Corporate Dear Corporate...

Dear Corporate -

These forced 1-for-1 batches suck.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Freight and zone should come way before batches. And endcaps/Revisions should also come before 1-for-1s. So much more money in sales are sitting in un-worked freight.

If I have 11 jars of PB on the shelf, stocking one more won't make a damn bit of difference in sales. Unworked freight in the back = lost $$$. Unset endcaps = lost $$$. Unset REV = lost $$$.

Our Grocery 1-for-1 pulls are insane!

Way to give us MORE WORK without any more hours.

Signed
Fed up TM.

Dear corporate... you GOTTA be shitting me!!!

d1Cqx2y.gif

I'm convinced 1 for 1s are nothing more than a ploy to empty out backroom shelves to make room for the DC to dump more shit on us. They've been getting done every day, but now the backroom aisles are packed with even more shit? How does that happen? I can't even backstock properly in some aisles because there is zero space in open stock locations.

I'm convinced 1 for 1s are nothing more than a ploy to empty out backroom shelves to make room for the DC to dump more shit on us. They've been getting done every day, but now the backroom aisles are packed with even more shit? How does that happen? I can't even backstock properly in some aisles because there is zero space in open stock locations.

Correct. HQ "ideally" wants only open stock in the backroom, yet still wants FF TMs to pull from the back before the floor. If that's the case, they will end up with open stock from floor to ceiling. It's much faster to take one full case off the top shelf than to take oh, I don't know... 9 items off of a shelf that I still have to climb a ladder for. Instead of starting a new process in the stores, they should have started in the DC if that's their desired outcome.

I'm a former backroom TM, and now I'm getting my hours cut, forced to work the SF and watch this "modernization" fail every single day. All to save a couple the company a couple bucks.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I heard one thousand 1:1 batches required per week. Any store reaching that goal ? 1,000 : 7 = 143 per day ?? Not happening.
Well.....Could it have been 1K per MONTH ? Even THAT is 33 per day, everyday. STILL NOT gonna happen.

I am VERY lucky if I can do 3 in a week. I am in a high volume area - lucky if my 1-for-1 is under 70 DPCIs.

I don't work everyday - so jack shit gets done in my area while I am gone = Ginormous 1-for-1s.

No. It’s just like the Presidential candidates. Just let them reveal who they are and what they think and let the chips fall where they may.

Dear corporate: can you maybe put a little more thought into the names you come up with for termonalogy in this company? Death Valley, U Boat and Floater were already bad enough. I'm honestly surprised the younger members of Style weren't giggling like children when our team lead had to explain the finer points on "Edging". 🤨

Dear corporate: can you maybe put a little more thought into the names you come up with for termonalogy in this company? Death Valley, U Boat and Floater were already bad enough. I'm honestly surprised the younger members of Style weren't giggling like children when our team lead had to explain the finer points on "Edging". 🤨
Okay now I'm curious, what the hell is "edging" in Spot's world?

Okay now I'm curious, what the hell is "edging" in Spot's world?
Think of a pants hanger, straight bar under the hook parallel with the floor, with clips on the ends. Edging is hanging pants and skirts so that the edge of the waistband is where the clips are attached to. The excess waistband fabric just U's forward or back. When you look at all the pants/skirts on a bar from the side, the fabric is even across the entire group of clothing and looks neat. Unfortunately when you look from the front you see all this excess fabric U'ing forward and it looks trashy. Double unfortunately clipping only to the edge of the waistband causes the weight of the clothing to not be distributed evenly and the heavier fabrics tend to pull right out of the hanger thanks to gravity.

The one that would get everyone giggling at my store was when we had an ETL that was all about the “butt-tucks” on the folded jeans 😂

Stocking should be complete before 10 am at the latest.

A dedicated flow team that comes in early (or over night) should be stocking.

Then have a dedicated team member for a few departments/aisles to do stuff like help guests, shoot Audits, touch up endcaps, etc -- you know, how it used to be when we had a bunch of TLs on the floor before the slashing of the positions.

Don't dismantle the specialty teams like Flow, BR, POG, Pricing. They should be like ninjas. Highly trained.

Stop flooding the stores with so much softlines product. It just sits in the BR 'cause the floor is full, no one has time (or bothers to restock the floor) cause they are so busy pushing the new truck, helping guests, doing reshop, zoning, etc.

Go back to allowing us to have payroll to zone through out the day, and push autofills/reshop/help guests. Gives us zoners for the closing shifts, too.
Flow... highly trained ..... pfffffffhhahahahahahahahahaha

Corporate is just plain stupid! Modernization will not work now or ever. Every day adding another responsibility to my job duties just pushes completion of truck later and later after my shift is over. I am also expected to help in other departments on non-truck days instead of paying attention to my own area. And if you continue to cut my hours and the ones covering my shift are not required to keep up with the duties, well figure it out. Your CUSTOMERS are the ones suffering because we are left no choice but to ignore them to make management shut up about getting the product pushed. Go back to getting truck done no later than 11:45 am so we can take care of Targets 2nd most valuable asset, the GUEST.
P.S. If you would learn to show up unannounced you would really see that we go back to doing things the way the STL wants us to. Most importantly if you got out of bed early once in a while you see that the back room isn't safe for the TM to work in and if need be....... some may not make it out in an emergency. Our safety should be job one.

Dear Corporate, do you realize how many sales you are going to lose over charging a bag fee on OPU orders? In those states that require you to charge for bags, put the OPU orders in a box instead of a bag and keep those orders coming in. Yes, you have to pay for the box, but that’s better than paying for the box and shipping costs for the guest’s free shipping when they convert that OPU into an SFS order, or lose the sale entirely when the guest orders from Amazon or Walmart. Have you ever thought what kind of a shitshow OPU pickup will be when everyone in line has to wait for bag overpayment charges to be credited at pickup, on, say, Black Friday or Christmas week? Considering your guests will fight over a dime, how many do you think will pay a $2.50 bag fee for $12.00 worth of items that are too big to fit in a Target bag? 🙄

Back