Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "CVS Culture" is definitely starting. Hour cuts across the board to dangerously low staffing levels. I'm talking about weekly cuts of anywhere from 20-50+ hours/week, despite increased script/new patient counts. Effing ridiculous!!!

So with 20-50 hrs cut each week, how many hours have you guys lost over the last month or two?

Can't wait for this to totally blow up in their face when they lose a ton of patients due to people not liking CVS, employees leaving for the same reason, and then the impending closing of pharmacies as a CVS is literally in the same parking lot. I know all but the last part have already happened, but its gonna really go down once people who don't know about them get a first hand look at what they're like. Also they may not close pharmacies at first, biut IDGAF shat the deal says, they will close pharmacies eventually. There's no way that greedy company (of u can believe it, more so than target) is about to keep a pharmacy open that's less than a mile from a CVS. They're not gonna go for that.

Quit you guys seriously especially if you are an Etl ldk how I did it but I'm here to tell you it's better out there

Walgreens is buying Duane Reade. So now, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Duane Reade, and Boots will be operated by one company. Sounds monopoly-ish.

Might be part of the reason for the slowdown on the CVS deal.

The "CVS Culture" is definitely starting. Hour cuts across the board to dangerously low staffing levels. I'm talking about weekly cuts of anywhere from 20-50+ hours/week, despite increased script/new patient counts. Effing ridiculous!!!

What is a typical day like for you guys.

Seems like my pharmacy there is a pharmacist there the whole day and we close at 7 most days
Then we usually have 2-3 techs throughout the day. Usually one leaves around 5, another 6:30 and the last 7.

We're a 9pm store also. I usually schedule 3 openers, 2 closers, and a mid when hours allow for it. I always have a mid on Mondays because they are always so crazy busy.

No, just one tech and one pharmacist. One of those two will also get the counter.

Now I don't know what the script counts looks like at these other stores. Ours gets around 130-150 on Monday-Thursday and 70-100 on Friday-Sunday.

No, just one tech and one pharmacist. One of those two will also get the counter.

Now I don't know what the script counts looks like at these other stores. Ours gets around 130-150 on Monday-Thursday and 70-100 on Friday-Sunday.
That sounds about right....we have some stores near me that do that many & don't even have 1-1 coverage. Some days, the RPhs are alone most of the day...

Whoa. My store has 3 techs and a RPh. Sometimes, we'll have interns as well. But 1 tech & Rph? Damn.

We have an all-day pharmacist & two techs - one opens then goes to lunch when the second one arrives. The second one goes to lunch just before the first one leaves. They overlap about three hrs.

I'm a tech and I'm worried about my job. Does CVS have to offer all current techs a position are can pharmacists pick and choose who they want to keep? Someone overheard our Pharmacists talking about how "maybe now we can finally get rid of her for good" They have a conference call next week about the CVS change. I'm getting nervous. I think my job is safe, but I'm worried for a co-worker
Techs with Certification are safe. If you don't have your certification your SOL and will be a cashier or sales floor.

We were told if you were keyed as a tech you were safe. Also told that all personal would remain the same.

I'm a tech and I'm worried about my job. Does CVS have to offer all current techs a position are can pharmacists pick and choose who they want to keep? Someone overheard our Pharmacists talking about how "maybe now we can finally get rid of her for good" They have a conference call next week about the CVS change. I'm getting nervous. I think my job is safe, but I'm worried for a co-worker
If that is your real name, you want to change it. Welcome, btw.

News just broke. CVS Pharmacy bought out Target Pharmacy. All Target Pharmacy Cashiers and uncertified techs will be transferred to different positions within Target. All Pharmacy certified techs and ETLS will be offered positions with CVS.

Just wondering where you heard this? Our PIC and district people told us we would all keep our jobs and pay rates, but 3 out of out 5 techs are NOT certified!

Techs with Certification are safe. If you don't have your certification your SOL and will be a cashier or sales floor.
Where did you hear this? Not all states require certification for techs & some states allow techs to be grandfathered in as licensed without certification. I know CVS techs who aren't certified in those states, so why would they require Target techs to be certified?

I heard it from a reliable source, but maybe it could depend on the area of the country you live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back