Corporate Dear Corporate...

It was the same at Sears and I'm sure it's the same at most retailers - everyone scrambles when Corporate comes a callin'.

The plus side was that the store looked great, for however long that would last.

Dear Corporate, Please allow the SAME functions to work across hand held symbols and vehicle screens in the Distribution Centers. Why can't I ELA & ELZ on a hand held symbol if I'm trying to consolidate bulk locations and see how many are open? When in rack puts, why can't I RVI on a vehicle screen to see if an appointment is still open on a put pending pallet without a pallet ID? Both devices are running the same thing. Please fix forthwith. I'm on your side so please get with the program; jump on the same team and come in for the big win (Full Metal Jacket reference).

Kthxbai!

Dear Corporate,

If you’re going to send out things like shirts or face masks to stores please do it all at once. Please make sure you have the inventory to supply ALL TMs too. Otherwise you’re setting the stores up to fail with a favorites game and the culture you’re so hell bent on us creating goes out the window.

This is my day off and my whole store knows I have every Tuesday off. This has not stopped 5 TMs and 2 Leaders from texting me about these face masks. We haven’t even received them yet and I have people almost demanding that they get a full set. Oh you work in back packing SFS all day and have never once worn a mask other than the disposable ones and you’re demanding a full set? Oh you’re a Leader so you should have a full set since you’re all over the store interacting with guests and TMs and you should be more brand? Oh you’ve been here for 5 weeks and you’re going to whine about how you want a set soooo badddd but won’t get one cuz you’re too new? Oh you’ve been on LOA since the start of summer but you want a set for when you come back in a month?

Ok, let me get right on top of what all of you desire. Let me make sure Corporate even sent them to us before you jump on my dick about what you deserve. Let’s ignore the fact that the receiver will bust open every box bc they are a fucking nosy shit and always want to see what everyone has coming in (I hope you liked my binder clips and white out) and that means they’ll get a set and so will the people they deem worthy. Stop kissing my ass when someone else will be the one to sneak them all out, leaving us half a box for 90% of the store.

(I do apologize, this turned into more of a TTOTM post, but I’m still wondering what Corporate’s thought process is.)

I've been here for a year... and I've only acquired a red polo &a vest that I found in the cabinet when I ran late one morning. Nothing fancy ever comes to tech so whatever. I expect to see nothing from anything corporate sends to us.

Dear Corporate,

If you’re going to send out things like shirts or face masks to stores please do it all at once. Please make sure you have the inventory to supply ALL TMs too. Otherwise you’re setting the stores up to fail with a favorites game and the culture you’re so hell bent on us creating goes out the window.

This is my day off and my whole store knows I have every Tuesday off. This has not stopped 5 TMs and 2 Leaders from texting me about these face masks. We haven’t even received them yet and I have people almost demanding that they get a full set. Oh you work in back packing SFS all day and have never once worn a mask other than the disposable ones and you’re demanding a full set? Oh you’re a Leader so you should have a full set since you’re all over the store interacting with guests and TMs and you should be more brand? Oh you’ve been here for 5 weeks and you’re going to whine about how you want a set soooo badddd but won’t get one cuz you’re too new? Oh you’ve been on LOA since the start of summer but you want a set for when you come back in a month?

Ok, let me get right on top of what all of you desire. Let me make sure Corporate even sent them to us before you jump on my dick about what you deserve. Let’s ignore the fact that the receiver will bust open every box bc they are a fucking nosy shit and always want to see what everyone has coming in (I hope you liked my binder clips and white out) and that means they’ll get a set and so will the people they deem worthy. Stop kissing my ass when someone else will be the one to sneak them all out, leaving us half a box for 90% of the store.

(I do apologize, this turned into more of a TTOTM post, but I’m still wondering what Corporate’s thought process is.)
If you responded to those texts I hope you will add the time to your time card when you return to work. Was there any instructions from corporate on how to give out the masks?

Dear corporate,

I'm not going to pretend like some do that you've done nothing for store level employees - 2 bonuses for all tms and 1 for tls and a temporary pay bump is appreciated compensation even if well deserved.

However, when it comes time for reviews and typical target end of the year shenanigans, those who have worked the hardest, worked nearly every damn day through this whole shit, and somehow didn't take an LOA deserve to have their own recognition. Limiting the amount of people who can "exceed expectations" at a store, putting a cap on raises, whatever you were planning on doing.... don't. This isn't the year to piss off your best employees. Instead consider letting Store Directors do what they should, and evaluate themselves and with their teams just how many people stepped the fuck up this year.

Dear Corporate,
Why in the name of all that is good and holy have you just decided that clearance isn't a thing anymore? And why we get wholly conflicting direction on whether to flex/no flex and backstock/no backstock? Are we just supposed to salvage everything that goes dcode now? If so, could you, I don't know, let us know that? We don't have room in the back or on the floor for months-old dcode that won't sell. We don't have room for the transition stuff that's coming in by the pallet, or truckloads of fucking decorative pillows, let alone room for stuff that doesn't have a spot. JFC

Dear Corporate,
Why in the name of all that is good and holy have you just decided that clearance isn't a thing anymore? And why we get wholly conflicting direction on whether to flex/no flex and backstock/no backstock? Are we just supposed to salvage everything that goes dcode now? If so, could you, I don't know, let us know that? We don't have room in the back or on the floor for months-old dcode that won't sell. We don't have room for the transition stuff that's coming in by the pallet, or truckloads of fucking decorative pillows, let alone room for stuff that doesn't have a spot. JFC
I am sitting on random bits of d-code too. Some of it has been that way for weeks (months?) I need it to be clearanced, and I need it to be gone. I get random stuff in my freight, and random [NOP] stuff from returns. Plus items that fall off the POG during resets.

I my supported summer shoes that aren't even dcode. Asked to have them clearanced. Didn't happen. I am ready to get on my knees and beg! I need the room, like yesterday.

Dear Corporate,
Why can't you check the quality off brand mdse before you send a pallet of it to the stores? The wipes from chemical filled 6 repacks. We had 11 cases that hadn't been open. I'm soooo looking forward when we probably have to bag it all up and put in ESIM bin. NOT.

Dear Corporate,
FFS, stop changing hours with zero notice. You do realize that the schedule was made two weeks ago and when you suddenly keep us open later, we have nobody staffed to run the store that late? And it's not like guests know we're open that late, either. Give us at least a week's warning, wouldja? Then we might stand a chance of having at least a few folks there past 10/11pm.

Back