Archived Deauthorizing Team Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGSTLman

FBTL
Hello all - just wondering if anyone has had the issue before of the system randomly de-authorizing team members from the registers. Not inactive or LOA team members but ones that are regular cashiers or frequent backups. Example: they go to log on and they see "Team Member not Authorized" on the screen and I have to re activate their number on the POS system.

Anyone have any insight?

Yes. It does it randomly. You just have to have someone with supervisor numbers add them back in. CSC has never had an answer for me.

I had that issue about 2 years ago. One day, I couldn't log in. And the GSTL couldn't fix it. It took an ETL to put me back.in the system. More than that, I can't recall.

I've had this happen with a few flow TMs covering electronics. I assumed the time between register log-ins exceeds a limit and removes their credentials.

This is hypothetical, but it's also possible that the system has a limit for how many active TMs can be authorized in the system. When a TM is booted, it might be based on activity, considering other TMs might have been authorized since that TMs last log-in. So, they were de-authorized to free up system resources/space.

It happens at least once a day at my store and it has happened to TMs more than once. I joke and say "you didn't get the memo" and then fix it for them but it's so totally random how it de-authorizes people. I figured it was a fluke in the system but wasn't sure if there was a way to make it stop happening.

It did something similar to me this past winter and several tm's. It wouldn't recognize our pins or something like that. I would long on.. five min later it told me to fetch the gsa and reset it

Yep it's constantly happening at my store quite a lot and it's always at annoying times like during the busy waves and someone jumps on to help out but can't log in.
I remember the first time it happening to me and I panicked so much thinking I got kicked out or anything. But yea end story, it happens a lot

yeah, it's happened to me a couple times. I thought I had got fired and they just hadn't told me yet ;)

Probably happens to me about once or twice a quarter. It's always when I'm by myself in Starbucks, in the middle of my shift. Really weird.

Happens every couple of weeks in pharmacy. Oddly enough, I'm the only one who never gets kicked out. I can still login at the front lanes too???

I remember during one of my electronics shifts. Our new etl AP and new gsa where closing and both ended up locking themselves out of the registers. About an hour to close. I went to get reshop about 15mins before the store closed and asked why none of the registers were closed. Etlap: I don't have numbers and don't remember how
Gsa: I'm locked out
Etlap: do you know anyone here with supervisor numbers
Me:(I helped train the GSA during the etls closing shifts last weekend) hmm I do, why you think I never call for anything but change

At my old store it never happened. Here at my current store for a couple years now and it's happened every couple months, most recently this past weekend.

I've realized it unauthorizes you if you haven't changed your password when it recommend you to... like if two days ago when you log on to mytime or something and it says change your password in the next two days... your be unauthorized after the time runs out

Mine knocks me out every three months or so, and happens pretty regularly to anyone that goes to the registers for backup/cashiers/etc. I always figured it was just a prompt to reiterate your pin number to get on.

I forgot mine. But I so infrequency do backups. I actually tossed a newb to the wolves today when LOD calling for everyone register trained to the front. (they only needed 3 but no one was responding)

I get de-auth'ed every 3 months on the nose. Same frequency as having to change my password on eHR. I assumed it was a way of ensuring we changed our PIN periodically.

It seems to be happening to me every 90 days. I've always assumed it was a way of culling inactive TMs who aren't keyed as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back