Archived Dear SAP:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signduck

....oh hey look a bunn...duck!!
•warning long rant•
it's not complicated.
No wait YES. IT IS.
Let me see. I need 3x5 paper. NOT FOUND.
I need double sided tape. NOT FOUND.
I need tv wall paper. NOT FOUND.
I need a basket label holder holder. Wait for it... NOT FOUND.
I need a 4 ft hardlines label holder 7000 results.
This isn't rocket science. It's not even UNCOMMON terms. I mean double sided tape? And you get stuff like shelves that come up.
Now I have 2 reasons for this post. For you corporate stalkers: FIX IT!! Let me find what I need. If I am looking for HOUSWARES SHELFTALKERS SET, and this is NOT a regional term, this shit is in set notes, it's in directions, it's in monthly signing update, does it not make sense for us to look it up that way? Why on earth should I have to pull up 7000 shelf talkers or fact tags to find what I am loooking for? You have already chopped my hours by -40 a week. (And we are just going to assume that if I am typing in a name, I clearly don't have a number or it doesn't work)
And for the love of god remove fixtures that are discontinued. We need PICTURES with ALL the orderable things. How on earth do I know if I'm getting what I want if I don't have a picture?
Second reason: howdo you all bypass the squirrels of SAP?

I agree with all of this. SAP sucks.

P.S. can someone get me the number for the lit 3ft beauty transcend endcap header? I think I may have found it but there's no picture and I didn't want to spend $75 and wait weeks just to find out its the wrong thing.

I agree with all of this. SAP sucks.

P.S. can someone get me the number for the lit 3ft beauty transcend endcap header? I think I may have found it but there's no picture and I didn't want to spend $75 and wait weeks just to find out its the wrong thing.
Got a picture lol? U want the light?

I get a month or so vacation from SAP every couple months because my access drops out of the system and leadership takes forever to get it reinstated, so yay me.

Evidently we're just fine finding most of the cleaner and such on SAP. It'd be nice if what we ordered would actually get sent to us, though! We haven't gotten large trash bags in weeks and we're almost completely out now. We also can't seem to get Suma Calc in for the dishwasher...

Trying to order a stamp pad or a pen on SAP , it's like trying to create light out of dust. I mean it's a pen! Why the hell doesn't it show any results half of the time even when you click on the WRITTING INSTRUMENTS category????? Sap is a loser.

@Signduck, have you looked at the signing guide phamplet? All the signing numbers are listed in the back. Your hr may have a copy of it. That handout was given out to salesfloor folks to make sure that signing guidelines were met on end caps & ad Sunday's.

Have your PMT check wiki. There is s whole topic of transcend part numbers. Also search signing guide on workbench there is a 200 page PDF file with every padtnumber for everything in the store about half of them even have pics :)

So does it really take 2 months to get 7x11 paper and some sale card stock. We are running down to free gift card with purchase, which is just about the most useless paper you could get.

Sap is a piece of shit.

Sfs items seem to come fast and are easy to find, but God help you if you need a shelf.

I need a 3 foot wide dvd shelf. 500 items found. This was after I entered the part number stamped on the goddamn thing. :mad:

Half the time idk if I even ordered the right thing. A shelf for $1.50? Then it ends up being right. Some are over $100, so I donno.....

Good luck finding the right sign if they don't give you the number.

Worst is the order limit. I had to put in 8 separate orders to replace the S3 keys that were all falling apart because the order limit is 1. Irony in that, is that the AP ETL was not authorized to order the item.

So does it really take 2 months to get 7x11 paper and some sale card stock. We are running down to free gift card with purchase, which is just about the most useless paper you could get.

7-11 paper should 2 to 3 weeks. 3x3 sale takes about 2 weeks, you should receive a email from UPS when your order ships so you can track it.

SAP has issues, I liked TIPP much better. But I guess I'm lucky, I usually receive about 90% of the stuff I order.

•warning long rant•
it's not complicated.
No wait YES. IT IS.
This isn't rocket science. It's not even UNCOMMON terms. I mean double sided tape? And you get stuff like shelves that come up.
Now I have 2 reasons for this post. For you corporate stalkers: FIX IT!! Let me find what I need. If I am looking for HOUSWARES SHELFTALKERS SET, and this is NOT a regional term, this shit is in set notes, it's in directions, it's in monthly signing update, does it not make sense for us to look it up that way? Why on earth should I have to pull up 7000 shelf talkers or fact tags to find what I am loooking for? You have already chopped my hours by -40 a week. (And we are just going to assume that if I am typing in a name, I clearly don't have a number or it doesn't work)
And for the love of god remove fixtures that are discontinued. We need PICTURES with ALL the orderable things. How on earth do I know if I'm getting what I want if I don't have a picture?

If I don't have a direct Part # I usually use a filter, and more than often to Best Selling (works well for common crap and use a very vague keyword).

ex. Type in "Tape" in same and filter it to best selling, I am willing to bet double sided tape is damn near the top.

View attachment 2719
The header piece. # isn't included in the signing guide, transcend installation guide, POG line listings or anything.
I was trying to find the # today but didn't have enough time. BUT 2 things. Joejoe could be right, I've always had a hard time with navigating pmt wiki tho and the other is look in the cosmetic fixture guide in workbench. Or gasp SAP. Try 3 ft endcap cosmetic valance
] <- looks like that right?

Worst is the order limit. I had to put in 8 separate orders to replace the S3 keys that were all falling apart because the order limit is 1. Irony in that, is that the AP ETL was not authorized to order the item.
Wait till you get the email that say your order was deleted because you already ordered it.....

@Signduck, have you looked at the signing guide phamplet? All the signing numbers are listed in the back. Your hr may have a copy of it. That handout was given out to salesfloor folks to make sure that signing guidelines were met on end caps & ad Sunday's.
Signing guide pamphlet? Surely you jest.....

Yes/no. Depends on time of year and if it's on back order. A couple of years ago we couldn't get clearence labels in. FOR MONTHS. It was grim. Just don't let your stock get too low. Of anything especially near 4th quarter.

•warning long rant•
it's not complicated.
No wait YES. IT IS.

3x5 paper is printed on demand now. You may have to mySupport to get any.
Regular double sided tape I just requistion from the sales floor. Foam tape is orderable but can't remember the number...
Try PR0001 for the basket label holder. Should have a picture too.
4 ft. Label holder: FX0007

Clearly SAP does need improvements since these are also items I have trouble with too. It gets tiring playing guessing games to find what is needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back