Archived Delivering a termination

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ETLs always default to me when it comes to Starbucks specific questions. They wouldn't coach them or have me coach them if they were uncertain.
It's better now. There hadn't been an TL for a while when I took over. I love my team now, but when I took over, there were shennanigans going on. I just wish leaders from other workcenters would come by and say "hi" to my team sometimes. Careful what you wish for, LOL.
It's a big deal in Cali
Yeah, Cali always seems to have different laws/rules in the Target paperwork!

It's better now. There hadn't been an TL for a while when I took over. I love my team now, but when I took over, there were shennanigans going on. I just wish leaders from other workcenters would come by and say "hi" to my team sometimes. Careful what you wish for, LOL.

Yeah, Cali always seems to have different laws/rules in the Target paperwork!
I actually challenged one of my SrTLs about them saying hi to my team. He told me I need to be more "global" on the floor and I told him "Why do I always have to be "global"? Who's being global in Starbucks other than me?" And he just laughed and told me, "wow you're right." Target loves for their leaders to be global but no one dares step into Starbucks because it's a little "too" global for them.

I actually challenged one of my SrTLs about them saying hi to my team. He told me I need to be more "global" on the floor and I told him "Why do I always have to be "global"? Who's being global in Starbucks other than me?" And he just laughed and told me, "wow you're right." Target loves for their leaders to be global but no one dares step into Starbucks because it's a little "too" global for them.
THANK YOU

It's the struggle of every SBTL.
Truth! Starbucks at Target is always treated as a different entity. No one ever wants to help, but they are willing to criticize you and your team left and right. Do you know how many times they hardcore cut our hours before any other department? And we actually were kicking butt in sales. So glad I left.

And when it cones to terminations, I have only seen TLs do it when it is a 90-day probationary period. Otherwise, it was always an ETL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back