DC Retaliation at Target Repost

Hey.
So, I want to know if someone has advice on how one of my fellow team members can go out about getting this handled without dealing with the integrity line or our DC HR.
The team member had put in a job change at my DC two months ago.
Note that she is a exceptional receiver at our warehouse.
She has made a lot of mistakes on the RF gun on pallet counts.
She has been there for three years.
I have been there for 4 years and we have receivers who have been there a long time and make worse mistakes on the gun than her.
Well, I am also a exceptional receiver.
I make mistakes but not a lot.
I also put in a job change but I did mine two weeks ago.
I had to do mine for daycare.
Well, I got approved for mine quickly but the same day I got approved they gave her a CA.
Which seems like retaliation to me cause they were already upset about losing me, so I feel they found a way to give her a CA so she couldn't get her job change.
I don't trust our Human Resources Business Partner on our shift cause he is best friends with our Senior OM and the last time I had a discussion about calling the integrity line on HR the Business partner told me that whatever we say on the integrity line just comes back to them.
So, I don't think the issue will be handled correctly.
Sorry for the long post but does anyone have any suggestions on what she can do?
I can’t stand injustice in the workplace.

Best answer from other thread.
For one, “exceptional receivers” DO NOT make mistakes, let alone a lot of them. Every mistake is also not the same.
ie. Receiving 2 cartons of towels and 1 of them is the wrong color is not the same as receiving a pallet of 18 PS5s as 118 cartons. 1 of them essentially costs the company nothing, the other costs the company over $100k if nobody catches it.
The company doesn’t pay for what they order, they pay for what you receive, so 1 mistake could easily justify a CA.
@InboundDCguy

Do your job. Your friend may have other performance issues that you may don't know about.
I am pretty popular in my building I get told everything and things I am not suppose to know so even tho Spot thinks they are covered I got plenty receipts and documentation that I can have any team member that's been discriminated and retaliated and not treated unfairly report to the EEOC I just post and ask questions on here to see what's going on at other DC’s unfairly.I fight and have fought for injustice in the workplace so that being said I am going to care

Best answer from other thread.
For one, “exceptional receivers” DO NOT make mistakes, let alone a lot of them. Every mistake is also not the same.
ie. Receiving 2 cartons of towels and 1 of them is the wrong color is not the same as receiving a pallet of 18 PS5s as 118 cartons. 1 of them essentially costs the company nothing, the other costs the company over $100k if nobody catches it.
The company doesn’t pay for what they order, they pay for what you receive, so 1 mistake could easily justify a CA.
@InboundDCguy
You are so right but isn’t Target suppose to be fair it’s not fair if you discipline one and not the other but what do I know🤷

I am pretty popular in my building I get told everything and things I am not suppose to know so even tho Spot thinks they are covered I got plenty receipts and documentation that I can have any team member that's been discriminated and retaliated and not treated unfairly report to the EEOC I just post and ask questions on here to see what's going on at other DC’s unfairly.I fight and have fought for injustice in the workplace so that being said I am going to care
Based on this posting with a bunch of run on sentences. You need to talk to your HR or OM on your concerns.

Spot has diversity(DEI) policy in place with required training by all mgrs & TM's. We do have a DC thread too.

That policy don't mean nothing when most of HR and management are a part of the Good Old Boys Club but it's all good cause I got people in place that are going to take them down legally one by one…🦸

You've been there for a hot minute so you know how it goes -- ICQA publishes the list of top 3 offenders every week and if you're on that top 3 quality offender list consecutively it is the OM's prerogative to issue out a CA depending on how egregious the miscount was and/or if that person is consistently on the list on and off. Also as you know all freight are not the same -- some cartons cost more than the others, sometimes by hundreds of dollars so the impact on the DC budget can vary greatly.

She can also ask the OM to see the quality report or talk to an ICQA TM and ask him/her, "Hey, was I on the report THAT many times?" and see what their response is. If ICQA is saying no, then maybe your friend can have documented evidence that he/she was wronged.

Your friend should also take care to work on his/her quality rather than emphasize production (and maybe get a calculator too). Encourage him/her to think about the secondary and tertiary effect of making a mistake and how many people get involved when there's miscount/mixed DPCI to fix that mistake -- ICQA TM has to go check that pallet if it's still in the staging area. Order Picker TM has to put a location hold both when there's a mixed DPCI/miscount. ICQA TM has to come investigate the location hold both, adjust, and clear the hold. Rework has to reprocess it and send it back to a Waterfall Puts TM. A single mistake just resulted in 5 people having to come together to fix that mistake. Hypothetically if everyone makes roughly $25/hr that person just costed Target $125.

I can understand if she/he's messing up at ART XS receiving since they are 3x likely to make an error, but if someone's not receiving pallets at around at least 95% accuracy I'm looking at them kind of sideways especially if they're a vet. If you are an exceptional receiver you should never be having talks with your OM about your quality.

You've been there for a hot minute so you know how it goes -- ICQA publishes the list of top 3 offenders every week and if you're on that top 3 quality offender list consecutively it is the OM's prerogative to issue out a CA depending on how egregious the miscount was and/or if that person is consistently on the list on and off. Also as you know all freight are not the same -- some cartons cost more than the others, sometimes by hundreds of dollars so the impact on the DC budget can vary greatly.

She can also ask the OM to see the quality report or talk to an ICQA TM and ask him/her, "Hey, was I on the report THAT many times?" and see what their response is. If ICQA is saying no, then maybe your friend can have documented evidence that he/she was wronged.

Your friend should also take care to work on his/her quality rather than emphasize production (and maybe get a calculator too). Encourage him/her to think about the secondary and tertiary effect of making a mistake and how many people get involved when there's miscount/mixed DPCI to fix that mistake -- ICQA TM has to go check that pallet if it's still in the staging area. Order Picker TM has to put a location hold both when there's a mixed DPCI/miscount. ICQA TM has to come investigate the location hold both, adjust, and clear the hold. Rework has to reprocess it and send it back to a Waterfall Puts TM. A single mistake just resulted in 5 people having to come together to fix that mistake. Hypothetically if everyone makes roughly $25/hr that person just costed Target $125.

I can understand if she/he's messing up at ART XS receiving since they are 3x likely to make an error, but if someone's not receiving pallets at around at least 95% accuracy I'm looking at them kind of sideways especially if they're a vet. If you are an exceptional receiver you should never be having talks with your OM about your quality.

She is the best receiver at our DC we have and that is exceptional she mistakes cause she doing everything cause others are not held accountable….yes she needs to slow down I agree and not worry about production but spot ain’t complaining when they be hitting production but gives her a CA after she puts in a job change to another shift come on now…

She is the best receiver at our DC we have and that is exceptional she mistakes cause she doing everything cause others are not held accountable….yes she needs to slow down I agree and not worry about production but spot ain’t complaining when they be hitting production but gives her a CA after she puts in a job change to another shift come on now…
Just out of curiosity, how do you know she's the best receiver at your DC?

Job change is not a popularity contest, it runs on where the needs are, and fills are through seniority. Period. Your was approved, good for you. Sounds like by your own admission, she makes mistakes fairly often, which earned her a ca. there could be other things at play, attitude and reaction when she was called out on them, that you aren’t aware of, or maybe it’s just the same error, over and over. Regardless, ca was reviewed and approved, it will stand. Are you just upset that your friend isn’t moving alongside you? How does this situation impact you? If your HR is really that bad, post in at the next opportunity and be part of the solution, because right now, it looks like you are part of the problem trying to stir things up all in the guise of “I have this friend….. wink wink”

Job change is not a popularity contest, it runs on where the needs are, and fills are through seniority. Period. Your was approved, good for you. Sounds like by your own admission, she makes mistakes fairly often, which earned her a ca. there could be other things at play, attitude and reaction when she was called out on them, that you aren’t aware of, or maybe it’s just the same error, over and over. Regardless, ca was reviewed and approved, it will stand. Are you just upset that your friend isn’t moving alongside you? How does this situation impact you? If your HR is really that bad, post in at the next opportunity and be part of the solution, because right now, it looks like you are part of the problem trying to stir things up all in the guise ofI have this friend….. wink wink”
I agree with you,

Job change is not a popularity contest, it runs on where the needs are, and fills are through seniority. Period. Your was approved, good for you. Sounds like by your own admission, she makes mistakes fairly often, which earned her a ca. there could be other things at play, attitude and reaction when she was called out on them, that you aren’t aware of, or maybe it’s just the same error, over and over. Regardless, ca was reviewed and approved, it will stand. Are you just upset that your friend isn’t moving alongside you? How does this situation impact you? If your HR is really that bad, post in at the next opportunity and be part of the solution, because right now, it looks like you are part of the problem trying to stir things up all in the guise of “I have this friend….. wink wink”
DC Diva I did not say my job change was popularity contest🤦….I said I’m quite popular meaning I know people who know people in high places at Target… that work there and don’t like the politics that is being dealt with in this company….so that being said I’m a man that could put Spot in a huge hole..just documenting and having a huge amount of witnesses….so that being said I promise you I’m not worried or intimidated….like I have said I fight and have fought for work injustice and the creator is on my side that being said no weapon formed against me shall prosper Isaiah 54:17…

DC Diva I did not say my job change was popularity contest🤦….I said I’m quite popular meaning I know people who know people in high places at Target… that work there and don’t like the politics that is being dealt with in this company….so that being said I’m a man that could put Spot in a huge hole..just documenting and having a huge amount of witnesses….so that being said I promise you I’m not worried or intimidated….like I have said I fight and have fought for work injustice and the creator is on my side that being said no weapon formed against me shall prosper Isaiah 54:17…
So if you know higher ups at spot, why are you here? We are not spot corp....

Back