Corporate Dear Corporate...

Dear Corporate-

Cool that your offering a $500 gift card this year to one lucky tm and $500 the charity of their choice but It's unfair to make seasonal tms qualify. If I had a dollar every time I heard "Customer" I'd have $500 by now....
A seasonal employee won the one at our store.

Dear Corporate,

If a shelf or peghook holds 10, why do you say it holds 25? Is it because it's more efficient (aka Modernization) to continually have an item drop into autofulls only to be backstocked because it's full?

You know you change that right
It doesn't matter. I fought that battle. Research showed that quantity was either correct or one less than I could stuff on a peg, amount on the floor was usually right , give or take a couple, and yet there still was more on the floor than the maximum quantity as well as several in the push that was brought out. The computer knew how many could fit, knew that capacity had been reached and then some, and yet those same items were in the push every single day.

These shifts are ridiculous. I know it's February, but wow. We had two closing TLs tonight (!!!!) but they were the only ones that actually closed. I zoned a four foot section of toothpaste tonight, and that was it. I spent more time picking up stuff I knocked off pallets in the backroom because it is once again super clogged.

Also, sending the backroom home at 8 and having no one cover OPU for their breaks? Seriously?

It doesn't matter. I fought that battle. Research showed that quantity was either correct or one less than I could stuff on a peg, amount on the floor was usually right , give or take a couple, and yet there still was more on the floor than the maximum quantity as well as several in the push that was brought out. The computer knew how many could fit, knew that capacity had been reached and then some, and yet those same items were in the push every single day.

It works for me, I dont know what its issue for you. Maybe use audit.
what do you mean i shouldn't bitch about something that only takes two seconds to fix?
It's the old tbr way

Since corporate may or may not lurk this site, I thought it would be useful to have a thread where people can share and vent, towards corporate. Kind of like the "to that one team member" thread. In this case, directly to the source.

I'll start....

Dear Corporate...
Please explain why I have 20 hours the week of BLACK FRIDAY!
Corporate lurks and posts
Since corporate may or may not lurk this site, I thought it would be useful to have a thread where people can share and vent, towards corporate. Kind of like the "to that one team member" thread. In this case, directly to the source.

I'll start....

Dear Corporate...
Please explain why I have 20 hours the week of BLACK FRIDAY!
They DO lurk, and, from what I've seen in recent months, ignore our issues.

It works for me, I dont know what its issue for you. Maybe use audit.

I fought that battle with men's basics for 3-4 months, research and check capacity and on floor quantity twice a week, no change in what came out. Ridiculous that quantity was 3 for a peg, 4 or 5 or even 6 on floor, and I had 8 more in the day's push. I gave up, but now that I'm doing more with baby hardlines I'm seeing the same thing, accurate for capacity and what's on the floor, but yet even more coming out of the backroom.

I fought that battle with men's basics for 3-4 months, research and check capacity and on floor quantity twice a week, no change in what came out. Ridiculous that quantity was 3 for a peg, 4 or 5 or even 6 on floor, and I had 8 more in the day's push. I gave up, but now that I'm doing more with baby hardlines I'm seeing the same thing, accurate for capacity and what's on the floor, but yet even more coming out of the backroom.
I've seen the same thing in other areas. Sometimes, I think those capacity numbers are just made up and then after we correct the capacity and the floor count, what shows up on our zebras isn't really real. I can't think of a good explanation for how some of this stuff works. Or more like how this stuff doesn't work.

I've seen the same thing in other areas. Sometimes, I think those capacity numbers are just made up and then after we correct the capacity and the floor count, what shows up on our zebras isn't really real. I can't think of a good explanation for how some of this stuff works. Or more like how this stuff doesn't work.
For us the capacity number is right. My work seems to know how much we should have and usually knows how much we do have, but still turns around and sends a stupid amount of the same item every day onto the floor. It's like the inventory program is not talking to the program that determines how much should be pulled. And this problem dates back at least two years, because that was when I started trying to clean up men's basics.

You know you change that right
I do know that. I change it constantly all day long. What I'm saying is that when the planogram is being designed by corporate, why are they unable to enter the correct salesfloor capacity? They obviously know the measurements of each item to determine shelf height and peghook placement. Yes it doesn't take long for me to change it for one or two items. But when I have to change it for 99% of the items I work, that adds up and I am not working as productively as I should be. Another thing to consider is the team members who don't know (or don't care) how to change capacities. In that case, they remain wrong until someone decides to fix it. If it was corrected at the corporate level, the problem would be dealt with proactively rather than reactively.

I do know that. I change it constantly all day long. What I'm saying is that when the planogram is being designed by corporate, why are they unable to enter the correct salesfloor capacity? They obviously know the measurements of each item to determine shelf height and peghook placement. Yes it doesn't take long for me to change it for one or two items. But when I have to change it for 99% of the items I work, that adds up and I am not working as productively as I should be. Another thing to consider is the team members who don't know (or don't care) how to change capacities. In that case, they remain wrong until someone decides to fix it. If it was corrected at the corporate level, the problem would be dealt with proactively rather than reactively.

They don't always know the measurements of items when the planogram is designed (or haven't decided yet. Seriously these people take every little thing as such a big heavy decision). And I think they are too lazy to fix it on their end when they do have the info. I've been told they just assume we'll fix it on our end. And sometimes the measurements are imaged or entered wrong (again too lazy to fix it) so that's where some of the discrepancies come up.

I believe some of the capacities are larger then what actually fits has to due with how quickly an items anticipated sale rate is. Take BPG. Cap on somethings are 500 but we all know 500 will never fit but it keeps the item replenished because it would come out in every pull.

Back