Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they'll basically just end up calling it the HBA backroom.

I could live with that.
We already have an HBA backroom directly next to the pharmacy. But it is so insanely small and could definitely use an expansion to have room to backstock the ~20 vehicles of HBA backstock that has been piling up over the last few months.

We already have an HBA backroom directly next to the pharmacy. But it is so insanely small and could definitely use an expansion to have room to backstock the ~20 vehicles of HBA backstock that has been piling up over the last few months.

Oh that's cool! My store just has the electronics backroom and the regular one.

I wish we had the HBA backroom. It'd certainly make it easier to keep all of HBA stocked.

Basically the Target RX employees who have been there for a long time are kinda getting the short end of the stick. How do they know CVS will have jobs for them?? Why can't they just stay there when they switch over to CVS? It doesn't make any sense.......

Just read an article from BizJournal (didn't know how to link it sorry) that stated Spot has used some of the money from selling to CVS to buy back Spot stocks. Now that seems like a step in the right direction, but before I get my hopes up, I'll like to see the quantitative data. How many, when, and the future of stockholders....

And what will happen to my fancy pill bottles?!
I really liked the different colors bottle tags. They helped me keep track of things, and I knew exactly what bottle to grab in the morning, and so forth.

I imagine, it was very helpful for the seniors & elderly coming in. That... and the labels on the pill bottles we're printed with bigger text, and easier to read.

Sad... More innovation, and uniqueness of Target, down the drain.

CVS still sucks
This.

I really liked the different colors bottle tags. They helped me keep track of things, and I knew exactly what bottle to grab in the morning, and so forth.

I imagine, it was very helpful for the seniors & elderly coming in. That... and the labels on the pill bottles we're printed with bigger text, and easier to read.

Sad... More innovation, and uniqueness of Target, down the drain.

This.

Yes, the whole bottle system was great! My only issue was I wanted to change my color lol. I had pink.

Yes, the whole bottle system was great! My only issue was I wanted to change my color lol. I had pink.

Just ask for a different color. They'll give you whatever you want :)

Lol, I've got like, 40+ bottle rings, in a drawer from over the years.

There's a lot that has to happen before CVS comes into Target. Before we all get our panties in knots, wait to see if the sale is approved. Besides, until the sale is approved and then goes through they will tell us what they think that we ought to know....and lie as they tell us.

Once a buy-out is complete and all laws are followed, the buyer will do whatever the buyer wants to do. So take all this information that we're getting and take it all as a small grain of sand...for in the end CVS will do what CVS wants to do.....UNLESS, there are specific restrictions in place before the sale goes thru......and even if specific restrictions are in place, there is no guarantee that the restrictions will be followed.

So, don't start jumping ship yet.....and don't transfer those prescriptions until we know what is happening.

I would venture to guess that somehow the Target pill bottles will get into this deal somehow....after all, the bottles have been quite the success story.....maybe Target will begin to sell its bottles to non-CVS pharmacies. Don't worry too much, Target won't let themselves be screwed out of the money and rights that they already have for those bottles.

I would also be willing to say that specific ETLs or DTLs have no real information about what will really happen at the store level.....again, CVS & Target will tell us what they want to.....and remember, they will lie.

I too have been through company buy-outs....and what they say at the beginning may not at all be what we end up with in the end.

We should post our ETL spins. Mine said it was because target is opening more express stores and wants to have drive through pharmacies and cvs is experienced with that.

If you are a TM who is getting your scripts filled through the Target Rx benefit program I will wager that you will eventually have to use CVS. CVS owns Caremark, the Rx benefit management program. It will be interesting to see if the change is made with the Target 2016 benefit year, or after the buyout is complete.

I was just assuming CVS wanted to cut out any of their left over stores in order to get rid of the overhead and just shack up with Target. No one really wants to go to a CVS to shop.

We got the talk last night about CVS buying Target pharmacy. LOD said nothing is going to change except they may have some different signage, but I don't know if I entirely buy that. Only time will tell once it actually starts happening.

If you are a TM who is getting your scripts filled through the Target Rx benefit program I will wager that you will eventually have to use CVS. CVS owns Caremark, the Rx benefit management program. It will be interesting to see if the change is made with the Target 2016 benefit year, or after the buyout is complete.
I would think you would probably be able to use your Rx benefit at a stand alone CVS or a "CVS @ Target."

I disagree. I don't see CVS letting newly hired Target pharmacy employees keep their seniority. Certainly wouldn't sit well with CVS employees. How can you tell a long term CVS employee with say 8 yrs of service, that a newly hired Target employee now outranks them in pay and vacation. As for similar pay, depends what CVS's pay scale is. If Target's is higher, I don't believe that they will pay newly hired Target employees more than people that have been with them for years. Just wouldn't make good business sense since the original CVS employees will outnumber the Target employees.

Don't they already do that with ETLs?

Hiring college kids into higher paying positions before promoting someone who's been working at Target for a decade?

Yeah, just don't see how THAT is a best practice. Let's make sure that the people in charge of running the store have no business experience and very little, if any, supervisory experience. Kind of amusing to have to go to an ETL who hasn't even been in the job for a year.

I wonder if the generic drugs target has been selling will be changing to the better grade that cvs uses. Or will cvs make the pharmacies in target their lower grade locations?
I wonder what happens to the pharmacist that left cvs to work at target pharmacy. Will he be rehired? I wonder how he will feel about that.
That's a lot of wondering I am doing.

My STL said tonight that all the CVS will ONLY sell prescriptions.....nothing else.

STL also said that the "red pill bottles" are probably already figured into the deal.

STL said that the Target pharmacists will be getting their continued pay with CVS.....that's assuming that the Target pharmacists pass the rigorous testing that CVS does....and continues to meet the CVS standards. (CVS standards???? Really!)

Remember, even if the sale does go thru there will have to be a great deal of data moved from Target to CVS.......and if all goes well.....that may only take a few years!

My STL said tonight that all the CVS will ONLY sell prescriptions.....nothing else.

STL also said that the "red pill bottles" are probably already figured into the deal.

STL said that the Target pharmacists will be getting their continued pay with CVS.....that's assuming that the Target pharmacists pass the rigorous testing that CVS does....and continues to meet the CVS standards. (CVS standards???? Really!)

Remember, even if the sale does go thru there will have to be a great deal of data moved from Target to CVS.......and if all goes well.....that may only take a few years!

What about shit like Sudafed? That's not perscription but it does need to be behind the pharmacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back