DC "Storage"

Anyone elses store apart of the DC being over stocked and sending the excess merchandise to stores to "store" in storage containers. We were told not to call for our storage containers to be picked up as our DC was going to be offloading a bunch of excess DPCI on us. It has been a nightmare. Just last week we got 30 bean bags, and 20 ottomans. Multiple desks of atleast 10+ and various pallets of plastics.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the DC to rent storage containers and do it themselves?! I am sure they will never take this stuff back and it will all go clearance.

Ya'll get trailers??
They won't give us a trailer, and then they come visit and wonder why there's 16 pallets of apparel clogging up the backroom/line.

We got rid of half our trailers but the two remaining ones are full of fixtures. We could really use a trailer or two for all the paper pipo we are sitting on. And water pallets, but those can't go outside because they'd freeze.

Oh, and comforters & mattress pads! We have an endless supply of them.

It's stupid.

DC sends us excess of everything, but at the same time store leadership wants us to profile our backroom by section, get rid of casepacks, and bring everything low. So we made a few sections for comforters, because that's all we needed to fit what we had.. and we just got in enough to fill the entire aisle. So.. what should we do? DC wants us to store them, store leadership wants us to detrash them. But then we fill our entire aisle and we're no longer "low & pro".

It's really fucking stupid. I just don't understand how Target can be so backwards in its logistics process, and how there's zero communication between DCs and store leadership (by which I mean DSD, GVP, etc..).

Yes, all of the above and I forgot to mention the focus on backroom units! How are we supposed to keep them low if they overwhelm us with crap we don't need.

You got few options here . Change you sfq to only 2 and then go to revlog and create a transfer back to dc that would be the easiest way to get rid of it since you don’t need an extra trailer and it would go back on the same trailer with your sweep.
As for creating a store to store I have never had a trailer for that because I have an off-site therefor I would have my driver drop it of the the sister store that I would create the transfer .
Keep in mind tho that in order for dc to let you transfer your on hands has to be on point . Just last week I created a transfer back to DC for 60 cubic freezers . I change the sfq first and created the transfer the next day when I was loading my sweep.

You got few options here . Change you sfq to only 2 and then go to revlog and create a transfer back to dc that would be the easiest way to get rid of it since you don’t need an extra trailer and it would go back on the same trailer with your sweep.
As for creating a store to store I have never had a trailer for that because I have an off-site therefor I would have my driver drop it of the the sister store that I would create the transfer .
Keep in mind tho that in order for dc to let you transfer your on hands has to be on point . Just last week I created a transfer back to DC for 60 cubic freezers . I change the sfq first and created the transfer the next day when I was loading my sweep.
The details on Workbench regarding this mention that stores are not to SWADD back any merchandise they receive from DCs due to capacity issues. Each store has a list of DPCIs they're being given, and are expected to hold onto that product for months.

Because apparently stores are essentially warehouses that can house DC excess.

I mean definitely inconvenient but if they’re providing you with storage containers and you just store them outside what’s the big deal?

We get them every year. Some stores have off site trailers too.
I used to go to help at a few back-to-college stores that had off-site warehouses. These warehouses stocked overflow from the store main backroom. The product was then trucked in by U-Haul to the store. Did however hear of one store where the drivers made detours a few too many times and were fired for theft.

As a receiver we are all aware that we do not allow vendors to make our stockroom their warehouse. Target bosses do as I say not as I do.
I am often surprised at the amount of product that some of our DSD vendors bring into the supermarket I now work at. It never seems to stay around too long though. I guess our grocery business is higher volume than
Target's.

Hold up. In all of my years I’ve always been told that changing your SFQ did nothing in terms of letting you sweep back product, even though I’ve never understood why. You mean to tell me when they decide to dump a shitload of a certain product we can lower our SFQ to a small number and it’ll allow to have it sent back? Is this something that is instant or takes a day to process?

Hold up. In all of my years I’ve always been told that changing your SFQ did nothing in terms of letting you sweep back product, even though I’ve never understood why. You mean to tell me when they decide to dump a shitload of a certain product we can lower our SFQ to a small number and it’ll allow to have it sent back? Is this something that is instant or takes a day to process?
Of course sfq has a huge part of how much you get dump on . Therefore lowering it will allow to send it back . It would take 24h or so and should be allowed to transfer .I do it every year for bts ( back to school)

Of course sfq has a huge part of how much you get dump on . Therefore lowering it will allow to send it back . It would take 24h or so and should be allowed to transfer .I do it every year for bts ( back to school)
Good to know...

Back