Archived Dating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a recovery team member and I have a crush on the ETL Log and I'm pretty sure he's got a crush on me too. We only greet each other and that's about it, I try to avoid him to get rid of the crush but I can't help but like him. Can we date or does Target have a policy against this?

Someone needs to quit or do a transfer to another store without delay. Do it now!

Thanks! I'm thinking about changing my availability so I don't have to see him when he comes in at night, at least until I find another job :)

No, this is not POLICY. The POLICY is basically that you can't be seeing/married to somebody you directly report on, as that creates a conflict of interest. I was dating the POG TL while I was an ETL. Everbody knew about it. The STL didn't care, nor did the DTL. Why? Because it did not create any conflict of interest.

No, this is not POLICY. The POLICY is basically that you can't be seeing/married to somebody you directly report on, as that creates a conflict of interest. I was dating the POG TL while I was an ETL. Everbody knew about it. The STL didn't care, nor did the DTL. Why? Because it did not create any conflict of interest.

At my store, it did.

I call bull****.

Thanks! I'm thinking about changing my availability so I don't have to see him when he comes in at night, at least until I find another job :)

It is highly suggested, to avoid any drama of gossip.
See below too.

Last edited:
Any TM at a store works under and reports to an STL or any ETL. You just can't work under or in the same area as a TL.

The only work around to the OP situation is to transfer or quit.

Last edited:
I call bull****.

Call it whatever you want. I called her my girlfriend, as did her direct supervisor, the STL and DTL.

This is fairly common in most businesses. As long as there is no conflict of interest the business has no reason to stick their nose in the relationship - unless they are willing to have to defend themself in a potential lawsuit that is stupid to get involved in in the first place.

Call it whatever you want. I called her my girlfriend, as did her direct supervisor, the STL and DTL.

This is fairly common in most businesses. As long as there is no conflict of interest the business has no reason to stick their nose in the relationship - unless they are willing to have to defend themself in a potential lawsuit that is stupid to get involved in in the first place.
I agreed on that. But, my store has too much drama or gossip.

Your STL and DTL made an exception. Pull out your exempt employee handbook.... It is a written policy.

She was just a tl. Big difference from a etl.

No ETL can date a tm. Too many legal issues that could arise.

they can look the other way. our stl knocked up one of our tm. our cart attendant knocked up our gstl. our srtl knocked up our hltl. our logtl/brtm. even the sft got in on the action. i felt like i was in a daytime soap "the red and the khaki"... no one got into any trouble over it. it only becomes an issue when it interferes with the way they do their job.

Yikes! Heck, what do I know? I don't have much time for gossip, so I'm usually so surprised to hear why so and so disappeared.

they can look the other way. our stl knocked up one of our tm. our cart attendant knocked up our gstl. our srtl knocked up our hltl. our logtl/brtm. even the sft got in on the action. i felt like i was in a daytime soap "the red and the khaki"... no one got into any trouble over it. it only becomes an issue when it interferes with the way they do their job.

Holy cow! I thought my store was bad, but clearly yours takes the cake! Sheesh!!!

"Red & Khaki" coming this fall to NBC.

This preview has been sponsored by Target. "Santa has elves, you have us"

-----------------

On a serious note, I know a ETL-AP who was fired after he was caught doing something on the clock (In the AP office, of all places)...

Could none of them find the condom aisle?!

She was just a tl. Big difference from a etl.

No ETL can date a tm. Too many legal issues that could arise.

Bikebryan was the ETL in that situation. That's why he's suggesting (wrongly) that the widely-acknowledged policy is not, in fact, the policy. While there may be selective enforcement, that does not change the fact that the policy is clear on this issue.

I definitely agree with putting in place a policy that no exempt employee can date any non-exempt employee. Too many issues can arise when one is supervising the other. That being said, I absolutely hated the policy for quite a while, as I was a bit crazy about a certain exec but didn't want to ask her to put her job at risk (granted, the result is usually just a location transfer, but still).

Last edited:

Ya know they've figured what causes that now.
Sounds like they should've spent more time zoning HBA....

For every rule, there is an exception. I had an ETL that was married to a TL in my store. He was ETL LOG and she was a GSTL. They rarely worked at the same time. Even so.... They were always professional. Quite a few TMs had no clue they were even married. Usually it can only end up bad. If things no work out it can be very uncomfortable for everyone. But as much time as we all spend there, things are bound to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back