Archived Day off

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the 3rd today, I requested a day off on the 17th, my boss said to request days off at least 2 weeks in advance because of how they make the schedules, is exactly 2 weeks in advance good enough to get the day off? I just don’t want to be scheduled and have to ask a coworker to cover my shift because I’ve never been able to cover theirs.

It is the 3rd today, I requested a day off on the 17th, my boss said to request days off at least 2 weeks in advance because of how they make the schedules, is exactly 2 weeks in advance good enough to get the day off? I just don’t want to be scheduled and have to ask a coworker to cover my shift because I’ve never been able to cover theirs.

Should have had it in last week....The hours download on Monday for the week of the 17th.

That week is being written right now . So you should have had it in 2 weeks ago or at least last week . Now is to late

It's still early enough to get that off. The 17th is a Sunday, so we'll be writing that week in the next few days. Requesting that day isn't due until tomorrow, I think. But yeah, ideally you should have had the request in a week or two ago. Or 6 months ago if you knew about it that early.

It's still early enough to get that off. The 17th is a Sunday, so we'll be writing that week in the next few days. Requesting that day isn't due until tomorrow, I think. But yeah, ideally you should have had the request in a week or two ago. Or 6 months ago if you knew about it that early.
I wrote the schedule for the 17th today already

I wrote the schedule for the 17th today already
Yeah I wish the cutoff for requesting vacation was like the Wednesday or even Friday before. Sometimes I'll write the schedule and then someone will request a day off after I'm done. Other times the team member will request it off early but it doesn't get approved until Monday at noon; I had that happen at a store that required me to turn in the schedule by Monday at noon...

Yeah I wish the cutoff for requesting vacation was like the Wednesday or even Friday before. Sometimes I'll write the schedule and then someone will request a day off after I'm done. Other times the team member will request it off early but it doesn't get approved until Monday at noon; I had that happen at a store that required me to turn in the schedule by Monday at noon...
My cut off is 3 days before the schedule get written.

You should have had it 12 years ago. But if Target wants to cancel your shift, they can feel free to call you a minute before and tell you. Doesn't seem quite equal now does it?

You should have had it 12 years ago. But if Target wants to cancel your shift, they can feel free to call you a minute before and tell you. Doesn't seem quite equal now does it?
That's equal to a call off though, which happens all the time and rarely has repercussions until it gets to a certain point.

That's equal to a call off though, which happens all the time and rarely has repercussions until it gets to a certain point.

I disagree. A call off is for an unexpected reason. Target telling people is not for an unexpected reason. An equivalent reason would be the store is closed because of a power outage. Calling people and telling them not to come in the day before or even the day of when the schedule has been posted for 2 weeks is not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back