Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's evidently a Pharmacy Technician job open at my store... Would I be able to quit Target and immediately start working for CVS, if I applied and got the job? What have hours been like at CVS inside Target stores? Would I be expected to pick up shifts at other CVS locations as needed?

what's your exact source for this? CVS posts jobs on job hunting sites continuously, so applicants often think we are hiring when we are not. if you heard directly from your pharmacy, it may be best to ask them what the situation is.

in my area we have all lost a tremendous amount of hours recently. my pharmacy lost about 40% of it's hours (not a joke or exaggeration) and the nearby pharmacies have lost a lot too, to the point where the pharmacy managers are talking to each other about how they are going to keep their technicians employed.

like i said, i would ask at your own pharmacy and find out how they are doing. with the numerous contracts lost your store may or may not have been affected.

what's your exact source for this? CVS posts jobs on job hunting sites continuously, so applicants often think we are hiring when we are not. if you heard directly from your pharmacy, it may be best to ask them what the situation is.

in my area we have all lost a tremendous amount of hours recently. my pharmacy lost about 40% of it's hours (not a joke or exaggeration) and the nearby pharmacies have lost a lot too, to the point where the pharmacy managers are talking to each other about how they are going to keep their technicians employed.

like i said, i would ask at your own pharmacy and find out how they are doing. with the numerous contracts lost your store may or may not have been affected.
Thanks, I'll (very briefly) chat up one of the pharmacists or a pharmacy tech next time they come by to buy lunch!

^^ is dead on. We gets calls every week because there are jobs posted, even though we don't even have enough hours for the techs we currently employ.

AFA being able to quit Target/start working at CVS, theres nothing that says you can't. However, the onboarding process for CVS takes a LONG time. A store near me has lost potential hires because it took so long.

^^ is dead on. We gets calls every week because there are jobs posted, even though we don't even have enough hours for the techs we currently employ.

AFA being able to quit Target/start working at CVS, theres nothing that says you can't. However, the onboarding process for CVS takes a LONG time. A store near me has lost potential hires because it took so long.
Oh well. I have a hard enough time with change, I was hoping that I could stay in my store while making a big job switch. It was a long shot to begin with.

Thank you, I appreciate the replies!

No, the ability to convert extra bucks to target coupons.

They can't even get my normal texting fixed, I'm sure this OTT thing will go over like a lead balloon!

really. Cool. I never go to CVS and guessing most Target CVS RX customer don't.
There are also some states, believe it or not, where there are no stand alone CVS stores, so the only way those people could use them was online (and CVS charges crazy high shipping.)

There are also some states, believe it or not, where there are no stand alone CVS stores, so the only way those people could use them was online (and CVS charges crazy high shipping.)
makes sense given CVS started on east coast RI and slowly still moving westward. I have a CVS between home and work, in fact could walk there, but never stop in

Curious if anyone else at a 9-7 store is having their hours changed to 9-8 at the end of this month. Had this sprung on me and was told the weekend wasn't changing only to then be told that - yes - in fact Saturday is also being extended. On my weekend of course. Thanks. It seemed like my manager knew about this being in the works for a while but naturally I am the last to know anything at all. I wondered if the lack of information to anyone not the manager is par for the course or we just have a major communication issue at my location - or both....
Thanks in advance.
I could vent about other nonsense but I would like to have a positive day.

My store hasn't, but so far it's being threatened. I think our only saving grace is that 90% of the time we just die in customer processing after 6 pm.

It was my understanding that all stores would eventually become 9-9 mon-fri regardless of volume. This recently came up with a member of my district.

From what I have heard the slower stores ( less than 500 a week - really slow) are staying 9-7. It seems like changing to the 9-9 schedule would have made more sense to streamline all the stores (same hours across the board?) My store rarely "dies" and getting out on time is basically impossible. But no additional tech hours have been allocated - at least to my knowledge - so the plan is for us to work the last hour alone. This would be fine if we didn't always have people coming at the last minute and a ton of mess to pick up from the day. Somehow I have a feeling we still won't look caught up regardless.
Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back