Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
People don't "get" that this doesn't go into effect until Dec 1. I applaud the insurance companies for actuaally notifying their customers of the change (for once,) but they could've made it a little clearer that it's not NOW. OR, put something into effect now as a transitional benefit to cover the people who are actually being proactive. We transferred 6 rxs to Walgreens on Thursday for someone, only to transfer them back an hour later because Walgreens couldn't fill them yet :rolleyes: (Even though our PM tried to tell both the PT AND the Walgreens pharmacist it wasn't in effect yet, they both insisted it was....)

On the downside, we had a patient in tears the other day because she can no longer fill with us. She absolutely HATES Walgreens and is upset that she has to leave :(

i keep reminding people who hate walgreens that they can switch to costco, walmart, kroger, or any of the chain grocers. it sucks, and they legitimately hate having to lose us, so i want it to be as smooth for them as possible.

i keep reminding people who hate walgreens that they can switch to costco, walmart, kroger, or any of the chain grocers. it sucks, and they legitimately hate having to lose us, so i want it to be as smooth for them as possible.
I did tell her that, but she's not a fan of Walmart either and there's not really any other network pharmacy near us....even the Walmart is close to 30 minutes away. She's an older lady and we're literally 5 minutes away.

We are losing additional plans in the upcoming months. As others have stated, some BC/BS plans will be going soon, suspiciously all the plans are Express Scripts (ESI). It is my strong suspicion Walgreens is working to acquire ESI in the coming months, after which point i can only imagine they will claim exclusivity in the same way Caremark requires patients to use CVS pharmacies.

EDIT:
for those in pharmacy who may not realize the impact, this is all 003858 BIN numbers as well as the 610014 BIN numbers. This could be devastating.

Ouch.
Our new plan doesn't use ESI but they didn't have a contract with CVS either so we had to transfer.

We are losing additional plans in the upcoming months. As others have stated, some BC/BS plans will be going soon, suspiciously all the plans are Express Scripts (ESI). It is my strong suspicion Walgreens is working to acquire ESI in the coming months, after which point i can only imagine they will claim exclusivity in the same way Caremark requires patients to use CVS pharmacies.

EDIT:
for those in pharmacy who may not realize the impact, this is all 003858 BIN numbers as well as the 610014 BIN numbers. This could be devastating.

So it looks like Caremark and ESI are scaling up their turf wars. I can only imagine what Aetna is going to do now.

Some of the Aetna plans in my area use a different prescription insurance plan and therefore different PBM altogether… I can't recall who off the top of my head.
I wouldn't be surprised if they sold off that portion of their business in time.

Years ago when CVS acquired Caremark I questioned how that wasn't considered a monopoly. Now that other pharmacy chains are doing the same with other PBMs (Rite Aid acquired EnvisionRX) it seems inevitable that this will be a nightmare for many, especially those with dual coverage.

All of the BCBS plans are leaving as well (those with actual BCBS as their PBM.) We haven't had anyone with Medco tell us they are leaving us as of yet??? I have Aetna insurance with Express Scripts as the PBM and CVS is listed as in-network for 2017, so it doesn't look like all ESI plans are leaving.....yet....

And I thought collusion was illegal. I guess this version doesn't quite meet that definition.

Guess TMs won't be able to use their discounts any more unless CVS includes it in their agreement.
Bye-bye pharmacy rewards, too.
We should still be able to use our discount cards at CVS, after all we do get a discount at Starbucks

So has anyone received their last w2 yet from Target? I'm noticing the CVS one lacks the month of January which makes sense since we didn't convert over to the myhr system until February.

So has anyone received their last w2 yet from Target? I'm noticing the CVS one lacks the month of January which makes sense since we didn't convert over to the myhr system until February.
My cvs w2 covers the entire year, w2 come from the employer who paid you, not the company who's HR system was used. Last year received w2s from target and cvs (as one paycheck was issued to me in 2015 that was for time after they bought us, this year just cvs as all pay was from them.

There's evidently a Pharmacy Technician job open at my store... Would I be able to quit Target and immediately start working for CVS, if I applied and got the job? What have hours been like at CVS inside Target stores? Would I be expected to pick up shifts at other CVS locations as needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back