Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard it from a reliable source, but maybe it could depend on the area of the country you live.
It definitely depends on where you live because they cannot justify not hiring an uncertified tech in a state where certification isn't required and their OWN techs aren't required to be certified. Some stores may even keep their cashiers, as CVS DOES have a similar position. If you're going to pass on info, please make sure it's accurate.

Maybe it is based on which state. Where I am techs do not have to be certified and the majority of the techs I know employed by CVS are not. I'm just so confused after what I've read on here and hearing my boss talking about "finally getting rid of her for good."
I heard that they may be shifting techs around to other stores because some are hiring and others are "overstaffed" (by CVS standards, at least). There are 3 stores around me that are hiring and getting NO applicants because of the pending deal, so we may be losing 1-2 techs to them. Maybe that's what he meant?

We were somewhat recently informed that our pharmacy assistants (a state specific title that requires licensing, think of it as a pharmacy cashier) may be brought to CVS as well. The reason for this is to allow ratio be respected. We can only have 1 pharmacist to 3 techs inside the pharmacy at any time, but some of our busier stores may have 5 or 6 hourly employees (a mix of techs and assistants) in the pharmacy with 1 pharmacist. By allowing us to bring over assistants, we are ensuring that we can still staff the pharmacy in some stores where there are very few techs but many assistants.

We were somewhat recently informed that our pharmacy assistants (a state specific title that requires licensing, think of it as a pharmacy cashier) may be brought to CVS as well. The reason for this is to allow ratio be respected. We can only have 1 pharmacist to 3 techs inside the pharmacy at any time, but some of our busier stores may have 5 or 6 hourly employees (a mix of techs and assistants) in the pharmacy with 1 pharmacist. By allowing us to bring over assistants, we are ensuring that we can still staff the pharmacy in some stores where there are very few techs but many assistants.
Cvs does have a similar position, or so I've heard. I haven't had a chance to look at the document outlining all of the positions yet.

From the the unionize thread, HLM posted a link to a story that said the following:

Target said the CVS deal should close between Dec. 31, 2015, and Jan. 16, 2016, and that Target pharmacy workers would then be terminated. “No purpose would be served in holding the election,” Target’s petition said.

So it's coming!

Our RXBP visited us this week and told us the deal is expected to be announced December 1, but close January 19 at the earliest. She said something about a blackout period through January 18. We were also told that offers were going out in December.
February 1 makes more sense to me, since that will be the start of the new fiscal year for Target, but it's all just conjecture at this point.

I've been told deal should close by mid Dec, but we won't start changing over systems immediately because Target has policies against during so during the Christmas rush due to the data breech in the past. But we may be working for CVS just no changed right away anytime now.

Don't blame you one bit! I don't think they have a clue how many customers will transfer out the second they hang a CVS Sign!

Don't blame you one bit! I don't think they have a clue how many customers will transfer out the second they hang a CVS Sign!
The only person that has told me they would transfer was our SL TL. I would estimate that about 95% of the patients that I talk to say they will stay with us as long as we have the same staff. That's what makes Target pharmacy so great! We have awesome team members that care and connect with our patients.

I'm staying because I love my team and I think we'll still be great, CVS or not!

A think a lot of team members will lose it and leave as soon as they find out they don't get their discount, same with retirees. No matter how great we may be, CVS prices are coming. A huge chunk of our business is from people who come to us because they "hate" CVS. Our biggest complaint is we don't have a drive thru. There's a CVS in our parking lot open 24 hours with a drive thru. We had several customers leave right after the announcement was made and several others tell us they would be leaving once things finalized. I think target has underestimated how badly CVS is perceived by the public. Several people are staying only beacuse of their person connection to our team, but that will only go so far once the prices change and price matching is going out the window. All those people we're price matching Walmart on will be Walmart customers soon.

I don't mean to sound negative, but it's just unfortunately what's about to happen :(

Cvs employees will keep their Target discounts. But no news on if Target team members will get a discount on their Cvs prescriptions. If we don't I will unfortunately be transferring my rxs out.

Cvs employees will keep their Target discounts. But no news on if Target team members will get a discount on their Cvs prescriptions. If we don't I will unfortunately be transferring my rxs out.

Unless it has changed, months ago the FAQ did state that Target employees will not be receiving discount on CVS prescriptions.

As of our most recent conference call, we have not heard confirmation that we will definitely keep our Target discount, but that there was a "99% likelihood" we would. It was also stated that would not extend to newly employed Target store CVS employed people.

Target employees will not get a discount with CVS. That was stated very early on. CVS employees do not even receive discounts on prescriptions, so they are certainly not giving one to Target employees.

We were told a couple weeks ago we are keeping the Target discount as long as we remain working in a Target store. Any new employees that are hired after the switch will not get the Target discount and if you transfer to a non Target CVS, you will lose it. But, as long as we stay, we keep the discount.

I am interested in all the things I've read here or heard from others elsewhere. As is so commonly the case, even the information passed down from DTLs, BPs, and Group Leaders doesn't all line up with each other. In my pharmacy we are all pretty over it, we just want the matter done with so we can move on.

I just want it over with too! that and some answers to our questions would be wonderful!

I don't see why they haven't sent out any more of those "Q&As" they did in the beginning??? I think another one would be most helpful, rather than those "get to know CVS" things they're sending out. Why do I care about a person I will most likely never meet and some "look how awesome we are" bs story?

Our RXBP visited us this week and told us the deal is expected to be announced December 1, but close January 19 at the earliest. She said something about a blackout period through January 18. We were also told that offers were going out in December.
February 1 makes more sense to me, since that will be the start of the new fiscal year for Target, but it's all just conjecture at this point.

I think, but I may be wrong, that the "black out period" you heard referenced was concerning hiring. There will be a period of roughly 6 weeks where we cannot hire anyone new for any pharmacy position. We have until a date in early December to have anyone new on board, after that we get moved to the CVS HR system when allowances occur, and CVS is not taking anyone new on board until the January date. So in other words, everyone needs to quit the week before Christmas while there is a huge hiring freeze.

No, the hiring freeze is a separate issue. The blackout period I was referring to was the actual close of the deal. The hiring freeze is to allow CVS to send out job offers. Offers have already gone out for some headquarters team members. Pharmacist offers will go out this month, with tech offers to follow in December. All of my information has come directly from my business partner.

No, the hiring freeze is a separate issue. The blackout period I was referring to was the actual close of the deal. The hiring freeze is to allow CVS to send out job offers. Offers have already gone out for some headquarters team members. Pharmacist offers will go out this month, with tech offers to follow in December. All of my information has come directly from my business partner.

What happens to those who were just hired by Target (within the past month) and haven't started working yet?

Those people should receive a job offer as well. That's the reason for the subsequent hiring freeze. Pharmacists hired by November 30 and technicians by December 10 will receive a job offer from CVS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back