Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some stores are, but a majority aren't. I think the number is somewhere around 500 that are unionized. What would being in a union have to do with where you work? I know people who work in a unionized grocery store and they work in different work centers??? It all depends on the contact.

What would being in a union have to do with where you work? I know people who work in a unionized grocery store and they work in different work centers??? It all depends on the contact.

The Target Union video, leads everyone to believe that being in a union means you can never step foot or work outside your department.

No Cross Training, or Backup Cashiering allowed...

I don't think most unions code there contracts like that anymore though.

And what's funny is that it's actually illegal for them to discourage unionizing.

As much as it pains me to say this. But if Target unionized; it'd probably be the string that finally did the company in.

Even if this sale is approved, Target is really struggling. With all the loses the chain has absorbed, I highly doubt there is much in reserves.

Target I imagine, would have a lot of trouble paying for increased benefits and pay for TM's.

And with no money for payroll and benefits.

Well. Either Skeleton Crews's or Worse.

They have been confirmed they cannot work in the same at the same location if they want to stay with Target and also that if they have worked with CVS before and were non-rehireble they will be offered position regardless.

I think that our pharmacist said that CVS stores are unionized......if that is the case then a TM probably can't work CVS & Target flow.

I know that there are some specific rules about what you can and cannot do when working....and different work centers are part of that......part of the reason people wouldn't unionize with Target is that TMs would be prohibited from being in two different work centers at a time.

You know this is BS right.

Do you mean if they choose to stay with Target in a different position rather than go to CVS under pharmacy or work for Target AND CVS?

Supposedly, you can chose to work in a different department (being offered) and keep the same paygrade.

Supposedly, you can chose to work in a different department (being offered) and keep the same paygrade.
But Seven of Nine said they can't stay at the same location if they choose to stay with Target??? I was asking if that meant if they choose to stay, does that mean they have to change stores? Obviously they have to change departments, but I heard if they do, they could possibly have to take a pay cut IF they choose NOT to take an offer from CVS...we have heard nothing about having to change stores...

Store FAQ's - STL, ETL-HR Version

TEAM MEMBERS AND HR

1. What if I worked at CVS Health before and did not leave on good terms? Do I still get offered a job? Team members will be offered a position with CVS Health subject to customary pre-employment screening.

2. What will the pre-employment screening for CVS Health entail? CVS Health's customary pre-employment screening includes drug screening as well as background, criminal, immigration, and other checks meeting applicable Board of Pharmacy requirements.

3. What if I am on CCA at Target for work performance or conduct at the time of transaction close? Will I still receive an offer to work at CVS Health? Yes. Team members will be offered a position with CVS Health subject to customary pre-employment screening.

4. What if I don't want to work for CVS Health? Do I have to accept the job they offer me? No. However, if you choose to not accept a role with CVS Health, your employment will be terminated because Target will no longer be operating our Pharmacies and Clinics.

5. Will CVS Health guarantee me the same hours and store location that I have today? Today's announcement is about sharing with you the transaction we have reached with CVS Health. We are unable to provide you with that level of detail at this time, but we encourage you to raise any requests and/or concerns with CVS Health upon your transfer of employment. Additionally, we are committed to sharing information with you as it becomes available in the meantime.

6. I have heard that CVS Health is unionized, is that true? CVS Health has unionized employees in a limited number of markets across the U.S.

7. If I am on LOA at the time that the transaction is approved, will I receive an offer? Yes - team members on an approved LOA will receive an offer of employment. However, such offers of employment to team members on an approved LOA will be made contingent on the team member's return to work within 150 days following the date their leave began.

8. What should I tell to my Executives in Training for Pharmacy or Clinics? For candidates who have not begun working at Target yet, Talent Acquisition partners will be reaching out to share key messages with them about the transition. Our intention is to continue to hire and onboard all of our offered Executives. For new EITs who are working in your store, use the provided Script for EITs to have a conversation about what this announcement means.

9. What if I have a sales floor team member or cashier who picks up a shift in the Pharmacy or Clinics once in a while but not are keyed in that work center? Do I need to communicate something special to them? No. Use the All Store Huddle Script to share the news of the announcement with these team members. If anyone asks you about whether this impacts their ability to pick up shifts in the Pharmacy or Clinic going forward, share that until transaction close it will be business an usual.

10. What if I am terminated by Target for Work Performance or Conduct prior to the transaction closing? Will I still be offered a role with CVS Health? No. If you re terminated for any reason including performance or conduct prior to offer date, you will not receive an offer from CVS Health.

11. Will I continue to receive the same amounts of pay and benefits as today? Team members of Target Pharmacy and Target Clinics will continue to receive their normal pay and benefits from Target through a date following the transaction close.

12. What will my offer look like from CVS? You will be offered the same level of base pay you had at Target. The offer will also include bonus and benefits at the same level as other CVS Health employees. More details will be shared as the specifics are finalized.

13. How do these changes impact my annual bonus payout? Target will provide team members of Target Pharmacy and Target Clinics who are incentive eligible with a prorated bonus for their time at Target, as soon as administratively possible after close of the transaction. After the close, incentive-eligible team members will participate in CVS Health's incentive programs.

14. What happens to my Target benefits? Target Pharmacy and Target Clinic team members will continue in Target benefits until sometime after closing. CVS Health will offer eligible Target team members an opportunity to enroll in CVS Health benefits, at which time your benefits will transition.

15. What about currently approved vacation time I have? At this time, the date of transaction closure is unknown. Team Members should continue to plan and use vacation time as they do today. After transaction close, any concerns about vacation should be addressed from CVS Health.

16. How much paid time off will I accrue? Post transaction closure, CVS Health will recognize service dates for Vacation accrual processes. For example, a 10 year Target Pharmacist will accrue vacation at the same rate as a Pharmacist who has worked at CVS Health for 10 years.

17. Will I be paid out my unused vacation time, personal holidays and sick time at Target at the time of Transaction Close? On a date following the Transaction Close, any unused vacation, personal holidays or sick time you have accrued will be paid out if allowed by Target policies.

18. [N/A]

19. [N/A]

20. What will happen to my 401k at the time of transaction close? Eligible Target team members can continue to make deferrals into the TGT 401(k) plan through a date following the Transaction Close. At that time, they can retain their balances in the TGT 401(k) plan, review their account balances, transfer/reallocate investments, or request a rollover/payout. Outstanding 401(k) loans become taxable income (penalties may also apply) if not repaid on or before the end of the quarter following closing. Team members may be able to avoid these tax issues by transferring their loan balances into the CVS 401(k) plan.

21. When will I learn what the CVS Benefits offerings are and how they are similar or differ from Target? Shortly after the transaction is approved, you will hear from CVS Health directly about what to expect regarding your benefits, as will as many other important topics that you may have questions about.

22. Will CVS Health honor my Years of Service with Target? CVS Health has agreed to honor prior Target service for benefits eligibility and vesting purposes. In addition, Target service will be used to calculate paid time off accrual and severance benefits.

23. If I accept a job offer from CVS Health, who will be my employer? While all colleagues work for CVS Health, the area they support may be under difference business areas, including CVS Pharmacy, Inc., its subsidiaries or affiliates.

24. Will our process and approach change to ensure we don't go dark in Pharmacist & Clinics, or will we follow the same steps? We will continue to use our same staffing and scheduling processes as we do today to ensure our Pharmacies and Clinics do not go dark. In addition, leaders will be continually assessing and modifying practices during the approval process as needed to ensure a successful venture for Target and CVS.

25. What will happen to our Target Mail Order Pharmacy? What if I get my prescriptions filled there? Until the transaction closes, it is business as usual for the Mail Order Pharmacy and you can continue to fill your prescriptions. Changes to this benefit or process for Target Team Members will be communicated in the future. Like all other Pharmacies in the company, the team working at the Mail Order location will be offered roles with CVS Health at the time of transaction close.

26. Who is reaching out to Executive candidates in process, or Executive candidates that have accepted offers but not yet started? The Talent Acquisition team is reaching out to conditions over the next couple of days.

27. What if an Hourly Pharmacy or Clinic Team Member who is not working calls the store to ask questions about the announcement? While you should not proactively contact hourly team members who are off the clock about the announcement, if one of them calls you are the store because they have heard the news, you should be prepared to speak with them and answer their questions. In the event this occurs, please ensure the team member completes a punch correction for 15 minutes, or the duration of the time they were speaking to you-- whichever is greater. All hourly team members must be paid for that time.

Target/CVS Health Partnership
FAQs - June 19, 2015

OPERATIONS

Are we going to keep the same dispensing application?
Today is business as usual, including no changes at this time to EPS. You will learn more in the future on what operational changes may occur. After transaction close, we expect that our Stores will begin to transition to using the CVS/pharmacy dispensing application.

We will continue to support the EPS application until the transition, including bug fixes and enhancements.

Will the store hours/model change? For now and until transaction closes, it is business as usual. Post-transaction, we do to have details on the hours and operating model to share at this time. These details will be available in the future. We can share that the CVS/Pharmacy inside Target stores will not operate outside normal Target store business hours.

Will Over-the-Counter on the sales floor still sell Target products or will that switch to CVS Health as well? Owned brands are incredibly important to Target's business. This agreement will not change the way we offer those brands to guests within OTC. As for what is carried within the four walls of the pharmacy, that will be determined by CVS Health following the deal close.

Will CVS Health close down Target Store Pharmacies if they have a CVS nearby or in the same parking lot? CVS cannot close down a Pharmacy without Target's permission.

EMPLOYMENT

Can team members work across channels with some shifts in standalone CVS/pharmacy and some shifts in a CVS/pharmacy in a Target store?
CVS/pharmacy intends to maintain pharmacy and clinic assignments as they exist today. After close, if a team member is interested in working cross-channel, we will make every effort to honor their request.

Will I be offered a job if I'm not licensed in the state in which I live? (HCMLs and HCBPs) CVS Pharmacy Supervisors are encouraged to work towards licensure in the states they oversee, but it is not required.

Is technician certification required for all pharmacy technicians, even if licensure was grandfathered as a non-certified tech? CVS Pharmacy require technician certification and licensure only in those states where it is mandated by law or Board of Pharmacy regulations (or both).

I have a pharmacy tech-in-training license in the state that I work in. Will I receive a job offer? Team members in this scenario will be mapped over to a comparable role with CVS Health

Can spouses both work for CVS Health? CVS Health has a policy that allows for both spouses to work for the company as long as one does not hold a supervisory role over the other.

Can you work for both Target and CVS Health? Team member cannot be a Contract Service Provider and a Team Member in the same store. All other potential scenarios are being explored and more details will be shared when available.

Team members who are currently cross-trained and work in both areas should be keyed to the role they do more than 50% of the time which will determine whether they receive an offer with CVS at transaction close, or remain a Target team member.

Will pharmacists have to go through an interview type process with CVS Health? No. CVS Health's customary pre-employment screening includes drug screening as well as background, criminal, immigration, and other checks meeting applicable Board of Pharmacy requirements.

Will a team member in the pharmacy or clinic keep their same pay if they move into another work center prior to or after the time of deal close? Team Members in the Pharmacy Team Member of Clinic Team Member job titles that do not transfer to CVS will be offered roles at Target in other work centers upon transaction close. For these individuals, they should maintain their current pay when being placed n a new worker center due to the fact that they are no longer able to work in the Pharmacy or Clinic.

For team members who are in roles that WILL transfer to CVS (examples: technician, ERL-RX, Rx TL) who do not wish to continue to work in Pharmacies or Clinics post transaction and are entered in succession planning into other Target jobs, they should talk with their Store leadership about their interest in other roles and can career path into this jobs prior to Transaction close, however in that case the store should following the promotion/demotion guidelines located on the store pay chart. Succession planning into new roles prior to close is business an usual.

What will the leadership/reporting structure look like with CVS Health? What is considered a comparable position to our current roles? A high-level overview of the CVS/pharmacy and CVS/minuteclinic leadership stuctures and roles will be shared during the "Getting to Know CVS Health" meetings. Target is working to provide the information CVS Health needs to map team members to comparable roles within their organization.

CULTURE

What is the CVS Health culture like?
We are coordinating a series of meetings for CVS Health in the coming weeks to help you "Get to Know CVS Health." These meetings will help you better understand the company and culture and what you should expect to experience.

What leadership development offerings does CVS Health provide? An overview of leadership development programs will be included in the "Get to Know CVS Health" meetings.

FINANCIAL/REPORTING

How will this impact our sales goals? Will our sales goals be altered to reflect the loss in revenue at the store level?
We understand there will be implications to results and financial reporting that will need to be addressed following the transaction close. We don't have any specifics on how they will be handled at this time, teams are engaged on answering those questions.

PAY & BENEFITS

Will Target team members continue to receive their team member discount at pharmacies and clinics?
Team member discounts will remain the same until the deal closes. Target team members will not receive a discount at CVS pharmacies and clinics.

Will CVS team members working in a Target Store receive a discount at Target? Discount policies after the date of deal close are to be determined.

How will pensions be affected post transaction close? Target team members hired prior to 2009 who have met hours and service requirements are vested for pension plan purposes. For eligible team members, pension benefits will continue to accrue through a date following the Transaction Close. Any vested pension benefit will be calculated by the Target Benefits Center and information regarding that benefit will be sent to your home address sometime after closing. Each individual team member situation is unique; please call the Target Benefits Center at 1-800-828-5850 for specific questions regarding your pension.

What will happen with my tuition reimbursement through Target? Subject to eligibility requirements, Target will provide tuition reimbursement and pay out tuition reimbursement accrual for all in-process classes that have been approved.

Will I be paid out my unused vacation time and personal holidays at Target at the time of Transaction Close? Vacation will be paid out according to the terms of the plan in effect as of the date following transaction close. Personal Holidays will be paid out in applicable states (California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Rhode Island) in accordance with the terms of the plan in effect as of the date following transaction close.

Will hourly team members who are currently eligible for Target benefits (30+ hours per week) be eligible for health care benefits when they transition to CVS Health? Target team members (30+ hours/wk) who are eligible for health care benefits at close will be eligible for health care benefits with CVS.

Some Target team members, such a part-time pharmacists, are eligible for benefits and participate in the medical plan at 20 hours per week. Will they be eligible for benefits when they transition to CVS Health? CVS Health is learning more about our benefits programs. We are working with them to share this information and will have an answer for you when it is available.

See the public Target and CVS Health FAQs: https://corporate.target.com/article/2015/06/target-cvs-health-faq

How will this impact our sales goals? Will our sales goals be altered to reflect the loss in revenue at the store level? We understand there will be implications to results and financial reporting that will need to be addressed following the transaction close. We don't have any specifics on how they will be handled at this time, teams are engaged on answering those questions.

This is what is really going to hurt. I imagine that hours will be cut since pharmacy-payroll no longer comes out of the stores, then there will be an additional cut due to lowered sales(About 10% of my stores sales come from Pharmacy).

I wouldn't be surprised if Target double dips on the cuts. They did the same thing when the new signing process rolled out.

Is technician certification required for all pharmacy technicians, even if licensure was grandfathered as a non-certified tech? CVS Pharmacy require technician certification and licensure only in those states where it is mandated by law or Board of Pharmacy regulations (or both).
So.....does this mean they ARE honoring grandfathered techs or not???

Does the non-PSE junk work for anyone? I tried it once and it wasn't worth crap. Our knock-off of the Advil Cold and Sinus with the PSE works wonders for me; kinda gets me hig... drowsy when I feel like crap.

Are you talking about the phenylephrine (PE) equivalents (i.e. Sudafed PE) or other non-pseudoephedrine formulas like dextromethorphan (DM)?

If I have a cold, I take Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold on the first day of unpleasant symptoms. It puts me to sleep fairly quickly, but I feel worlds better when I wake up and the symptoms are pretty much gone after that.

They were told they would not be able to work in the same store and might be able to work in another store in the area. It is in the Q and A above.

They were told they would not be able to work in the same store and might be able to work in another store in the area. It is in the Q and A above.
The Q&A that talks about working in two different stores is talking about CVS stores. There's another question next to it, I believe, that says they can't work at CVS Health and Target.

The Q&A is misleading...one question says if you decide NOT to accept an offer from CVS, you will be terminated. Another says if you don't want to work for CVS, you should talk to management about transitioning into a different position prior to deal close.

They haven't yet decided if you can work at the "CVS in Target" at one store and pick up shifts, say in Hardlines or as a cashier, at a different store. The question that says you can't work for CVS Health and Target says "in the same store." We probably WILL be allowed to pick up shifts at stand alone CVS stores.

I think it means if you want to stay in the pharmacy, you have to go with CVS....you can't be a Target employee in the pharmacy. But if you want to remain with Target, then you can talk to management about going to another work center.

4. What if I don't want to work for CVS Health? Do I have to accept the job they offer me? No. However, if you choose to not accept a role with CVS Health, your employment will be terminated because Target will no longer be operating our Pharmacies and Clinics.

For team members who are in roles that WILL transfer to CVS (examples: technician, ERL-RX, Rx TL) who do not wish to continue to work in Pharmacies or Clinics post transaction and are entered in succession planning into other Target jobs, they should talk with their Store leadership about their interest in other roles and can career path into this jobs prior to Transaction close, however in that case the store should following the promotion/demotion guidelines located on the store pay chart. Succession planning into new roles prior to close is business an usual.

We have a TL and ETL pharmacist both have put in there two weeks because of this transition even if it doesnt go through they are still leaving because lately and i agree target has became a fickle company. Money wise is makes sense but in protecti

I think it means if you want to stay in the pharmacy, you have to go with CVS....you can't be a Target employee in the pharmacy. But if you want to remain with Target, then you can talk to management about going to another work center.
I understand that....but it says "if you choose not to accept the offer from CVS, you will be terminated." It makes it seem like you won't then have the option of transitioning into a different work center, that you have to make the decision PRIOR to getting the offer. Obviously, you can't be a Target employee in the pharmacy since there will be no "Target pharmacy" after the deal goes through....

I understand that....but it says "if you choose not to accept the offer from CVS, you will be terminated." It makes it seem like you won't then have the option of transitioning into a different work center, that you have to make the decision PRIOR to getting the offer. Obviously, you can't be a Target employee in the pharmacy since there will be no "Target pharmacy" after the deal goes through....
I would suggest getting the transfer papers in order...

So it sounds like we may give the CVS folks a target discount, but they aren't giving us one for the stuff we HAVE to buy from behind the counter. Fuck CVS. Back to buying my Claritin D from the grocery store generic rack.

Not liking this at all, that Q&A sounds like we left them lots of ways to screw us over, lots of pushing the blame onto CVS for hiring people or not (pending their regular process), closing pharmacy locations in Targets (not without our approval-cause we know they care), and lots of "we don't know" cause they really dont care.

This could be promising. I mean... look at the Comcast & Time Warner failed merger... :)

Yeah the merger failed...but inspired Charter to go after them and it looks like that one might stick. I can see this being blocked, only to have Walgreens make an offer shortly after.

So it sounds like we may give the CVS folks a target discount, but they aren't giving us one for the stuff we HAVE to buy from behind the counter. Fuck CVS. Back to buying my Claritin D from the grocery store generic rack.

Not liking this at all, that Q&A sounds like we left them lots of ways to screw us over, lots of pushing the blame onto CVS for hiring people or not (pending their regular process), closing pharmacy locations in Targets (not without our approval-cause we know they care), and lots of "we don't know" cause they really dont care.

what the fuck? Does Target Mobile get a discount? Because if they don't, CVS sure as shit shouldn't get a discount.

what the fuck? Does Target Mobile get a discount? Because if they don't, CVS sure as shit shouldn't get a discount.
Mobile does not get a discount. I know because one of our Mobile guys always comes by the deli to buy a lunch. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back