Archived Damn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of you are either aren't aware or overlooking the fact that a specific requirement of the crowd management plan is to clearly identify when the 2nd door isn't being used on Black Friday.

I doubt they actually waited for an hour and half but they do have a semi-legitimate complaint because that store messed up in 2 ways. The first was that get should have had the signs up, the second is that AP should have been much more proactive in monitoring the 2nd door and the minute people lined up they should have been out there telling them that door isn't being opened. Instead they waited until over 100 people lined up there. Even if that was an exaggeration by those people, they shouldn't have let it get to even 10 people.

Also, being pregnant in the cold? Give me a break, you were gonna be pregnant in the cold even if you were at the correct door.

He definitely could have crafted some kind of solution for them instead of just shrugging his shoulders. Maybe find out what they were specifically looking for an offer them similar discounts on similar products. I dunno, but if that guy was an STL then I can see why he was gone shortly thereafter because he had absolutely no presence in front of them. Not one shred of credibility showing them he had any authority. And I'm not just talking about not making it right for them, his entire body language was meek and he had nothing to say at all. He carried himself like he was a sales floor team member their first day, not the leader of the store.

To be honest, he should have just said screw it and gave them the same % off another product of better or similar value that they were in there for. At our store we use the ticket system, so with that said if it would have been an item they couldn't of received a ticket for I would've said sorry but all of those tickets were gone before you were here. However still could have figured something out instead of standing there like an incompetent douche.

I think a lot of you are either aren't aware or overlooking the fact that a specific requirement of the crowd management plan is to clearly identify when the 2nd door isn't being used on Black Friday.

I doubt they actually waited for an hour and half but they do have a semi-legitimate complaint because that store messed up in 2 ways. The first was that get should have had the signs up, the second is that AP should have been much more proactive in monitoring the 2nd door and the minute people lined up they should have been out there telling them that door isn't being opened. Instead they waited until over 100 people lined up there. Even if that was an exaggeration by those people, they shouldn't have let it get to even 10 people.

Also, being pregnant in the cold? Give me a break, you were gonna be pregnant in the cold even if you were at the correct door.

He definitely could have crafted some kind of solution for them instead of just shrugging his shoulders. Maybe find out what they were specifically looking for an offer them similar discounts on similar products. I dunno, but if that guy was an STL then I can see why he was gone shortly thereafter because he had absolutely no presence in front of them. Not one shred of credibility showing them he had any authority. And I'm not just talking about not making it right for them, his entire body language was meek and he had nothing to say at all. He carried himself like he was a sales floor team member their first day, not the leader of the store.

To be honest, he should have just said screw it and gave them the same % off another product of better or similar value that they were in there for. At our store we use the ticket system, so with that said if it would have been an item they couldn't of received a ticket for I would've said sorry but all of those tickets were gone before you were here. However still could have figured something out instead of standing there like an incompetent douche.
Exactly, the whole point of vibe wasn't just give the customer what they want, it was also attempting to be creative in crafting a solution to problems. This guy had zero desire to help solve their concerns. They may have been unhappy no matter what but he could have at least tried.

Yes they love putting people on corrective action so when April comes they can justify that 10 cent raise.

Yeah, no. Shopping at Target is a privilege, not a right. Sucks they got to the wrong door but in no way are guests entitled to get discounts
You're absolutely right, they aren't "entitled" to a discount, however, you make it right for them, take a small hit on profitability to establish goodwill with your customers. It doesn't need to be "the customer's always right" but it shouldn't be "the customer's always an asshole" either.

Even if they don't live up to a threat of never shopping there again, being mad enough to avoid shopping there for a few months or even weeks can add up to hundreds or maybe even thousands of dollars lost. That doesn't even take into account if they tell their friends/families and they make even 1 or 2 fewer trips to Target.

Furthermore, the statement that shopping at Target is a privilege, not a right is the exact same type of sentiment that put Best Buy in a very tough antagonistic standoff with their customers about 10 years ago by labeling certain customers as "devil customers" that no resources should be expended on. What good did it do them? Declining sales, significant store closures, tanking stock prices, and a hole they're still struggling to get out of despite their most major competition going out of business 5 years ago.

Does every woman think this when they shop at Target?

OMG yes....but I never just put shit like the sprite in a random spot like that. I've been working in Retail a LONG TIME and know that's a BIG NO-NO! lol...

Pregnancy makes your body warmer so her complaint is useless lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back