Archived Dealing with a sociopathic boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the double standard that goes on in the stores.
Yep. Depending on the TL, some people can stand around (really, just stand there) and shoot the breeze. Other people get a stern warning for the same thing.
If they can find one thing, they zone in on it till you quit or use against you.
Yep to this too. My TL gets after one TM in particular about not keeping his u-boat right with him, although she doesn't bother me about the same thing. But, that other TM really is kind of slow. He's a decent worker otherwise, helpful with guests, accurate in stocking, works clean. But he's slow. Pretty sure she'd like to see him gone and that's why she bugs him about it.

If push comes to shove (if you’ve got nothing to lose) ask her to show you how to do the job per her specs. You may embarrass her though.
Of course I fear saying this a lot, but I do really want to sometimes. That would certainly totally set her off and ruin what ever little goodwill I have with her permanently. Maybe someday...

aTjHHlF.gif

How fast does she expect you to push a uboat?

The standard is push one case a minute, plus backstock and trash and whatever else is extra time (I factor 5 minutes per 20 cases for cleanup and guests, and on average it is reasonably close.) That standard is, IMO, fair for well sorted vehicles.

I have team members that think twice the standard is hard...so I'm cynical.
Well sorted. Fuck. I just snorted soda up my nose.

Typical day :
Grab pets boat stacked 7ft high. Mostly cat food/ toys and dog treats. But some of each on every shelf. Plus cleaning supplies in repack, and a few canning jars. Push, backstock, cardboard in just over an hour.

Take hba uboat 7ft high. Top shelf has a3, a5, a7, a8, a9, a10 on it. Middle shelf has split of a21 and a22 with a box of b6. Bottom shelf has split of a21 and a22 with a box of a9 and a box of a10. Pushed, backstock, detrash. Hour and twenty minutes plus twenty to help guests and clean spill from sideways leaking box.

Grab sporting goods flat. 8 different aisles in sports, a dozen in toys, three in seasonal and folded softlines (in the bottom of the repack). Time is similar plus another hour to backup guest service, run to back for flat for carryout, carryout team lift, return flat, answer guest phone across store in chem.

Grab another vehicle of sports partially worked by other tm, finish everything but backstock and a handful of push. Have to run around to grab keys to get item for guest service none of the key holders responded to request to come to backroom and I don't have keys in an effort to show me I'm not special and don't need the wave key.

8hr shift, almost four vehicles finished. Not fast enough, and I'm not even stopping to play operator like they want. 🤬

My advice. Approach her, ask how she thinks you're doing. Let her speak, nod your head and be enthusiastic that you want her to succeed along with your tasks. This new modernization shit is absolutely crazy and she needs to be there for you to help. If she isnt than she isnt a good leader, some leaders are good at management politics and keep their title, some are good at running the team and keeping high morale. Some dont understand the importance of that aspect. You cant always stay in 6th gear, sometimes there has to be a balance. Just is what it is. Good luck.

I look around at my leadership and think 90% of them are bunch of fucking morons, so there’s that.

When I say morons I mean they will be on a train going off the rails and down a canyon and enthusiastically go head first along with the train.

Well sorted. Fuck. I just snorted soda up my nose.

Typical day :
Grab pets boat stacked 7ft high. Mostly cat food/ toys and dog treats. But some of each on every shelf. Plus cleaning supplies in repack, and a few canning jars. Push, backstock, cardboard in just over an hour.

Take hba uboat 7ft high. Top shelf has a3, a5, a7, a8, a9, a10 on it. Middle shelf has split of a21 and a22 with a box of b6. Bottom shelf has split of a21 and a22 with a box of a9 and a box of a10. Pushed, backstock, detrash. Hour and twenty minutes plus twenty to help guests and clean spill from sideways leaking box.

Grab sporting goods flat. 8 different aisles in sports, a dozen in toys, three in seasonal and folded softlines (in the bottom of the repack). Time is similar plus another hour to backup guest service, run to back for flat for carryout, carryout team lift, return flat, answer guest phone across store in chem.

Grab another vehicle of sports partially worked by other tm, finish everything but backstock and a handful of push. Have to run around to grab keys to get item for guest service none of the key holders responded to request to come to backroom and I don't have keys in an effort to show me I'm not special and don't need the wave key.

8hr shift, almost four vehicles finished. Not fast enough, and I'm not even stopping to play operator like they want. 🤬

FYI your times add up to five and a half hours. It is an 8 hour shift. With breaks you still had 2 potential hours of work. If you are consttantly losing 2 hours "somewhere" that is probably why they are upset.

FYI your times add up to five and a half hours. It is an 8 hour shift. With breaks you still had 2 potential hours of work. If you are consttantly losing 2 hours "somewhere" that is probably why they are upset.
I don't see where @signingminion said he was getting an 8 hour shift. Could be a four hour shift.

Hour, hour twenty, twenty, hour twenty, hour...untimed, plus breaks. I'm at 6hrs plus untimed last vehicle and guest assistance in br.😎 with the time spent getting my vehicles out of the back corner of the back of the line (one way only, sl breakout blocks easy out) it's pretty close to only an hour or less "unaccounted" for in vehicles in and out of the line. I spent at least 30 min with the guest assistance by time it was taken care of. And every idiot blocks my carts since we work pp2 from aisle to end not end to aisle..🙄

Even if I finished 8 vehicles in 8hrs they would find something to complain about.

So everything was cool this week and I started to actually like her attitude, but at the end of the day she went back to her old ways and got angry at me for no reason. I imagine the next couple days are going to be hell for me. Fuck my life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back