Corporate Dear Corporate...

At my store, we routinely do this for OPU carts. When a TM starts an OPU batch they name the cart SHPFirstnameInitial,LastnameInitial so for example, Joe Smith would be SHPJS. Helps us keep track of who is doing what. For SFS we have a yellow legal pad hanging up on the wall and every Fulfillment TM is required to write down their name, the cart they are using and the time they started their batch. So Bob Smith would log, Bob Smith, SHPQA, 10:15am. This helps the captains and TLs keep track of who is doing what and it lets the packing TMs know who picked the cart they are packing in the event any items are missing. "Hey Ann Smith, the Star Wars Lego you scanned into SHPQB isn't here - what do you know about that?"

That being said, it doesn't sound like to much of a programming enhancement to be able to add initials to any cart, SFS or OPU.
I like this, thanks. As a follow-up question: when Jane Smith names her cart SHPJS, is she manually typing in cart locations for each item, even if they are all going into SHPJS01 or have you created some bar code cards for each TM with the SHPJS and SHPJS01 codes to make life easier?

This weekend, we started having TMs call out their OPU carts when they start, i.e."this is Jane picking a regular OPU in cart QA.". It helps the OPU captain keep track.

And I definitely like the written log in SFS carts.

But the zebra should just display this!

Last edited:
I like this, thanks. As a follow-up question: when Jane Smith names her cart SHPJS, is she manually typing in cart locations for each item, even if they are all going into SHPJS01 or have you created some bar code cards for each TM with the SHPJS and SHPJS01 codes to make life easier?

This weekend, we started having TMs call out their OPU carts when they start, i.e."this is Jane picking a regular OPU in cart QA.". It helps the OPU captain keep track.

And I definitely like the written log in SFS carts.

But the zebra should just display this!

We create barcodes, SHPJS01 for Jane Smith to use your example, using labels that the TMs can stick on the back of their Target name badges, That way, no typing is required, they just flip their badge and scan.

And definitely agree, either the ePic or MPM app on the zebra should be able to display this information.

We create barcodes, SHPJS01 for Jane Smith to use your example, using labels that the TMs can stick on the back of their Target name badges, That way, no typing is required, they just flip their badge and scan.

And definitely agree, either the ePic or MPM app on the zebra should be able to display this information.
We'll try this today - thanks!

If you don't get a chance to make them, just tell a TM to copy and paste SHPJS01 or whatever on their Zebra. They can just click on the magnifying glass, hold down for a moment and paste will pop up. I've been using my own initials for two years this way (and it's helpful for Ship Alones) 😄
Nice - we printed labels and put them on index cards for a trial today - TMs are liking it and it's reducing whiny chatter (from me) re who has what cart!

Of course we are learning some middle names now as I have three TMs with the initials JT.

dear corporate I have no confidence in the management staff at my store how do you think we are really doing? you do know we cook the bloody books when you come by?

the next batch of crones you send out to look at the store you might have them talk to some of us low level peons and not the stores pets.

yes I had a very so much not a good day

Dear Corporate, Could we please have soap and paper towels on the same day in the staff room and extra toilet paper for when the back room bathrooms run out by noon ? During a pandemic ya see.

Hey Corporate- here's a good suggestion from the Flex Fill thread - implement a way to identify what items are in different repack boxes - so when a TM is looking for mascara that came in this morning, she can narrow it down to the correct box before diving in.

Have some kind of barcode that gets placed on the box, with the store and date as we know the label will build up as boxes are reused, that the TM can scan and the zebra lets her know "ding ding ding, this is the box!" This would be a HUGE timesaver for flex. I am assuming (aware of the risks) that items being placed in a repack at the DC are scanned, so it should be a relatively easy data management routine to assign a unique barcode to the repack and allow its contents to be checked against the OPU item being sought.

And given how that same TM only has 90 mins to complete a batch, rooting around in repacks is NOT a good use of time.....

Hey Corporate- here's a good suggestion from the Flex Fill thread - implement a way to identify what items are in different repack boxes - so when a TM is looking for mascara that came in this morning, she can narrow it down to the correct box before diving in.

Have some kind of barcode that gets placed on the box, with the store and date as we know the label will build up as boxes are reused, that the TM can scan and the zebra lets her know "ding ding ding, this is the box!" This would be a HUGE timesaver for flex. I am assuming (aware of the risks) that items being placed in a repack at the DC are scanned, so it should be a relatively easy data management routine to assign a unique barcode to the repack and allow its contents to be checked against the OPU item being sought.

And given how that same TM only has 90 mins to complete a batch, rooting around in repacks is NOT a good use of time.....
IIRC there is a repack report that can tell you what is in each repack, as each repack has its own barcode.

IIRC there is a repack report that can tell you what is in each repack, as each repack has its own barcode.

Yeah, that's in Greenfield. It's kind of a pain in the ass to nagivate that report though and TM's don't have computers with them. That report would be almost useless on a phone or a MyDevice. I believe what's being asked for is what we have for shippers and fixed assortments. We can scan the barcode in MyWork and it will give us a list of what is supposed to be in the box. It's very useful unless you scan in ePick and discover a mispick or a shipper that's already been opened and backstocked as is, in which case you're going to be raging as you have to reset your cart.

Dear Corporate, this repack report needs to be accessible in myDay. At least, if we scan the barcode on the repack it tells us what's inside.
Tbh I don’t even think there should be repackages. It’s so much harder to sell those items. There isn’t really a good place to put them and there isn’t a way to see if anything is defective or missing. I just think we should defect it out.

Tbh I don’t even think there should be repackages. It’s so much harder to sell those items. There isn’t really a good place to put them and there isn’t a way to see if anything is defective or missing. I just think we should defect it out.

Repacks are not the same as repackaged items.

Repacks are assortment boxes that come in off the truck for specific areas. They send these instead of sending full cases of some items.

Yeah, that's in Greenfield. It's kind of a pain in the ass to nagivate that report though and TM's don't have computers with them. That report would be almost useless on a phone or a MyDevice. I believe what's being asked for is what we have for shippers and fixed assortments. We can scan the barcode in MyWork and it will give us a list of what is supposed to be in the box. It's very useful unless you scan in ePick and discover a mispick or a shipper that's already been opened and backstocked as is, in which case you're going to be raging as you have to reset your cart.
It's not accessible to TMs, because TMs can't use Greenfield 🙃

March 5th you will be able to have that . All combos will be pre-sorted by department aka food, sprt , toys etc will have their own custom block

Last edited:
so when a TM is looking for mascara that came in this morning, she can narrow it down to the correct box before diving in.
That’s already in place you would have to look at the truck detail to get the Container Id. As for the repacks that are reused they already have a new id container .

Yes, my store is instructed to defect stuff, and no longer repackage items.

Repack boxes from freight are a whole 'nother animal.

A repack of repackages might just send me over the edge.
One day I opened a repack box to push. About a dozen pairs of tights, and not a single one had the outside paper packaging. Absolutely pristine and brand new, but just the tights themselves, the stiffener inside, the hanger and that was all.

It's not accessible to TMs, because TMs can't use Greenfield 🙃

Yes, TMs can use Greenfield. I don't do it often as I don't have that kind of time usually, but I have accessed it plenty of times with no issue.

Back