leftover Easter candy. My store apparently does pretty well on the BTS without needing to resort to bribery. :-/

As for scheduling, my ETL (who is amazing) was given responsibility for scheduling for another area (areas? inbound, at least, maybe more) than she had previously, and admitted to screwing it up the first couple weeks she did it. It was a learning process, and much more complicated than she was used to (scheduling for a new area(s) + modernization scheduling). It could be that whoever is scheduling you now is also in that position and is trying to figure it out. Don't take it personally. Yet. ;-)

I've decided that the more food your HR throws at you the more likely they know shit is going down in BTS. Considering my store got zero food for BTS....and I know several TMS hate modernization, I'm gonna say RIP the HR for not bribing the team.

I've decided that the more food your HR throws at you the more likely they know shit is going down in BTS. Considering my store got zero food for BTS....and I know several TMS hate modernization, I'm gonna say RIP the HR for not bribing the team.
Yeah I was sad they didn’t try to bribe me with candy this year :(

The only time my store seems to think about the evening shift when it comes to food and FFF events is Black Friday weekend. I worked Thursday evening last week and there were remnants of a couple home-made banana bread, cinnamon crumb cake, and cookie trays. And part of a seven-layer dip that had clearly been sitting out waaaaaay too danged long.

We've never had candy for BTS. When we were overnights we'd have cookies, juice, bagels, snack items in the breakroom once a month for flow. Since going to 6am we've had nothing in the breakroom except for on black Friday.

That's I got out years ago. Declining hours, stabbed in the back, no recognition, you have to kiss up...So I left.

Now when I check LinkedIn on the people I lough. They are still in the same position or got pushed out of Target for lesser jobs.

Hours are being cut due to business needs.
That's what our new ETL-HR said during my review, but when I see how much work around the store is simply not being completed, I just sigh..... it's frustrating with the constant "we're hiring" signs and recruiting new TMs off the street. Doesn't seem consistent. I know our stores aren't a family, we're a "team" and members of a team come and go, but the unending hiring of new people while hours are being cut is annoying. Is that what modernization is about? Sorry if this seems a bit harsh...

Yeah in our store guests have asked if we are going out of business because the open market area is pretty empty. Went in the other day, no lettuce, hardly any milk, bakery empty. The problem is they have ONE person in pfresh to do everything and that includes unloading the food truck. There are so many pallets of food from previous days because they won't schedule enough people. One week we had two food pallets in produce cooler, three in meat cooler, two in dairy cooler and two in freezer! I mean REALLY! Guests ask for items that aren't on shelf and I know it's probably in one of the unopened food pallets. BUT we get no help. One person or if really lucky maybe two. It's really bad.

That's what our new ETL-HR said during my review, but when I see how much work around the store is simply not being completed, I just sigh..... it's frustrating with the constant "we're hiring" signs and recruiting new TMs off the street. Doesn't seem consistent. I know our stores aren't a family, we're a "team" and members of a team come and go, but the unending hiring of new people while hours are being cut is annoying. Is that what modernization is about? Sorry if this seems a bit harsh...

I don't understand why Target continues to hire while cutting current TMs hours. Does this make sense? Can anyone explain the thought rationale? I'm waiting??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back